What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Sour A5 Haze - Testers

B

bench warmer

:bump:
Hope your doing well B. Did one of those plants make you install double deadbolts, window bars and change your name? I’ve heard the powerful hazes can do this to some people.
:biggrin:

Bmac1

Veteran
Hey guys, still kicking over here. I will get these reports wrapped up here but have not been smoking a lot since being sick. I have sampled them all and they are well cured by now. No instant keeper status but I do plan to keep one for at least 1 more run. The high is similar on all of them in that it is clear and energetic. Real bounce in the step weed. Nothing too noteworthy on the flavor either but the one I will keep, which was the front left plant, has developed a bit of haze and pissy notes that I am actually really digging, lol.

I hope you all are well.

nickman

Veteran
Sounds good B...!!!... it’s always better to get to know the strain a bit more maybe by waiting to do smoke reports and all that after the weed has cured a little at least...!!!... “if even possible sometimes”...!!!...

Hope you get to feeling better too ...!!!...

Bmac1

Veteran
What happened to bench?

I know these are well overdue for reports but they are well cured and ready to go.

This is the #2 plant. The one that Karma had noted early on as an A5 leaner. While growing she had notes of something metallic as well as what I am picking up as a bit of menthol. This has translated to the taste as well but there is also something else that I am struggling to identify. It's a sweetness but not like berry or fruity. Almost like sweet onion kind of.

The flavor is not very intense at all but the high is nice and very similar across all the plants. Hits behind the eyes but doesnt make the eyes super heavy. It stays in the head, remains clear and has decent legs to it. Doesnt weigh you down at all and puts a bounce in the step. Though I'm sure this would be dependent on how much you have. No anxiety inducing sweats etc which I am just fine with.

One thing that did stick out while smoking this yesterday was appetite. I am not 100% sure if it was this weed or just an above average day for hunger but I felt like a bottomless pit yesterday.

I do have this one backed up still but not sure if she will get another run.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure what happened to bench. That makes me sad. Lazy Lightning is under the clone dome...

:respect:

dank.Frank

Bmac1

Veteran
That's good news on LL Frank. Killing it with your testers too.

Here is plant #7, aka front left. Had great structure and yielded well with decent density. This one has some of that metallic smell and taste like the #2 plant. This one however is accompanied by hazy, grassy, piss like notes.

The high is also very similar in that it is very cerebral, all head and no body. Getting shit done is definitely doable, lol. That being said, the onset of the high on this one is a little more intense but it rounds out quickly.

With how alike the high is on both 2 and 7, I do slightly prefer the aroma and taste of this one so she may be run again as it was only these 2 that rooted.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Hey buddy, how’s it going???

Staying safe I hope and away from that bullshit Coronavirus thing...!!!...

Nice little smoke report...!!!... I do like the looks of the #7 a bit more than the #2...!!!...

:tiphat: Be safe brother. . .

Bmac1

Veteran
Hey Nickman, doing well here thanks and I hope the same for you and yours. Just dealing with the self isolation as most of us are. I am still working from home for now thankfully.

As for staying away from this shit, I am doing my part but I am also thinking that I may have dealt with this in early January. I dont recall ever being so sick and for so long and the experience is much like the symptoms we hear for covid 19. Was about 6 weeks before I finally shook the cough.

Cant be certain though so I am staying home, washing my hands excessively and trying not to touch my face, lol.

Stay safe.

nickman

Veteran
Yeah I remember u saying u weren’t feeling well...!!!....

I unfortunately have a bad habit of touching my face a lot throughout the day...!!!...
I’m doing my best ...

Stay safe bro...

Bmac1

Veteran
Here is #8 which was the back right plant. The back two plants, this one and #1 were lookers and the most sour leaning in my opinion.

Decent density again and on breaking up a nug I get a sour milk type of creaminess with a bit of permanent marker. That sweet onion thing is there as well but just slightly. The taste is much the same.

The high is pretty instant and you feel it behind the eyes and it is very heady like the others. It does settle in with much more body than the #2 and #7. Doesnt put me to sleep but the couch feels just right, lol. It's a pretty well balanced high for the head and the body. Lasts a good while too.

Dont have this one backed up unfortunately. She would have deserved another run.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Since the review above, I have cleaned out that jar of #8. I really like that weed, lol. It is so well balanced and strong in both the head and the body. Really unfortunate that this one didnt root. It would have been a likely candidate for keeper of the pack.

Here is the #1 plant. She is about identical in aroma and flavor to #8 but the buds are a bit less dense, more branchy and spear shaped. The high is not as well balanced as the #8 but still quite nice. It doesnt have the same body effect but makes the head feel good and lasts a decent while too.

This leaves #3 plant left to review. This will happen today or tomorrow to wrap this up.

I got a new mix going yesterday and am going to plan a run since I'm stuck at home.

The soil from these pots as well as the leaf litter from the crop was all turned back into the soil that was left over from a previous run and wetted down. This soil is a couple years old now and has been reammended once. I loaded it into a 25g tote that I made a SIP out of. I may do a 1 or 2 plant scrog and get 1 or 2 plants out on the deck in the new mix.

picture.php

picture.php

og.naj

Mmmmm these sour milk, oignons terps!! Your bud looks awesome too, we can clearly see the SD influence in the bud structure. Nice job :tiphat:

Just cross my Neville Haze with the KGSDbx2 and i think I'm going to get pretty close to these terpenes too

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks og.naj.

I saw your Neville's thread and that plant looks fantastic so I am sure your cross will have many nice plants too.

og.naj

Thanks og.naj.

I saw your Neville's thread and that plant looks fantastic so I am sure your cross will have many nice plants too.

Thanks man:tiphat:, i have a strong incence smell when i burn the NH, not really when i smell the buds in the jar but come out like crazy when i light a spliff. Have you this church incence smell too in the SourA5?

Bmac1

Veteran
No, there hasn't been any of that in these plants. The #7 has some of that hazy, grassy, piss like notes but no incense.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by siskiyou. I am doing well thanks, just soldiering through these strange times.

I hope you and your garden are doing well.

Bmac1

Veteran
3rd attempt at a god da%# post.

This is the #3 plant, aka middle left with the huge cola.

On the bust up, it is pretty fragrant with the creamy, sour milk, sweet onion thing but there is something floral, lavender maybe. Unfortunately this doesnt translate to the taste as it was pretty bland.

The high is nice though and lasts a decent while. It is heady and energetic with little body effect. More get shit done weed.

That's a wrap on this one and thanks again to Karma for the beans.

#8 would have had keeper potential if it had rooted. #2 and #7 are backed up and at least one of them will get another run. Though I didnt find exactly what I was looking for in this pack, there were good plants and some great highs. Cant go wrong with any of Karmas gear.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts