What's new

Kali Mist Grow Journal

|FCG|Frank

You can see harvest and yield statistics in this post

Hey guys! This is my first grow. It's Serious Seed Kali Mist.

Hardware for those who care
Strain: Serious Seed Kali Mist (Fem)
Tent: 2x4x7’
Light: Two Solarstorm 400W (305w actual draw per light, 610w total + UVB)
Air Pump: General Hydroponics 320GPH, 20l/min
Medium: DWC 20 gal homemade res
Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients, complete line (Sensi Grow AB for veg, Connoisseur AB for bloom)
Humidifier: Air-o-Swiss AOS-7135
Dehumidifier: Delonghi DICODD50P-285243
CO2 Controller: Sentinel CHHC-4
Tank regulator: Sentinel CO2 Regulator
Airflow: Two Vornado 12” vortex fans at speed 1
Chiller: JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP set at 65°F ==> stupid mistake, should have gotten 1/4 or 1/2 hp
Reservoir: General Hydroponics Covert Tank 33 gal.
DWC Chilling: stainless steel 12” CoolCoil
Tubing: ½” ID Nylon braided tubing
AC: Icebox 6”
Fan: Can-Fan Can-Max 6” HO Speed Adjustable (set on 2)
Phresh Filter 6" carbon filter

|FCG|Frank

_IGP8208.jpg

_IGP8209.jpg

_IGP8207.jpg

_IGP8192.jpg

_IGP8199.jpg

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Good luck with the grow. I know the old. pre 98 Kali Mist was some might fine smoke. Have heard mixed reviews on their newer stuff.
Will be interesting to see how well your icebox works. I had 2 coupled with 6inch vortex fans pushing air from a 1K each being provided water flow with a 1/2hp chiller and large pump inside a 96 gallon tank. Didn't work. Then tried a 35 gallon tank and it wouldn't stay cold either. I do know of a grower that used the 8inch iceboxes but use a 1hp window mount chiller with good results. Guess they need a larger chiller than they claim.

|FCG|Frank

I'm on Day 12 now and the icebox is working wonderfully well!

I'll see how it fares when I have both 400W lights on. I only have a 1/10 hp chiller now, I might have to upgrade to a 1/4, but it'll work for sure :)

resinryder

Veteran
Glad to hear it's working for ya. Upgrade it to at least a 1/2 hp. Just incase you ever decide to jump up to a 600w.

|FCG|Frank

It's just really expensive and If I had known what I know now I would have abstained on the CO2 stuff. Now that I have it it's nice but it felt like overkill.

It's pretty cool to have automated temp controls though. I never have to worry about it. This is a major plus.

resinryder

Veteran
No need to really turn your CO2 on until you get past the stretch in bloom. Usually somewhere around week 3 or 4 is when I start mine. Does make a difference as long as you keep it in the tent and not leaving with the airflow, lol

|FCG|Frank

The tent is fully sealed thank god, which is why I had to get the icebox to cool it. Without CO2 I would just have used active cooling.

|FCG|Frank

I finally installed my light rail today!

I got it last week but I dreaded installing it since I feared it might be complex. Turns out it was ridiculously easy. Cost about 25$ in parts at Home Depot and took maybe 20 minutes to install. I included pics on how I mounted it in case anyone is interested.

lightmovera.jpg

lightmoverb.jpg

lightmoverc.jpg

lightmoverd.jpg

This was an impulse purchase one night while I was vaped and reading Ed Rosenthal's book. Here's the chapter on Light Movers:

lightmover2.jpg

Who knows if a light rail really can increase yield by 10-20%. I figured for the cost involved it was worth trying. Plus, if the department of botany science at Oaksterdam thought the book was good enough to be a textbook, it's a good endorsement.

I highly recommend the book

I bought the rail directly from the manufacturer at www.lightrail3.com

I sent them a simple e-mail and included my contact information, a rep called me within a few hours to answer my one question directly. After placing my order, it shipped the next business day and arrived well packaged in pristine condition. A+ customer service from the folks Gualala Robotics!

|FCG|Frank

Will be interesting to see how well your icebox works. I had 2 coupled with 6inch vortex fans pushing air from a 1K each being provided water flow with a 1/2hp chiller and large pump inside a 96 gallon tank. Didn't work. Then tried a 35 gallon tank and it wouldn't stay cold either. I do know of a grower that used the 8inch iceboxes but use a 1hp window mount chiller with good results. Guess they need a larger chiller than they claim.

Do you remember the name of the chiller (the brand)?

|FCG|Frank

I made a few changes to the grow area.
I upgraded to a bigger res (20 gal.)
I put the air pump outside the tent so not to pump the res full of CO2
Adjusted ambient temp to 85F
Raised lights to 21" above canopy (from 18")
EC is at 1.8 now
rH at 63%
Water in DWC res has been at 68F since Day 1 (pH at 5.8)
I had to add CalMg to my res (I use RO water) to address what looked like a Ca deficiency

Day 17
day17c.jpg

Day 19
day19.jpg

Day 21
day20.jpg

Day 23
day23.jpg

day23b.jpg

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Always wanted to do the Kali Mist... subbed! Nice lookin garden man, real clean! The FIM looks like you may have taken off just a bit too much, but your lady will still react to a topping either way ;) Much love, cant wait for some nuggets! :tree: SL

Latest posts

Latest posts