What's new

Just landed in the 'Dam!

moneyshot

Let the debauchery begin!! Its a cool 30*f here about 3pm their time. Waiting on the lady to hurry up with the make-up! (but thats another story) We are staying in a place called Hotel Linda which according to orbitz is right in dam square, but in actuality its a few paces away from there, about 30 min walk :bashhead: Anyway we are headed to stix first as its the closest to our hotel. Then to gypsys to pick up a few packs of seeds I hope and then to Barneys for another smoke and some dinner. I will try to remember to take pictures of each shops' offerings. First on our list is either the Amnesia Haze or the Diesel Haze from Stix. Cheers from the DAM!!!

Moneyshot

moneyshot

So we stopped into stix and decided to go with the Amnesia Haze... Whoa. This one was a powerful one. It had a smell of skunk with a hint of cheese and a bit of fruit for good measure. The taste was similar to the smell. It was very expansive and definately will put you into a coughing spell. After about half a joint the misses threw in the towel and shortly there after I did as well. By the time we got our belongings together it was hitting me heavy between the eyes. I even had a sense of rolling in the first 30 minutes. Later on in the evening we stopped in at Rokerij. Awesome place! Budtender and Bartender were both very nice. The bartender, a british lady, gave us some free hot chocolates because she liked our American passports. She also sat with us and talked about what an idiot Bush and Cheney are, which I think everyone can understand and appreciate that subject. So we got a gram of Lemon Haze, which was labeled CC winner 2008. After that joint I know why it won. This was the most well balanced high I have had to date. It was very uplifting and clear. Perfectly grown and cured. It is tremendously sticky although not the least bit moist, so I know it was the trics that were doing the sticking.. :) Once broken up all you smell is fresh lemon zest! Not to much of a haze smell or taste but jam packed with lemony flavors. Half way through the joint still going strong with the original taste, it was like a green hit every hit! We still have lots of grass to smoke and hashes to try but thus far I like the Lemon Haze WAY better. As bad as this sounds the Amnesia was a bit to much, and I am an everyday smoker back at home in the states. The problem is, is that we have never seen such good weed back home. My American lungs are no good for this atmosphere. This morning we are off to Barneys, a few seed shops, and maybe a Museum or two. Cheers from the Dam!

Moneyshot

moneyshot

Blue Cheese from Barneys is now my all time favorite! This smells and tastes like no other! We went there for some breakfast and weed of course. Got the cheese omlette, a gram of Blue Cheese, and thats when the day became great. This weed has the most pronounced blueberry taste I have ever experienced in anything other than a blueberry, same for the smell! The high was extremely fun and balanced. We were cooked half way in on the joint again :joint: We then made a move to Central Station and got lost a few times. This was some pretty sharp weed. We also got to sample some LA Conf from Kadinsky which got us pretty wrecked...Ive noticed I am a huge kush fan (who isnt ?!) Hazes are still my all time favorite. We stopped by Puccini which is the Chocolate HEAVEN right next to The Grey Area. A bit expensive, 24 euro for 7 chocolates! :bashhead: But I just can't tell the misses no! Stopped in the Grey Area, had some Recon, which was the least of my favorites on the list. Unfortunatly they were all out of every strain I picked, (bubbleberry, LA Conf., Martian Mean Green, Chocolope, Apollo 13 :puppydoge:) Amsterdam has been treating us very well. It sooo cold here, around 25*f at night and 30*f during sunlight hours. :fsu: Anyway, I will post pics when I get back. Still too much to do yet. We also have a really awesome selection of hashish that we are saving for New Years eve and New Years Day. We have some King Hassan from Kadinsky, Black Cobra & Aladdins Chocolate from Popeyes, Triple X from Barneys, and Royal Cream Gold from Rokerij near leidseplein. So far the Aladins Chocolate is my goal for the first puff of hash. Cheers ladies and gents and have a happy new year!

Moneyshot

Chomp

Hey Moneyshot, that's awesome man wish I was at the Dam for New Years...Have you been to Gypsy's yet?

Lucky 7

Damn! Your gonna be "Amsterdamaged" my friend! Take one of those horse & buggy rides from the dam to the old town, & don't forget to pick up some syrup waffles if you haven't already!

moneyshot

No I havent. Where is there place at? Do they sell seeds from there? I will be in the centrum for most of tommorrow so let me know how to get to gypsys from there. Cheers! Thanks in advance.

Moneyshot

Chomp

^^^I don't know how to get there...just noticed in you're first post you said you were going...lol

Happy New Year!

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
the dampkring grow shop has a good seed selection as well.

pick up some alegria, you wont be dissapointed!!

moneyshot

I have returned!

I have returned!

So it has taken me a bit to get back to normal again between the time differences and now I have gotten the pics uploaded, the good ones anyway. I do apologize in advance as I got a bit too high on a few occasions and forgot to take a picture of what we smoked and subsequently forgot what I was even smoking :bashhead: :joint: So here we go, I will take you on our picture journey...

Here is some L.S.D. from Amnesia. This stuff was GREAT! It smelled and tasted like cold strawberries and sugar that have been sitting for a bit. I can't remember the high perfectly, but it was very expansive and talkitive. It even made the old lady a little frisky :dueling:

Here is Royal Cream Gold from the Rokerij. This stuff had the smell of fresh baby wipes, curious smell I know. I think being that it was around 20*F or colder constantly the hash was a bit frozen so this stuff wasn't the most pliable stuff but it was easy to cut. A bowl of this had us feeling warm again. The layers in this chunk are amazing! If you can zoom in close enough you can actually see the crystals pressed against eachothers :eek:
Very smooth and aromatic on the pallete and nose after being burnt.

Here are two splifs I was preparing for New Year Eve. The effect I was going for didn't come out as planned so never mind the blurry back round :joint: I did a mix of the L.S.D. above and some Nevilles Haze from De Dampkring...AWESOME :smoke: I will be honest I cannot remember the taste or smell of Nevilles Haze but I do remember the remarkable buzz. Very energetic and happy but not panicky. It felt as if I was wearing glasses, everything was so clear!

Here we have Cannabis Cup winner 2008, Lemon Haze from Rokerij. This was our second favorite weed of the trip. This was a pristine strong but gentle smell of fresh lemon zest. The buds were nice and squishy but not damp. Upon the squeeze was a bit of lemonade smell, sweet fruit/sugar & sour lemons. This is the initial flavor that comes across the pallet. This one is a COUGHER :spank: It will get you with every single one of those juicy crystals that you can see in the photo. Great social high, made a lot of friends during and after smoking a joint of this.

Here is a quick snippet of our sampler at Amnesia. We have a coffee, which was second to none, 5g of Aladins Chocolate, some Cherry Berry from Amnesia, and some L.S.D. from Amnesia. They lent us the bowl and that was it from there. We first packed the cherry berry and chocolate together. First of all Aladins Chocolate really smells like chocolate...try to remember its not chocolate. This was one of the smoothest combos we had during the trip. The cherry berry is the first taste the run across your taste buds and ours had a candied cherry kush flavor. It was very pleasent. If I was to describe it physically I would say it is like Cherry colored velvet. Then the hash got kickin :jump: Huge chocolate rasberry taste rushed into my mouth and lungs! Very pleasent tastes, smells & buzz! Our neighbors in the coffee shop kept glancing over and asked us what we had :joint:

I wanna say this was Black Cobra from Barneys but cant be certain. If it is, it had a very musky earthy flavor with some lavender to it. It didnt have the strongest high but as pretty good for the evening time.

Here we have our favorite strain of the trip. I ended up buying 3 packs of these feminized and sent them back. This is gonna be the first plant I grow outdoors. This is the only blueberry strain or cross I have sampled that actually smelled like blue berries! It was very pleasing on the nose. It wasn't loaded with crystals but still very sticky. Squishy fresh buds. The taste is exactly as I hoped it would be. Blue Berry Muffins! MMM. If the CC was up to me this would have been the end all be all. Cancel Christmas, the kitchen is closed! :joint: IMHO it is that good. Huge rep to Barneys for producing such a quality strain and feminised versions of those beans too !

Delicious little Dutch treat from the Olliebolen things. The pastry shops that are on every corner, if you have been to the dam you will know. If you haven't then you are missing out! This little apple gimick was second only to the mighty profiteroles. I forgot to take a picture of those, but damn they were good.

Here we have the big boy of the trip. This weed was so strong that half a joint between the both of us and we were cooked FAR past where we wanted to be. This was our first smoke of the trip and it actually made us a bit closterphobic. This was the almighty Amnesia Haze from Stix... :spank: :spank: Double spank on this one ladies and gents! I have never tried this before this trip and whoa was it potent. The budtender there told me like three times, " dis is really strong, Wees voorzichtig" which I think means be careful. Well it was strong. I dont remember the smell very well. I wanna say it was a bit musky and fruity. The taste I dont have the foggiest. I do apologize :bashhead: So now I know why they call it "Amnesia Haze" I definatly have amnesia from that sitting and it put me into a pretty good haze for a few hours. The only thing I can remember clearly about it was it was a bit TOO strong for our first smoke in a foreign country. I would like to grow it and smoke it at my home tho :rasta:

So there you have it. If you guys would like I can post some of the scenery pictures I got while there as well. Some of the canals to the west froze over on New Years Eve during the day & it snowed. It was a lot prettier & cleaner this year than I remembered which was great because it was my girlfriends first time abroad. She actually wants to retire there when we are about 40 or so. Shes a keeper ;). What a wonderful progressive city. It still frustrates me that such a successful city isn't looked at by other countries, cough America cough, and say well maybe all those things we have been saying are evil and bad aren't so bad. To many idiots in power is the problem. Cheers to Europe as a whole, I love you guys! So let me know what you guys think. Cheers! And happy New Year.

Moneyshot

moneyshot

This is Sint Nikolaaskerk I believe thats how its spelled. This is such an awesome city. It has old world 16 & 17th century buildings every where, yet its one of the most modern cities around.

Not sure of the castle/church in the back round, but I thought this was something youd see on a post card. Every square inch of this city is amazing and beautiful!

Central Station.

Here is one of the frozen rivers I promised you guys. See what I had to go through to get photos for you ladies & gents! :violin:

Bulldog Palace in Leidseplein

Dam Square New Years Eve around 9pm. With the palace lit up behind the stage and fireworks blasting off every few seconds, this was by far the best New Years Eve I have ever had. Of course the splifs, hash, & rolls helped with that as well :rasta:

This is a canal right next to Casa Rossa in the Red Light District. These birds were pretty happy after that last showing....

Cheers!
Moneyshot

buttyrekka

great posts/pics moneyshot!! :wave: :jump:
the weed looks ace(esp that lsd),that royal cream looks fine.. :joint:
and i have never seen a canal freeze like that!!!you make me want to spend new years in amsterdam next year!...i bet your dreading your next credit card bill though;D..looks like a great time was had :smoke: