What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China Smoke Report Thread

Ravel

I combed through the Kali China Sticky and compiled all of the smoke reports, large, small, good, bad. Hopefully this saves time for those who are only looking for smoke reports. You're all more than welcome to add your own reports to this list, or for that matter anything Kali China related. Enjoy!

Pages 1-10

dubi:

It's a compact and fast flowering plant of indica behavior, which flowers produce a unique and complex aroma, and a refined tropical sativa effect.

Like in 'haute cuisine', Kali China stimulates very different organoleptic areas, making this strain a delightful experience of the highest gastronomic level.

Its effect stands out because of its complexity and sativa nature. Surprising traits for a plant of only 45-55 days of flowering time, that is easy to cultivate indoors without height problems.

BOUQUET: Mango juice, sweet cream, incense, hash, grill meat and oriental spices.

EFFECT: Powerful, psychedelic and sensorial effect of SE asian sativa, with a relaxed, introspective and meditative development.

This selected female also had an incredible tropical sativa effect that starts like a refined thai, deriving towards a more calm, meditative and introspective chinese effect.

mayan:

So I'm starting to get to know this plant in an -um- more intimate fashion. The more knowledge I gain, the more impressed I become. It seems to me that some hybrids muddy the best qualities of the parents whereas there are other hybrids which take on the best traits of the parents and these different qualities arrive in different phases of the experience...this strain is the latter, in my experience.

Tried it this morning for a wake and bake and all I can say was that the first part of the experience was filled with these frissons of electric current running through my body. Electric - but not at all with anxiety. More with the joy and delight of electricity. Currents of bliss. After a fashion, the head comes on and the electricity yields to a very profound, deep and relaxed state. Relaxed but not lethargic at all - things can get done. I know! I did them!!...OTOH, it is quite possible to consider an object in its entirety only to realize that 10 minutes have passed. Quite powerful in all regards. As I go deeper into my experience with her, I hope to write more.

Scentwise - again she's complex - she's been in a jar since February - so it's a long cure. Hard to explain...creamy, fruity in a way but not that citric at this point...certainly not lemony...orange and melon perhaps. And some darker tones...musk, perhaps. Not wild like some plants that smell like rain forest but neither is it hashy. Absolutely lovely whatever it is.

Yep...very much recommend.

Claude Hopper:

I tried to kill my first Kali China. Bad conditions, wacked soil and then 2 weeks of in-attendance.

I just tried my first samples last night and I am in love with this herb.

Like everyone, I have a hard time describing the smell. The taste is savory in a hazey kind of way. Very nice taste and very powerful smoke, the kind you offer up in praise of the gods.

Wonderful.

I simply have to have some of these seeds stashed away!

Baron Greenback:

Just took one down, just about dried now. Ridiculous resin production, they were practically white :)
She smells lovely, I usually get citron notes and so find it really hard to describe smells (the taste (unlit) is very citrussy, but I also got a bit of a sloe gin smell (that might be quite an English thing though)).
Initial impressions were that dubi might be on a wrong 'un here, in a doobie I was a little underwhelmed. In the interests of science, I then tried some in my Volcano - it was a case of whoa there Nellie, that's strong!
3 balloons and I was in that wonderful place that Ace stuff takes me.
Another triumph dubi, fully recommend this to anyone and can't wait to see her huge outside next year :)

rlsmooth:

Smoked this for the first time. Very unique effect, can't be found from the typical Netherlands-hybrids they usually grow around here. Very relaxed and deep state of mind, not exactly couchlock kind of high but still not very much urge to do anything either.. :D It grew in organic soil, after couple weeks of cure the taste reminds me of some kind of fruit, orangeish maybe, overall very smooth taste. Thanks to the breeder! :)

farmerlion:

Hello everybody, I was hoping to get a smoke report back from a tester I met with over the weekend. It goes something like this.
Tester did you get a chance to try the kali China?
Yes I did. How was it? I smoked four bowls.
Again I asked, How was It? Tester, I don't know I smoked four bowls!
So I'm sorry for the lack of a report but he loved smoking Kali China. I suggested to him that next time stop after one bowl.
I wish you all a great week! Peace

Topkarantekatre:

Easy to grow hybrid! nice potent effect (even if i prefer
the crazyness of the Zamal or the clarity of Punto Rojo), BUT
her strenght is undoubtedly the flavor. Great terpenes
profile, very pleasant for vaporizing, powerful in mouth
when combusted : all my friends love it and were surprised
to discover such great new flavors, far from well known
boring hybrids we got over here!!

48N:

I grew one fem in the past and was very satisfied, sweet sugary Mandarine, no typical cannabis flavour, the Mandarine sweetness was overpowering everything, didn't smell like cannabis at all (after 3 month cure), very juicy, when you opened the jar you could smell the sugar
People who don't really know cannabis were amazed by the smell, some couldn't believe
In the first half hour you feel the magic of the Kali mist (not racy just magic and bliss) then more relaxed effects, but not like an indica, not couch-lock although you could just sit inside the couch
It's not activating but also doesn't make you passive
For me it's neither an indica or sativa, it's something new inbetween ;)
very balanced, most balanced strain I grew so far
Pretty clear same time relaxed, also medicinal properties, a friend of mine also commented this by himself without me telling him about it

Claude Hopper:

Somebody ought to be entering Kali China in cannabis cups. The smoke is that good. It isn't the piercingly clear high and it isn't a lifeless narcotic ticket to the couch. Kali China surprised me with her stoney haziness. Her smoke, with that exhale of incense, reminds me of her lineage down from the great Kali Mist.

This is the second Kali China I have grown. This one is a different pheno, a couple weeks faster in flowering and a much different growth habit. But the early sample I just tasted is just like the precious bits remaining in my jar of the first in taste and high. It is simply fantastic weed.

I'm going to give her some more time on the vine to fully mature. That way I'll get to enjoy her wonderfully full scent; chopped parsley, ground coriander, a hint of chives, all served on a platter deep in a pine forest.

Ravel

Pages 11-20

rlsmooth:

Just had to came by and say, that this is damn good strain. It aint a heavy knockout indica, but it immediatly helps with some anxiety issues I've been having lately, puts on smile on ya face and enhances audio experiences, very calm and happy state of mind with this, focused. Nice hybrid effect, in the middle between energetic and couchlock, I think during summertime this will be perfect weed for doing stuff and socializing..

I think the current fem version maybe yields a slighter less than previous versions, but the taste annd smell are out of this world and very hard to describe. They taste exactly how they smell, I think there is some fruit taste and around it some weird exotic spices and incense. Starting a few months break in a couple days, so can't wait how they change in the jars, next time gonna taste when spring comes.. ^^

wasgedn:

talking from km phen ..yea a middle high open to up and bottom high..less heavy muscle stoney but kind of stone too......i only know haze and c99...and i like the sativa site of kc better then this ones, zero anxiety..i get used to light anxiety on new haze or something pretty fast but its there at first smokes... ....
i didnt try the other one...dubi pls dont hate me cause i talking this early....

km phen :skunk smell is not so strong anymore its going more to plastic on first sight when opening the jar now...but in the end i suspect it will get this compact inblended sour/less sharp/bit berry core smell

rlsmooth:

I think I understand what you mean by indicas making you feel burned down and depressed. I've smoked shitloads of weed like that during this autumn. This definetly aint a strain like that, the comedown imo is like you had'nt smoked at all, only leaving you relaxed feeling and ready to take on the world (Y) (or go to sleep if you consume it enough ) :D

Guest:

My few tests of kc gave a pleasurable effect of medium potency and zero comedown.Good daytime smoke.Liked it more than snow moon but oe and zmd/kc are both more potent and closer to my liking.The strongest is zmd/kc, but the oe hashplant high is one of the most distinguished and pleasurable ones I've encountered.:)

Consolidated:

about potency, KC is more potent than OE with a sativa high ( -without anxiety- and she gives you a warm and pleasant felling.).

dubi:

Kali China has not been bred for having an extreme potency.
My main goal was to stabilize the strain for its high resin production and hashplant behaviour, but mainly for its very complex and refined terpene profile and for its high quality and well focused, pleasant hashplant effect with sativa qualities.

A bit like in Snow Moon ... with both strains it's more about the quality than raw potency. Wish you are enjoying them! :tiphat:

dubi:

Glad you enjoyed with the Orient Express China Yunnan indica pheno. :) In my opinion Kali China is a much more refined and uplifting version of the China Yunnan hashplant. I prefer Kali China's aromas and effect over the Orient Express China Yunnan indica pheno, but that's just my personal preference. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you give her a try ;)

nldfarmer:

Throwing out a quick smoke report. Taste wise this is amazing, like vaping straight incense. Such a unique and interesting aroma, I smoke it purely for the flavor. That is not to say the buzz is lacking, it is actually fairly strong, although the effect lends itself more to anti anxiety or general relaxing than the melt your face indica effects or heart pounding sativas. Ends up being great day smoke. One interesting note I found is when mixed with heavier indicas the combined effects were overwhelming, when a heavy body stone combined with the head relaxing Kali China properties sleep was just impossible to resist, so it will be interesting seeing how it mixes with my heavy GDP. Combining it with my Zamaldelica resulted in a more intense feeling it relaxing that lasted much longer than usual. In general it seems to be a good candidate for mixing in any direction.

Guest:

Agreed on all points :) .This is definitely one of the tastiest herbs ever.I just decided to throw in one for the coming OD season,the yield is lacking a bit but it pays back in taste,aromas and effect.Quick one,too.

dubi:

Hi nldfarmer,

Glad you are enjoying with your Kali China, Kali China has not been bred for very high yields or overpowering effects, but it has been stabilized for having a unique and complex incensey terpene profile and a very high quality well focused effects with many desirable sativa and indica traits in a single plant.

She is lately my favourite inbred strain to produce hybrids, as you have experienced it combines very well with other strains, especially with more sativa strains.

Indeed we have released this year a Zamaldelica x Kali China limited edition, which produces a very resinous and fast flowering hybrid with a very interesting and strong sativa/indica effect and outstanding terpenes, in fact the extractions from Zamaldelica x Kali China have proben to be superb :yummy:

Thank you very much for the positive feedback :)

Herbage:

One of the most aesthetically pleasing plants, from the colour, structure, leaves, even the roots looked beautiful. But the aroma is something else, mango mango mango, with a bit of cream, you can taste it just from the smell, very distinct aromas. Very easy to grow, but very sensitive to N.
Dense buds with such flavours you wouldn't expect. Great one to bring for a social smoke, hugs you in sense of well being and relaxation.
Another pleasure to grow. Thank you Ace.

dubi:

Glad you enjoyed with terpene profile of your Kali China's, repuk ;)
It's without any doubt one of our best strains regarding rich and complex terpene profiles ... the grilled liver it's one of my favorite aromatic expressions from this strain ... usually the grilled liver smelling phenos have touches of violet flowers, making a real pleasant and exotic blend ..... although i also love the fruity mango incensey Kali Chinas :D

Pop more Kali China seeds if you have the chance, you won't be disappointed with the wide variety of high quality aromas that this strain has to offer.

Bleiweis:

First of all i have to say that i wanted to do a smoke report with some bud pictures but they were all gone before i could do that. That speaks of the quality itself!

Buds were very hard and produced wonderful aromas when you broke them apart. Bag appeal would be 9/10 in my book! Aromas ranged from menthol to incense and other special flavours that i can't describe...not a native speaker :) i have to say that this has to be one of the if not THE tastiest smoke i ever produced in my garden! I was very impressed with the smell upon lighting up the spear of freedom...such a pleasant smell- no smell of burnt grass/hay. Just perfumey aromas all over!

I noticed that after about 2-3 months of curing she really brought out her best qualities. High which she produced was very balanced and full. It was long lasting, mental, buzzing, produced a lot of laugh and induced some dreamy conversations. The main outline would be that it ticked all the boxes...except for the body stone! Otherwise it basically did everything it could! All of the people that tried it were very impresed. High lasted for a medium/long time. There was some ceiling...but it was nice! It became my favourite smoke of the 2017 season!

After about 6 months of curing all that toned down a bit and the buzzing qualities dissapered. You get some body stone instead! But yeah...it's not that flamethrower experience any more. Curing really brings down her temper!

So in a short conclusion i would say it like this. Excellent bag appeal, wonderful aromas, smooth smoke and a pretty good yield. I would recommend 1-3 months of curing for the best effect!

Thanks dubi for making this possible!

YukonKronic:

Can hardly describe taste... mandarin cream candy spice/incense perfumeness .... meat?
Not even meat more like... a meaty vegetable of some sort.. reminds me of flavour that Marula leaves add to stir fry. I dunno. Just the finish tastes meaty anyway and really not in an obtuse or unpleasant way at all..
beautiful plant with lovely structure. Benefits from lollipopping in a crowd but which ones don't?..

Smoke is sweet and smooth with a decidedly mandarin creamyness before the incense spice and perfume (lavender) on exhale. Leaves a really neat "meatish" smell on the palate without leaving much of its taste.

High is immediate and interesting. Hold like a body buzz but centred in the head... more at base of brain than cerebral. From that buzzing "hold" on the primitive brain arises a euphoric somewhat rushing wave of cerebral energy that holds promise of focus if you cared to try for it..

Fun, pretty social and just... interesting. A little different from a hasplant high a little different from a "pure" sativa high but definitely closer to the sativa side. Also two things about this DID very much remind me of Thai (my experience is limited at best but I read and pay attention)herbs as some have suggested before.

1.) It had a "creeper" effect and a "wave" effect in that you were suddenly higher than previously thought and it would come and go in waves.

2.) It affected light giving it a golden dripping quality as if it had been splashed everywhere... this last effect is something I have only seen in Lemon Thai from a dispensary, GT and Zamaldelica so I was pleased to find it in a short flowering hash plant that tastes really just so.... sublime.

YukonKronic:

Lol been smoking on my uncured Kali China and even next to BKxPCK it's STILL tastiest thing I've got. Just past halfway thru joint it switches from mandarin cream to grilled liver and it amazes me each time. Hahaha the meat flavour is just enough to be really neat without getting overwhelming and gross, it's super freakin unique.
Also is pretty dang good daytime smoke to fight depression; bit of energy and euphoria w/no anxiety or burnout.. she's staying in my stable. Near the top of the heap.

Ravel

Pages 21-30

FarmBuck:

Thank you Dubi !! Such a beauty to grow, love the smell when she's flowering. Now my wife wants more of her lolll. Ok here's a summary of my KC in curing: going on 8 weeks of curing and the aroma is incredible. I would describe a nice smoke for the girls cuz my wife just adore it. Smoke is like a nice Bordeaux wine as it cure longer, something I know about wine lolll She is soft compare to other strains, not too "fuzzy" in the head the way my wife likes. Very mellow and good body stone just like a good Indica of the old days. She hit you fast but not like a cement truck loll. Oh yes, Also I did some hashish and oil with her and guess what ? She's a hell of a good hash smoke in long long time. Just like in my old days in the 70's. Will I grow her again ? OF COURSE YES !!

ColaCalyx:

Its had a nice 7+ month cure in turkey bags stored in food-grade buckets with gamma lids. I love the look of this herb, and its aromas and tastes are fantastic. There's a penetrating floral mango haze spice funk going on. The high can start out a little energetic/edgy at times, and develops into a creative, relaxing smoke. Everybody loves the smell, taste, and effect. Except my wife - she calls it "angry weed," (she isn't kidding, I've seen her) and forbids us to smoke it together haha.

StrongTree:

the smoke itself ... creamy and smooth......there is indeed a fruit / mango effect to it... also reminds me a bit of elderflower this plant renders whole area smelling delicious for some time after combustion. in a refreshing non-skunky style.

when smoking there is often a detectable note of fennel at mid-draw and sometimes just for a moment, star anise as the chillum heats up. the effect is cool and de-stressing...puts a smile on my face. i am not usually synesthetic but im often thinking of the color blue when i imbibe the kalichina.

dubi:

Hi StrongTree,

A pleasure to hear that Kali China has become a permanent resident in your flowering room ;)

You really captured the personality of Kali China in your description :kissgrin:
I'm also a bit synesthetic and every detail of the complex Kali China terpene profile brings to my mind food, colors and situations, makes me feel lost in pleasant thoughts and memories :ying:

Theorganicguy:

Here's my experience with kali china:
-at first, with only a month of cure, she was quite electric and racy, to the point of having to go for a run to relax, because of the intense stream of energy
-around six months into the jar, she was still reinvigorating, but with an added bliss, almost meditative state of mind
-now, around month 8 of curing, she is uplifting and visual:brighter colours, sun-like induced euphoria and finishes off with a relaxed, dreamy comedown. All without melting your body away or knocking you out on while lying on the grass.
The smell was of dried mandarine and hash, but evolved throughout all these months and now resembles incense with some touches of lemon. Taste didn't change much, on the contrary, she lost some citrusness and gained a more intense incense taste. She tastes of frankincense with some sour lemon and roasted lamb meat in the background.

Great weed, has you in an altered state of mind that won't impact your day and turn you into a log. It could make you a bit hyperactive and jumpy without some months to "bring down her temper", as Bleiweis said. Sadly, this strain starts flowering too late for our climate and the colder temperatures will impact it's bud structure, causing flower to be smaller and yield a bit poorer. Still, it has great sativa traits, from seedling all the way to vapour, something rare to find in such a short flowering plant. Great cold and rain resistance, she froze one night at -6C, but didn't show much distress. One of the best strains I've ever smoked.

Daves Dank:

Popped 3 Kali China seeds 3 years ago and found a great pheno that I still have to this day. Running a new batch of Kali China.3 nice plants 43 days into flower and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. The smells and the look of buds remind me of my keeper as well as the 2 other kc I let go years back. Two current plants have a nice main smell of bitter sweet mango with some nice woody incensey notes. One has a really special smell that I can only describe as mango mixed with a purple skittles taste turned it into a scent. Woody notes and some incense in the background. Reminds me of the purple Kali china pheno I had years back but this one is more intense in smell and better trichomes production. It’s got my eye, that’s for sure. My keeper that I’ve had for years is a Green pheno with a nice creamy mango and some wood/incense. Very uplifting and long lasting. The kind of high that sets in fully and you know you’re gonna feel good for a while. There’s no searching for the feeling. It commands attention. Will be posting pics soon of the Kali China as I’m a huge fan of the strain. Long time smoker and grower here and I must say it hits the spot perfectly for me. Top 2 strains of all time for me. All of my friends really enjoy it as well and very often prefer it over other strains I have like Rollex O.G. And Phone Home( triangle Kush x Wookie 15) from Bodhi.

porn:

I'm very surpriced smells, colors and taste go to some incience (similar to Copal), eucaliptus, really complex and spicy, getting better every day. Early samples show calm clear sativa high, potent but not producing ansiety. Very contemplative and meditative. Nice hibrid later a better cured report. Thank's ACE

repuk:

She has the terpene kitchen going, and man, Kali China is really a show in that...

Right now as you approach her and get closer, you get slapped by grilled/sliced onions, that subsede into a musky, fruity, deep (clean) engine oil. Stem rub: superfruity woody oil with a baby puke note on top? :biggrin:

I cannot wait each day to go sniff her to see where she's at in the kitchen, lately every day has evolved into something new.

Common Sense:

Nearly 4 months curing in glass jars at room temperature, humidity constant at 63%.

Bouquet: complex. Deep, creamy, a little sweet, addictive. Old leather, fresh wood, mixed with concentrated honey. A hint of citrus. Mango, honeydew melon (fruity note and sweetness less pronounced than my pheno of Orient Express), temporarily an idea of turpentine. A whiff of elderberry blossoms (or lychee if you like) has been there from month 2-3 in the jar, now diminishing. You can see that I spent time with my nose in that jar.

Nothing much special to note about the buds. Mine are medium size, green, I left a lot of the small sugar leaves since they were thoroughly covered in resin. Seem to be well fermented after 4 months.

As has been mentioned on this forum before, the descriptions of the effects on the aceseeds website for the various strains are fairly accurate. I can confirm this for the Orient Express and for Kali China when vaped at 185°C (Storz&Bickel Crafty(R)). The later, discussed here, gives a warm, comforting and very relaxing feeling. I would attest an antidepressant and very much mood enhancing effect as well, despite the calming and relaxing effects it is not a downer and does not cause particular drowsiness or sleepiness (dose dependent). Great, great chillout material to ground your overheated brain after a long and stressful workday. Remember when you were a little kid and mommy brought you to bed and pulled the warm blanket over you? But, don’t worry, it will not put you right to sleep, first it will elevate and float you up in the air a bit. If you wish, you can close your eyes and you might see some pretty interesting visuals and cartoons being broadcasted. I would not say that this is a very pronounced signature effect of Kali China, but it is there.
Although the buds aren’t very sticky, both my wife and I found Kali China very potent. Quote after a couple hits on her first try (giving me disbelieving look): “oh man, could it be that this is really strong stuff?”
One evening, I had vaped a bit more than usually while watching the news. I could understand all the words but not the meaning of the sentences. So, WTF, I vaped some more and then the news speaker somehow switched to a foreign language. So, if you plan to get really blitzed: here you go and smoke some more. I would definitely recommend to get your things done before and not after, though.
Never experienced any anxiety or raciness. However, I believe Kali China’s most beneficial strengths can be utilized with smaller or medium doses, especially if you want to stay active and take advantage of the lifted spirit it causes.

There are body sensations, much more than from the Orient Express, but not as pronounced a melting body stone as in some indicas from my extremely limited experience in that sector. I would describe it more as a light body buzz, initially sometimes coming on like water flowing through your body.

Then there is this one more very remarkable feature of Kali China … ? Well, at least for me it has a very reproducible and pronounced aphrodisiac effect even at smaller doses. To some extent most cannabis strains do that for me, but I’ve never experienced anything in that order of magnitude. :bigeye:

Great job on this one, dubi and everybody at aceseeds! Great chillout, happy-floating, mood enhancing material without producing much sleepiness. Bonus effect as described above.

dubi:

It's indeed pot with good potency, but the effects are so well focused, kind and balanced that it never makes me feel out of bounds, unpleasant, racy, anxious, intoxicated or with bad body or mind, even when smoking different KC plants from different lines, quite the opposite, makes me joyful, warm, happy, mentally enhanced but at the same time relaxed, appreciating more life and my inner and outer perception. Guess it just works well with my chemistry, it's a pleasure to know it works in the same way for many others too. Glad you are your wife are enjoying there! :huggg:

Ravel

Pages 31-36

Grover Sativa:

The aromas are Kali Mist all the way. They really remind me of Churchy, my long lost Kali Mist cut of yore..
The flavours are extremely pleasant indeed - fruity, musky, toffee, hashish.
The hash itself is fantastic. It smells fruity and is different from the Afghani or Pakistani types. Quite unique in it's own way. It makes for a great cocktail with weed.

Common Sense:

Don't know whether this is of interest, but I grew this twice.
First run (my very first grow) I had the more broad leaf pheno which turned into beautiful colors in late flowering. Second run was with not such broad leafs and stayed green. Effects are slightly different as well, but not so much. Same goes for the bouquet, which is similar and clearly distinct from other strains I grew, but the first one was more intense. I think I prefer the effect of the less indica pheno from the second run a bit, but the difference is not so big. I find myself reaching into that jar quite often. Both have a very multifaceted effect that ticks many boxes. I guess that is what Dubi means with the official description of "different organoleptic areas". Of course it is heavier than for example Honduras x Panama or Zamaldelica and it can be very powerful, but I would not rate it overly sleepy. I do get an intensely trippy effect at higher doses, but never racy. My impression is that the journeys are "darker" than with Zamaldelica for example, but equally beautiful. As in low key vs high key photography it does not mean "better" or "worse". A candle lit room can be as beautiful as one in bright sunshine.
Recently I tasted some of what I have left from the first run, which was harvested about 20 months ago to check if it degraded and whether I need to discard it. Found out that that would be a big mistake.

user128:

Last review from my 2021 run

I popped 6 seeds of Kali China (2021 feminized stock) and got 100% germination rate. I keeped the best 4 looking plants after 2-3 weeks of grow and transplant them, at the same occasion, from 1 to 3 gallons buckets.

Growing was a bliss. Kali China is a nice, healthy, somehow indica-looking plant, with a sturdy structure, immense leaves, average inter-nodes and a reasonable height. Branches are strong, tight, and solidify very quickly ; I actually broke one of them while doing my usual "bending" routine but it recovered nicely.

Plants appearance changed drastically during the 2-3 last weeks of flowering, developing beautiful color patterns on both the leaves and flowers. While the smell didn't strike me that much during grow, I have to say it is an all different story after only 6 weeks of curing. Terpene profile of Kali China is absolutely unique and I can't remember experiencing anything even remotely close to it in 20+ years of smoking. I'm not really good at descriptions but I happily concur with ACE about the incense, spices, mango hints and - well, I know it sounds strange but it's kind of relevant actually - meaty taste. Overall, a real treat for the seasoned enthusiast.

Yield was in the low average, of mostly small, dense, resin-coated buds. I would advice to do some selection/cloning when possible because of some variability on the flowers production (going from 1x-2x range) and smell (1 of the 4 plants just didn't "get it").

The first reason I went for Kali China was because of the Kali Mist lineage, which I loved as a really peculiar weed when it comes to the high. I was more than satisfied with the result, that I found to be quite close to my original experience (or, at least, what I remembered of it) : a clear-headed, mellow but not blurry, relaxing, peaceful, contemplative high, free from fatigue and confusion, taking time away before you can even think about it.

Outstanding work ACE

TLDR; vigorous but average yielding strain, with an outstanding terpene profile and a powerful but clear, contemplative high, bringing back vivid memories of the glorious Kali Mist

Cactus Squatter:

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before and currently I’m too lazy to go looking through this thread to see if I did make a post about this already. pretty sure I haven’t yet…

Kali China is something really special when it comes to Headspace and working very well with PTSD issues. I’ve noticed it with both the straight Kali China I’m holding as a mom, and the KC x Nepjam I have. It’s definitely a stronger effect with the straight KC though and I’m hoping it’s a strain effect and not just my pheno… gonna find out when I pop some more KC sometime in the near “who the heck knows when” timeframe. Dubi, you give us such an amazing library to work with its hard to circle back to things quickly, but these girls really have “it”.

I work a lot with post 9/11 Military Veterans helping them transition between war and life and have really found that the calming yet blissful effects of KC combined with its body relaxation effect really seem to put people into a good place to talk through things and opens them up to new ideas easier. It doesn’t fog up your head or cause confusion/misunderstandings like can happen with some smoke.
We do a lot of 1:1 sessions as well as group work and I’ve found the sessions with KC involved are usually way more productive. It has also been extremely good for a few former infantry guys I know to very quickly bring them back from the red whenever something triggers them. We’ve also seen a lot of great help with friends that have non combat related traumas stemming from physical/mental abuse as kids as well as from accidents or crazy life events.

I’m probably going to end up with a tent just for Kali China runs to help my close friends who don’t grow out with it more, but long term I’m also thinking of working with a local Doc and one of the local medical/commercial grow houses to do a run of this specifically for veterans in order to do a larger scale study with it.

With the Zamaldelica x Kalichina cross I have only shared 1 pheno of it with a friend and it didn’t help the same way at all. That pheno had a cloudier head to it and isn’t a talkative smoke. I didn’t keep that cut around and need to test my keeper cut of this cross to see if it helps at all in the same way.

Love the Kalichina. I’ll keep you all updated as I get into this project and see how different Phenos work out for different people.

dubi:

Hola user128 your feedback and description on your Kali China experience is much appreciated, i really like how well and accurate you put it in words. Glad you are satisfied with the personality, terpenes and effects of the pack you grew. As you said, it's not a big yielding strain, but (imo) it really has a gourmet quality to its terpenes and effects, and probably it's the inbred strain i feel more proud of when merely considering quality and personality over all the other traits.

Dear Cactus Squatter, thank you so much for your beautiful and tender report. That's the most beautiful part of breeding and spreading genetics: when the genetics can make such a strong, positive and meaningful impact on others, especially when others are having difficulties. When i've been struggling with bad psychological stages in life and and most THC cultivars made me feel worst, Kali China was the only THC strain that made me feel better and provided psychological relief. Its effect has a kindness and well-being to it that is very hard to find in other THC genetics. I understand how can it provide psychological relief to your patients with traumas, it's really difficult to put in words, thanks a lot for your post, much love!

Tranquilidade:

Aromas: Tangerines (mid flowering), mangos, cream, incense, floral and anise.

Smoke: Hits immediately straight to the head with powerful visual distortions. Very trippy and clear head at the same time. No negativity is attached to this strain and very unique on its own. After smoking various hybrids throughout my life, this one really stands out.

The second plant (I couldn't take the picture) was greener and slightly more sativa dominant with a bit less yield. It had an incense and grilled meat aroma profile, but I prefer the one above.

I've been smoking it for a month, and it became my favorite out of 8 other vendor strains. Whenever I reach my gold cabinet, I want to smoke Kali china. What I like the most is the initial psychedelic wave which lasts 30 minutes and then fades away to a comfortable, clear head high.

After curing for more than two months (purple pheno with creamy, incense, floral, and mang notes), I have noticed that she is quite a hitter. Huge difference between smoking a raw KC joint and vaping it. The green meaty pheno packs almost the same punch, but it is less fragrant. Also, after you smoke it, the room fills with a classic old-school incense church smell that is so nostalgic for me.

I only consume cannabis with a portable vape (it helps me regulate the temperature and strength of effects), so I've been vaping Kali China for two months, and it was a very balanced smoke. Last Friday, I rolled a raw KC joint, smoked 1/4 of it, and it hit like a train :) My friend also sit down :) But it was still pleasurable, just with a stronger initial kick. This is expected because of the longer cure and smoking it raw instead of vaping.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much @Ravel :love: for taking the time, interest and effort to go through the whole Kali China thread to gather and post here all the Kali China smoke reports, can't thank you enough, much love ! :huggy:

Ravel

Yeah I'm pretty sure this fall's grow will be all Kali China. Possibly with a Blueberry thrown in.