What's new

Diary Just one more ride...

DaEarl73

It was freeze dried ice cream and prices are in lbs. but it gets sold by the gram in the stores, kind of silly
I guess it’s not easy to deliver and they need a freezer too! Amazing idea! You put the extract into the icecream in the form of rosin or you processed the rosin before (like into a sirup or something)?

goingrey

How manicured does the material have to be?
Not manicured in the way that you need to spend a lot of time with scissors to make it look pretty but I have crumbled it by hand beforehand, sugar leaves and bud all in there.

Got to sell it in single serving something. We did astronaut ice cream, freeze dried ice cream, a couple years ago. It broke apart to easy but it flew off the shelves. A unique gourmet single serving prepackaged small farm produced is what your market is begging for. View attachment 18895385 View attachment 18895384 View attachment 18895386 View attachment 18895390
"Space" astronout ice cream dude you are a marketing genius!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I guess it’s not easy to deliver and they need a freezer too! Amazing idea! You put the extract into the icecream in the form of rosin or you processed the rosin before (like into a sirup or something)?
Freeze dried it could sit on the shelf and has a life of lots of years supposedly. Yeah rosin ferociously mixed in a homemade strawberry ice cream recipe of sorts. Tasted delicious but it was just to crumbly so we moved away form it. It wasn’t all me, we have a great team. There is some potential though for freeze dried cannabis snacks just got to find the right one

DaEarl73

Freeze dried it could sit on the shelf and has a life of lots of years supposedly. Yeah rosin ferociously mixed in a homemade strawberry ice cream recipe of sorts. Tasted delicious but it was just to crumbly so we moved away form it. It wasn’t all me, we have a great team. There is some potential though for freeze dried cannabis snacks just got to find the right one
Amazing dude, so you suck all the humidity out and get a never melting ice cream? Genius move!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
In our area we all saw it on a school field trip in the 80s and we just remembered it and tried to make an improved version

Single servings do get tricky since a consistent mix is very important, just a little settling or clumping and you can get a 100mg surprise. Small batches are the fix, doing large mixes would always have some stronger than others.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Just picked some astronaut ice cream up for my son at the museum of science and industry in Chicago last week. Did the same myself with school in the 90's.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I asked this question before please forgive me :redface: what is the approximate percentage range of final yield of pressed Rosen from (for example )1 pound of fresh frozen material ? (that’s ultimately going through the process )

DaEarl73

If I asked this question before please forgive me :redface: what is the approximate percentage range of final yield of pressed Rosen from (for example )1 pound of fresh frozen material ? (that’s ultimately going through the process )
It depends on the strain. I guess if you get 5% out it’s pretty good, 7% super good. So you put 1kg (wet/frozen) and get 50-70gram of fresh frozen iceolator

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
If we're only getting like 5-7% where's the rest of the THC going? Assuming we aren't growing 5-7% THC plants lol

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
3% to 7% final yield per pound from fresh frozen ? I’m trying to confirm this talking to a local dude
I’ve found usual yields of between 1% and 4%.
Figure 2250 fresh frozen grams to equal a dry pound.
Also be sure you’re talking percentage to rosin and not percentage to wash.
In other words rosin is going to be less than what comes out of the wash.

DaEarl73

The question is if it’s worth it? One g dry weed 5$, how much you have to sell your extract to be even? So in case of 5% you would need 100 /g of fresh frozen 71 in case of 7%

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve found usual yields of between 1% and 4%.
Figure 2250 fresh frozen grams to equal a dry pound.
Also be sure you’re talking percentage to rosin and not percentage to wash.
In other words rosin is going to be less than what comes out of the wash.
I’m trying to figure this shit out from people such as you I was told the range are which pretty much what you’re talking about but some people were claiming much much more and I was skeptical ..I gotta figure out the worth
If you find something that does 7% to rosin you have a unicorn on your hands.
GMO comes close.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but in all honesty it would be nice to make a super premium product ..that’s kind of what’s inspiring me…