What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kapernick posts from funny pic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Water-

G `day X

This guy is one of the few US military heroes I can respect .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson,_Jr.

The glorification of soldiers doing the bidding of imperialists is hollow .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

have you heard of Smedley Butler?

he was a good one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a United States Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized at that time, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars, and France in World War I. Butler later became an outspoken critic of U.S. wars and their consequences, as well as exposing the Business Plot, an alleged plan to overthrow the U.S. government.

By the end of his career, Butler had received 16 medals, five for heroism. He is one of 19 men to receive the Medal of Honor twice, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal (along with Wendell Neville and David Porter) and the Medal of Honor, and the only Marine to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

In 1933, he became involved in a controversy known as the Business Plot, when he told a congressional committee that a group of wealthy industrialists were planning a military coup to overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt, with Butler selected to lead a march of veterans to become dictator, similar to other Fascist regimes at that time. The individuals involved all denied the existence of a plot and the media ridiculed the allegations. But a final report by a special House of Representatives Committee confirmed some of Butler's testimony.

In 1935, Butler wrote a book titled War Is a Racket, where he described and criticized the workings of the United States in its foreign actions and wars, such as those he was a part of, including the American corporations and other imperialist motivations behind them. After retiring from service, he became a popular activist, speaking at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists, and church groups in the 1930s.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day W

Repent .
For hell hath a special place for people like him .

Waging war on peasants and guerrillas in sovereign countries .
Take a knee . lol .

I can remember the day US regime change came to Australia . I was only a boy . But I still resent it .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Two Long-Standing American Traditions: Committing War Crimes & Ignoring International Law
by RS AHTHION FacebookTwitterGoogle+RedditEmail

The United States threatened Monday to arrest and prosecute judges and officials of the International Criminal Court if it moves to charge any American convicted of war crimes in Afghanistan.(2)

The United States (and it’s vassal states that make up NATO) has long shifted to a permanent war doctrine. Under the guise of fighting “communism” then “terrorism” or “the war on drugs” it has militarised every part of the globe.

Were it not for the “war on drugs” they’d be no reason for US destroyers to be sailing up and down South American rivers (even while Afghanistan heroin production sky rockets under US occupation).

Were it not for the “war on communism” the US wouldn’t have been funnelling millions in arms and weapons to the Muhjadeen (who would later morph into Al Qaeda) and Osama Bin Laden in the 1980s.

Were it not for the “war on terror” there would be no reason for the US to invade and occupy countries in the Middle East. (Ironically enough, the US is on the side of the jihadists in Syria against a secular and inclusive government whilst fighting them across the border in Iraq.)

Preventing Americans who have committed crimes against humanity are actually codified into US law with the American Service-Members’ Protection Act (nick-named the “Hague Invasion Act” as it would involve invading the Hague in the Netherlands).(3)

It is incredible that the United States plans to invade Europe should an American servicemen be called before an International Court for war crimes or crimes against humanity.

Now people may think the American people would be against this. That they would be for the prosecution of American soldiers. That surely if American soldiers were guilty of crimes against humanity they would be for the prosecution of those.

However it’s worth remembering Hugh Thompson bravely stood between a murderous platoon of US troops who brutally murdered 500 vietnamese civilians (mostly women and children). When Hugh Thompson returned home he was vilified by the American public.

“I’d received death threats over the phone…Dead animals on your porch, mutilated animals on your porch some mornings when you get up.”

– Hugh Thompson

The United States contempt for international law is neither new nor an aberration but a long standing tradition between both democrats and republicans in the United States.

In another stunning example of human rights abuse by the United States is the case of Khaled El-Masri. Who happened to have the misfortune of having the same name as a terror suspect. He was subsequently kidnapped, flown to Afghanistan and was tortured and sodomosied.(4)

“Masri’s treatment at Skopje airport at the hands of the CIA rendition team — being severely beaten, sodomised, shackled and hooded, and subjected to total sensory deprivation — had been carried out in the presence of state officials of [Macedonia] and within its jurisdiction,” the European Court of Human Rights ruled. (Idid.)

When the International Court of Justice ruled against the United States in 1986 in favour of Nicaragua and found the United States was guilty of many international laws and human rights violations it simply upped and walked away from the court. (5)

The US benches were empty when the court announced its decision. Among the Nicaraguan delegates was the Foreign Minister, Father Miguel d’Escoto, who said he hoped that the verdict would help the Americans to re-evaluate their position and stop defying the law and the court.

Dutch legal experts argue that the decision is legally binding on the US, despite the American refusal to recognise the court’s jurisdiction. One said: ‘The USA has always recognised the ICJ. It should have changed its position earlier if it wanted to duck the court in this case.

‘It is a well-known principle of international law that, if a country submits to the jurisdiction of a court, it cannot sidestep the court after the judges have started their work,’ a professor of international law at Amsterdam University said. (Ibid.)

In 2002 the psychopathic Washington regime and a familiar moustached face (John Bolton) issued a threat to the head of Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, Jose Bustani. In 2001 Colin Powell had sent him a letter thanking him for his progressive work but by 2002 the Washington Regime had wanted him out. Why exactly? Negotiating with Saddam Hussein’s Iraq to allow OPCW weapons inspectors to make unannounced visits to that country — thereby undermining Washington’s rationale for regime change.(6)

“Cheney wants you out,” Bustani recalled Bolton saying, referring to the then-vice president of the United States. “We can’t accept your management style.”

Bolton continued, according to Bustani’s recollections: “You have 24 hours to leave the organization, and if you don’t comply with this decision by Washington, we have ways to retaliate against you.”

There was a pause.

“We know where your kids live. You have two sons in New York.”-Ibid

Bustani was ousted from his position 16 years ago despite having done so much to prevent conflict and chemical weapons useage. The flagrant disregard for human rights, the willingness to use rape on detained suspects and the utter contempt for rule of law by the United States shows it for the rogue state that it is.

The one silver lining is that the ICC has stood firm and will continue to investigate war crimes in Afghanistan (which is a member to the ICC).

“Bolton’s added bellicose language that ICC judges and prosecutors face possible prosecution in the US is a distressing extension of the Trump administration’s attack on the judiciary — both domestic and now international.

“The ICC was created for the noble purpose of ending impunity for perpetrators of the most heinous crimes, including genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, when nations are unwilling or unable to prosecute.”(7)

One can hope that some of the perpetrators of crimes against humanity will end up in a dock in the Hague. But more likely we will see some more of that “American exceptionalism” they love to bang on about.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/0...itting-war-crimes-ignoring-international-law/

W

Water-

G `day W

Repent .
For hell hath a special place for people like him .

Waging war on peasants and guerrillas in sovereign countries .
Take a knee . lol .

I can remember the day US regime change came to Australia . I was only a boy . But I still resent it .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hell, for Smedley Butler?

try reading it past the first sentence

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Hell, for Smedley Butler?

try reading it past the first sentence

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a United States Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized

he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars,

G `day Water

Banana Wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Wars

So he killed a load of people , then saw the error of his ways .
Maybe he could just go to purgatory for an eternity and have his soul cleansed before he is ready for the pearly gates ?

Because he pointed the finger after he had achieved the highest rank in the US military he`s absolved ? How many people would you estimate he was responsible for the deaths of friend and foe alike prior to his epiphany ?

If there was gonna be coup . He knew he was gonna be out of a job . Why not be the whistle blower ?
Then when that back fires damn them and their methodologies .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I

Ignignokt

These people make it seem like taking a knee in protest to something (to try to get the issue recognition) is the same as gangs of masked terrorists dancing around stomping on a burning a flag and DJT effigy.

CaptainDankness

I don't really care, but kneeling for the national anthem is pretty stupid and I honestly have no idea what they are protesting. I'm sure I heard why, just didn't give a shit.

dddaver

Veteran
I do think this has become a troll thread. This is the one and only time I will post, or read, this.

Civilians protesting police violence is one thing, soldiering is completely another. The soldier swears to do ANYTHING his superiors order. ANYTHING. He has absolutely no political agenda.

If Smedley got a case of guilts later on in his life, that was HIS problem. The issues aren't even comparable nor even related at all.

I think CK is being more patriotic than most doing what he did. Not even comparable to soldering where they swear to follow orders. Totally politically driven.

I only think CK sold out to corporate America after they took his livelihood and he was forced to.

I support his conspiracy suit against the owners too. It definitely has merit. They shot themselves in the foot. He had to pay his bills somehow.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BLM is all based on a lie. That white cops want to kill black guys. There will always be some bad cops but most of them just want to do their jobs. The liberal news media instigated BLM starting at Ferguson. Which led to 3 cities being looted or burned or rioting.

Criminals with guns will always get shot when they act real stupid. I really don't care what color they are. People out to instigate racial strife like CNN use these incidents.

W

Water-

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a United States Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized

he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars,

G `day Water

Banana Wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Wars

So he killed a load of people , then saw the error of his ways .
Maybe he could just go to purgatory for an eternity and have his soul cleansed before he is ready for the pearly gates ?

Because he pointed the finger after he had achieved the highest rank in the US military he`s absolved ? How many people would you estimate he was responsible for the deaths of friend and foe alike prior to his epiphany ?

If there was gonna be coup . He knew he was gonna be out of a job . Why not be the whistle blower ?
Then when that back fires damn them and their methodologies .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

So from your perspective a person is wasting their time learning from their errors and then going on to try and make the world a better place for all?

they are condemed for life for their sins against god and are going to "hell"?

You must have been born perfect.

perfectly self rightious

G'day mate
thanks for sharin :tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
BLM is all based on a lie. That white cops want to kill black guys. There will always be some bad cops but most of them just want to do their jobs. The liberal news media instigated BLM starting at Ferguson. Which led to 3 cities being looted or burned or rioting.

Criminals with guns will always get shot when they act real stupid. I really don't care what color they are. People out to instigate racial strife like CNN use these incidents.

now, please explain all of the UNARMED people (of various colors) that get shot. refusing to obey a police officer DOES NOT carry the death penalty in ANY state...:moon:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yeah nike the poster child for shit working conditions very cheap overseas labor and making the most profits in any manner

The American Dream.

I don't think that its a troll thread...

To have a proper debate its good to have opposing sides state their case for or against a certain topic and argue that point.

We are never going to agree on everything and as the debate unfolds hopefully we all learn a little more about the subject.....which is good.

So long as it doesn't end up as a profanity/flaming contest by members against other members.........say your piece.

I've yet to see vta post anything beyond trolling.

Like said before, his posts are to divide.

I am surprised he hasn't brought Hillary into this.

Yet.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just because someone takes up a rival argument to what you or I may believe......does not make him/her a troll. He is opening a discussion that perhaps needs a conversation to air both sides of the debate, and we can all learn from that as the debate unfolds, ...well that's how I see it.

....and since this topic about kneeling to the flag is within current affairs - I half expected to see it mentioned in The Tokers Den sooner or later.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well, you can call it what you like.....I call it a conversation on a forum site, and several members have been, and maybe still are discussing this particular topic, none of them children so far as I can make out.

If it is as you say 'instigating', then what is it instigating?.....a discussion?, since that's what we appear to have going on here....So vta instigates discussions.

instigating is not discussing...unless your'e a child

vta

Veteran
I didn't start this thread. My post was taken from the Funny Pic thread and used to start this one by Admin.

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
OK own up, which Admin/Mod did 'The Instigation?' and moved vta's picture here from The Funny Pictures thread?......because this is the instigation - inquisition...lol

<it wasn't me honestly>

theJointedOne

Veteran
Well, you can call it what you like.....I call it a conversation on a forum site, and several members have been, and maybe still are discussing this particular topic, none of them children so far as I can make out.

If it is as you say 'instigating', then what is it instigating?.....a discussion?, since that's what we appear to have going on here....So vta instigates discussions.

It's a tactic that has been spread by r/thedonald , nothing new really, but they are dam good at it. Why do you think they embrace using the word 'triggered' ect...pushing buttons is there new tech..its simple phycological tactics..some bullshi& if you ask me

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
oh right.....all roads lead to THE POTUS, even the mention of him gets you all 'triggered' (if that's the word in vogue?)..

I always thought old chap that discussing your differences with others and trying to work them out via debates around the topics you seem to clash on - should be a good thing for all involved.

Where we seem to have got here is having a discussion about having discussions.......to debate or not to debate, to argue or not to argue whats on your mind, whatever that may be.

It's a tactic that has been spread by r/thedonald , nothing new really, but they are dam good at it. Why do you think they embrace using the word 'triggered' ect...pushing buttons is there new tech..its simple phycological tactics..some bullshi& if you ask me

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just because someone takes up a rival argument to what you or I may believe......does not make him/her a troll. He is opening a discussion that perhaps needs a conversation to air both sides of the debate, and we can all learn from that as the debate unfolds, ...well that's how I see it.

....and since this topic about kneeling to the flag is within current affairs - I half expected to see it mentioned in The Tokers Den sooner or later.

I would refer you to Statute 98.2.31.

That is, takes one to know one.

There is a bridge not far from here I charge a levy to cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts