What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Just one more ride...

Petrochemical

That construction of your building was well done.
I notice weird chit lol So does the cmh or hps give u uv?
With your experience and size area do you feel it's needed?
I mean I want to comment here without trying to sound like I'm trying to kiss your ass cuz I'm very impressed by what you're doing I tried doing it in a 5x5 tent and I just over cared for him I think but I love seeing threads like this and following people's progress with like you're doing because it motivates me to do things bigger because that's what I need I never have the foresight to understand that by the sixth month I should have tripled quadrupled my initial harvest so thank you for being willing to come here and share and be friendly and not cocky and pompous I love that thank you very much

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
7D4080A2-B8FA-4FB8-8D6B-274ECC605892.jpeg
In my experience nothing beats hps with supplemental cmh for producing pretty flowers. The hortilux cmh bulbs that I have been using do show a good uv spectrum peak but its probably just a matter of the combination of spectrums and the fact that its coming from more angles than the difference coming from the addition of one specific spectrum color.

A couple years ago we worked on a LED with adjustable spectrum, a friend was trying to bring it to market, but its difficult to prove whats best with all the variables involved. There are some other brands on the market now and eventually adjustable spectrum will be very common but there is still a lot of research to be done to decide what truly is best and then it will still be different between genetics.

I use to think that there was no way to have too much light but following the ppfd chart has shown improvements in early flower at my other spot.

Petrochemical

I appreciate your candor. There was a point in time when I came back to my home country when I had a sufficient amount of money where I could get into this as a hobby and all I could find were Sun system magnetic balasts with 600 watt cool tubes and if I remember right they were I hortilix super HPS single they weren't double ended like the ones described earlier but they were they I think I ran maybe three grows before the ends with blackened and I was told to change them out being responsible farmer I was even back then trying to find a part of the dump that would accept that because I think there was some sort of mercury or in the actual sodium casing I forget at the time I might be wrong so you can correct me if I'm wrong the one thing that turned me away from magnetic balast at the time was that my capacitors would go after a while and I didn't want to get off my my equipment and it wasn't legal here, plus u can kill yourself playing with capacitors
so trying to go into detail about what I was trying to have replaced on seven blasts really didn't fare well for me so I don't know man this last round I ran spider farmers and they were okay but seeing what you're doing is really starting to get my juices going again because if I'm fair in my experience as well and I have a few gardens under my belt I'm just nowhere near as diligent and productive as you are there have been times where I've just allowed myself to slack off all that being said I just wanted to thank you for having a thread the way your thread is because it's something that I can learn a lot from now to figure out HID lighting again I like your description your methodology at the end of the day if I remember right the only thing I ever had issues with was heat and I can easily use an inline fan and just have some ducting shoot that to the other side of the house or outside. Thank you once again

Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have to get an adapter for the trolmaster to dim them so i have them a little high until i get that. Today was day one of flower. They will be 18” or so off the tops depending on what the ppfd reading shows.

Definitely positives for both lights. I love MH in veg compared to LED. For efficency in flower I couldn't go back to HID but its harder to account for heat and electricity in smaller spaces

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I moved everything out of the new LED room and stuck it in the back room. The tables were too high and the back room was ready. The middle room is getting closer. 5 star #32 getting real close and then one of chemdawg with a few weeks to go. Did a little queen tumble and made a pile of kief and squished it for 4/20.
6D19843B-1189-4CE4-87D2-BFDB3C855E80.jpeg
233A08FA-70B9-4C35-9009-FADF6388F571.jpeg
9D5AE942-09F1-4719-9317-DDDFEA279F60.jpeg
B79B22C1-5103-4D30-828D-827828EEBCDE.jpeg
B8697377-8C2C-4F9B-847E-CD7DC58B2934.jpeg
34326EA0-ADE3-42A8-A11D-AEB1DDE7F641.jpeg
9CDEA6EF-AB79-482F-A0DD-B5EB3DE62BE1.jpeg

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Love that room set-up ! I've always thought a mixture of vert and horizontal lighting gave best results. Add mixed spectrum lighting like you have, and it's like the perfect set-up. Ideal room for running a bunch of different vars at the same time.

Latest posts

Latest posts