What's new

Kali Mist Grow Journal

|FCG|Frank

Day 51

We're moving into the 8th week of vegging. :-/ Taking forever.

I took out the plants of the tent for a res change and frankly, until I had taken this picture, I had not realized how big they had gotten. You lose perspective when you watch as they grow every day.

day51.jpg

day51f.jpg

I changed the res because some leaves were showing deficiencies and I don't know why (PPM, pH, water temp, rH, ambient temp are all normal)

day51b.jpg

day51c.jpg

day51d.jpg

All new growth looks fine, the problem appeared to be in the lower leaves only. Since I wasn't sure I just switched the entire res and added fresh calmg + fresh nutes.

99% of the leaves are fine. Could this be damage in the past that is now fixed but the damages were permanent?

|FCG|Frank

Just to help with troubleshooting, these values are maintained 24/7:

Res temp: 68F
pH: 5.8
PPM: 800-900ppm
rH: 60%
Ambient temp: 85F
CO2: 1350ppm

FYI this has been there for 2 weeks or so, I just didn't notice in full details until I got the plants out of the tent and under white daylight.

|FCG|Frank

53% of the squares have a head coming out of it, I am flipping to 12/12 tomorrow, FINALLY :)

The first six weeks the plants were at 85F 24/7, the past two weeks at 87F, and I'll be maintaining 90F day temps in two weeks from now (75F at night).

|FCG|Frank

I flipped to 12/12 and I've added the second light in the tent, so now two SS400W are running (total wattage: 630w). So essentially my two LED are the equivalent of a 600HPS in output, though they lack the same penetration. Which is why I went with scrog.

I'm surprised but my 1/10 hp chiller is enough to cool all of this.

lovely pics

lovely pics

man, ure photography is next level.

Herbs look lovely. I flipped mine beginning of week, couldnt stand the wait any longer, lol. Gonna watch this thread carefully, as pics are top, and pistils are on their way!!:dance013:

Sorry cant help with the problems u mentioned, but I do hope its in the past, as they look real nice from what i can see.

Good luck m8.

Socrates

Do you mind my asking how much the two solar storms set you back? One for each of those Kalis is going to be quite impressive.

Socrates

They look super happy, and $600 each is not as bad as I was expecting. Do you have any shots of the tent with both of those lights in there?

|FCG|Frank

Res change complete, and with my newly devised method, it took less than 15 minutes to do it all. Woot. I had to remove the second light because my 1/10 chiller was getting too stressed. It did the job, but it ran too much, so I'm getting a 1/4hp to palliate this problem, but I won't have it before another 3 weeks.

By the way, if you are a new grower and use Advanced Nutrients nutrients or additives, do not trust the indications. A half dose of just the basic bloom nutes (connoisseur A+B in my case) brought my PPM to the 900 range. Obviously a full dose is ridiculously over the top, I don't even understand why they write this. A new grower without a PPM meter, if he followed the directions on the bottle to the letter, would completely burn and kill his plants. If you can't even trust the frickin' manufacturer's own label, there is a problem. Of course I knew this prior to using them because I had done my research and every forums warn potential users of this, but you shouldn't have to read forums to get appropriate guidance.

Their "pH" perfect formula though is pretty neat.

A week in bloom and they are growing like crazy. My screen is completely filled now (I'm leaving some room on the right for when I'll need a dehumidifier).

As soon as pistils show up I'll take pictures.

Hopefully my fem seeds don't give me a male. That'd be catastrophic.

|FCG|Frank

They grow so fast it's hard to keep track. Do you see these two new baby growths? The on e on the left was invisible to the naked eye 20 hours ago, the one to the right was a minuscule blip.

_IGP8681.jpg

I've seen faster growth ever since I upped temperature to 90F.

Gwitthetree

Me and you flipped to 12/12 the same day so im sure to keep watchin this to compare progress mine are lookin pretty close to the same and yup pistils poppin all over. Nice plants dude.

xeno83

*bump* Kali Mist. I have 2 KM seedlings atm, about a week old, along with Lemon Alien Dawg and Moonwalker OG. I am curious to watch your KM's. Although I will be using coco for my medium.