What's new

Karma Genetics Strain Info, Listings, And all........

and not from karma but uses his headbanger
IMG_4418.jpeg

Top buzzer

Some of the sour bikers are now showing hermie traits, no fault other then genetics, seen this before ith Road dawg and sour d bx2 , the loss hits hard when you needing it as meds , killing the mums off and binning the other packs of seeds. I don't have time for this if I can help it .

Attachments

• 20230805_225519.jpg
    20230805_225519.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
  • 20230805_225359.jpg
    20230805_225359.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • 20230805_225451.jpg
    20230805_225451.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should at least pick the male parts off and see the grow through. Chances are that cuts from the mothers won’t show any male flowers.
Typically it does get passed down to progeny. He also risks pollinating his entire garden. Id bin them too but im ruthless about intersex traits. Any sign and its out. If i just had a personal tent or something and they barely had some nanners id just pick em off. Done that before. At least you end up with meds.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Sour biker is pretty new hasnt been grown much by people yet apart from the test grows, those didnt show any real problems.

Sd bx and road dawg been grown by 100's of people without problems. Threw the years.

But all chem and sour genes do have that trait in the genepool. So yes defantly in the genetics but most times do need some stressors during sexing stage tho trigger as seed plant.

When you need it as meds i wouldnt have killed those of myself, and would have taken the hassle of picking those of and check closly if return.

Always a pitty for time and money spend.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It doesn't matter what we grow as all carry that trait to some degree. As long as the seeds get tested and no issues are present there isn't anything else that could be done. That is the best any can do with the gene pool we have. This doesn't mean someone someday won't find some herm issues. It's just not possible to give anyone a 100% guarantee.

Using our best judgment about culling/Keeping would depend on what the plant is showing in quality. There are plenty of plants that are exceptional in quality that can pop nanners/nuts in late flower. If the plant is killer I would pick off any nuts especially when it's a personal grow with under 6 plants. At least you will have meds while you reset with a new run of something else.

I just popped 6 Sowahh.. I got 3 males, and 1 female with no issues at 44 days . 2 not what I liked culled. The 3 males were flowered and pollen was collected. The males were all similar no variation between them. 1 of the males was posted a few pages back. Open Collection from all..

DSCN7922[1].JPG

Last edited:

Top buzzer

Sd bx and road dawg been grown by 100's of people without problems. Threw the years.
I've read many post's years ago road dawg herms , (can still find it if you google karmas roaddawg hermies). yes 100s of people grow them out and claim no issues , not everyone even checks for male parts through out the grow, im not binning the flowering plants. They dont even look pollinated yet and are too early for harvest week 7. I'm just killing the mothers held back and the extra packs of seeds ( i bought multiple) , i cant find the sour d Hermie post but definitely seen it and thought its well known the sour d and headbanger has hermie traits show up , but your working the line and its not getting rid of the issue. , I'm finding loads of people saying other ones hermie , sherb biker , bon bons to name a couple. my plants wasn't stressed and looked perfect , anyway plants should be getting stress tested for hermies and the culled, dropping loads of different seed's each year with out testing correctly seems to be far too normal and its becoming a shitshow.

Top buzzer

It doesn't matter what we grow as all carry that trait to some degree. As long as the seeds get tested and no issues are present there isn't anything else that could be done. That is the best any can do with the gene pool we have. This doesn't mean someone someday won't find some herm issues. It's just not possible to give anyone a 100% guarantee.

Using our best judgment about culling/Keeping would depend on what the plant is showing in quality. There are plenty of plants that are exceptional in quality that can pop nanners/nuts in late flower. If the plant is killer I would pick off any nuts especially when it's a personal grow with under 6 plants. At least you will have meds while you reset with a new run of something else.

I'm sorry i cant agree, doesn't matter how killer the plant is if its seeding out its no good , nobody should be that desperate, yes this is my little tester tent , next to a larger area that is luckily is coming down anyway. anyway its part of the game , 'tested' well not by my standards haha

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I had D kush before from KG at the end of flower or small stress it will always put few nanners here and there. But never had any seed in it.

It was strongest smelling,most flavourfull and most potent cutting I had in lifetime.
Sadly lose it before few years.
😉

GreenamI

Some of the sour bikers are now showing hermie traits, no fault other then genetics, seen this before ith Road dawg and sour d bx2 , the loss hits hard when you needing it as meds , killing the mums off and binning the other packs of seeds. I don't have time for this if I can help it .
I've been going trough quite a few karma packs, and only once had a hermie trait on a single headbanger, interestingly enough never in the SD itself, but in packs from other breeders, I find it very common these days unfortunately

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry i cant agree, doesn't matter how killer the plant is if its seeding out its no good , nobody should be that desperate, yes this is my little tester tent , next to a larger area that is luckily is coming down anyway. anyway its part of the game , 'tested' well not by my standards haha
If the plant is already seeded you didn't do your normal plant inspections. Inspection is a must no matter what we grow. I inspect 20 plants well every day. The only thing that matters is quality not if it has a few nuts in late flower. Has zero to do with desperation lol. Ive been growing using Karma's work for decades with no issues with any of his seeds in my garden. It doesn't matter whose seeds you grow. If you grow enough of them you will find some herms. If you think culling is what best have at it.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've read many post's years ago road dawg herms , (can still find it if you google karmas roaddawg hermies). yes 100s of people grow them out and claim no issues , not everyone even checks for male parts through out the grow, im not binning the flowering plants. They dont even look pollinated yet and are too early for harvest week 7. I'm just killing the mothers held back and the extra packs of seeds ( i bought multiple) , i cant find the sour d Hermie post but definitely seen it and thought its well known the sour d and headbanger has hermie traits show up , but your working the line and its not getting rid of the issue. , I'm finding loads of people saying other ones hermie , sherb biker , bon bons to name a couple. my plants wasn't stressed and looked perfect , anyway plants should be getting stress tested for hermies and the culled, dropping loads of different seed's each year with out testing correctly seems to be far too normal and its becoming a shitshow.
Few do as much testing as Karma. I can personally attest to this having been a tester for him for over 10 years. He has chosen to release and not release many strains in that time. I understand youre bummed. But Karma has a reputation of quality and consistency for a reason.

Sour biker is pretty new hasnt been grown much by people yet apart from the test grows, those didnt show any real problems.

But all chem and sour genes do have that trait in the genepool. So yes defantly in the genetics but most times do need some stressors during sexing stage tho trigger as seed plant.

When you need it as meds i wouldnt have killed those of myself, and would have taken the hassle of picking those of and check closly if return.

Always a pitty for time and money spend.
I also can confirm no her my problems with sour biker..... Do you will ever RE release bear og f4 aka karma og?

Top buzzer

No light leaks tents in a dark room , no stress what so ever, I've been growing bud the same way for 20 years , never have any issues . E.c at 1.6 maximum , run off is the same or 1.8, ph 5.8 . I allow dry backs , hand watered in coco, temps 25degree. Humidity 50. I guess people should run sour biker coz it's only me with seeded sour biker, Last photo is the first seed I found , next to a ball sack. the more i look the worse this situation is getting, i cant use this as meds because its focusing on making seeds now and not making quality bud, happens to me a lot with karmas stuff , i forgot the batch of mochiesel hermied and i killed at week 2 flower some years ago, so thats road dawg , mochiesel , sour d bx2 , sour biker . all hermied. first time complaining also.

Attachments

• 20230807_212637.jpg
    20230807_212637.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
  • 20230807_212112.jpg
    20230807_212112.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts