Votes: 94 13.6%
  • 71+

Votes: 14 2.0%

• Total voters

gekolite

reality

reality

Don't be talking bad about hippies! :biggrin:
At least we had the balls to take to the streets, close down universities all across the country, and end the Vietnam war. Today's young people don't even bother to vote. They are too busy playing with their I-phones to take to the streets to protest anything. They have been absorbed by the media and anesthetized by video games and Facebook, the company that's actually spying on them. There are so many reasons why we should be in the streets protesting, I can't even begin to list them. So, yeah, I'm old, but at least I grew up at a time when music was actually played by musicians. And that Columbian Gold in "softpacks" was incredible. Nothing beats the smile that would put on your face.

AMEN

FireDancer

Don't be talking bad about hippies! :biggrin:
At least we had the balls to take to the streets, close down universities all across the country, and end the Vietnam war. Today's young people don't even bother to vote. They are too busy playing with their I-phones to take to the streets to protest anything. They have been absorbed by the media and anesthetized by video games and Facebook, the company that's actually spying on them. There are so many reasons why we should be in the streets protesting, I can't even begin to list them. So, yeah, I'm old, but at least I grew up at a time when music was actually played by musicians. And that Columbian Gold in "softpacks" was incredible. Nothing beats the smile that would put on your face.

ITA! I may not be old enough to be considered a "Hippie", but I am at heart! You guys are the best! You stood up for your beliefs, that is ALL!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm old enough to remember asking some friends to take this picture for me in 1976....

(the sign looks just like a big qualude, doesn't it?)

Attachments

• qualude highway xx.jpg
    qualude highway xx.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
No 'ludes didn't have black numbers, you know that. I use to take 2 'ludes put them on each side of my wisdom teeth and crush them both and wash them down with a shot of Jim Beam Black. Well that's how a Man not a manish boy does 'ludes. You know what we use to say don't you? You know you'd score if you gave her a Rorer
I spelt the drug co. name wrong didn't I?

sutra1

Yup, Hank spelled correctly. Loved them damn things, did you know you could smoke them? Have not seen nor heard about them in 30-35 years.

dddaver

Veteran
No 'ludes didn't black numbers, you know that. I use to take 2 'ludes put them on each side of my wisdom teeth and crush them both and wash them down with a shot of Jim Beam Black. Well that's how a Man not a manish boy does 'ludes. You know what we use to say don't you? You know you'd score if you gave her a Rorer
I spelt the drug co. name wrong didn't
I?

:laughing: Nah, fuck that, us REAL men used everclear, and lit that shit before downing the shot. But then again I only ever had 3 wisdom teeth, still do. I guess that made me only 3/4 wise, damn.

And yes, I did know you could smoke them. I knew a guy very well back about '71 or 72 that did that. Oh shit...that was me!

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
:laughing: Nah, fuck that, us REAL men used everclear, and lit that shit before downing the shot. But then again I only ever had 3 wisdom teeth, still do. I guess that made me only 3/4 wise, damn.

And yes, I did know you could smoke them. I knew a guy very well back about '71 or 72 that did that. Oh shit...that was me!

Lol, use to put everclrear in da bong:laughing:

oldman

Right on......

Right on......

Whatever it takes..... I'm hanging on as long as I can, but at 77 some of the thrill is gone. Nothing else I'd rather do, but I'm getting forgetful and lazy. Trying to stay alive until Tn legalizes..... maybe I can OD for the big trip....

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No, you're still a kid. Come back in 20 years.

This is exactly the reason why I enjoy hanging out with my "elders." You all help me to continue feeling young. I haven't even hit 40 yet, and I really do feel young still, but I've already begun yelling at clouds so I know I'm on the cusp. Also, I don't understand the music the kids listen to these days. So I'm an honorary old man, I tell you what.

91sn32Q.jpg

oldman

I think gardens have kept me sane all these years, I will admit. People come and go, but that next garden is right there in my mind.

If you're not yet 40, are you 'not yet' 39? Well, get ready the years start flying by ........

oldman