What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part 3

oldhaole

Veteran
Things Begin to Fall Into Place....

Things Begin to Fall Into Place....

Canni...only fair....Cheap ass way to grab your 50th

Gotta say...I admire that too.

And I see you guys have been busy. I see new, but very familiar avitars. Even Horseman. He's been here for YEARS...now he has his own spiffy avitar. Why's your horsey blind?

C dot C must be going downhill fast....BBBWAWAWHAHAAA.

I've been busy.... We're going to switch things around this season. The bottom holes, except one, have been planted with my Thai crosses. That leaves the gulch open for Rodney in the first two holes. Last year I got five lbs out of that hole. So I ain't sandbagging them.

The middle of the gulch has four Jack plants. I just shoved seeds into the dirt. And they all grew. Same with Rodney. We don't need no steekinn containers. And there are a couple of mystery sativas there too.

Now the house is settling itself out, It's time for Part 3.5...

We've already started.

Now all I gotta do is write the book....:artist:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Damn dude you totally jinxed me... Walked into the lanai tobight after a few beers and js w my family to find a 8-9" centepede hanging out waiting for me to let him in the house.

A shot to the head w a hammer stopped the beast. Dude those fuckers are creepy the bigger they are.... Maybe if i get a small one ill try taking out the venon stickers and making it a pet haha

oldhaole

Veteran
That Wasn't a Jinx....It was an Opertunity.

That Wasn't a Jinx....It was an Opertunity.

And you killed it! Damn! Should have put in in a jar and given me a call. Knock off the pinchers and we could have leashed it up and taken it for a stroll downtown. Watch people freak.
:laughing:

Think about it....an attack centipede. Not too many of them around.
Couldn't you use another pet?

Oh well.... Undoubtedly it will not be your last.

And it's a good thing you got it on the first crack....Those puppies can move fast when scared.

Later

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
'pedes kill and eat 'zards.

'pedes kill and eat 'zards.

Yeah that!
And don't evah grab 'em by the tail.
Faster n a Jackson's tongue.

Had a "put a saddle on it" sized orange one in da laundry room.
Tricked it into a bucket and added bleach.
Hell! that would have killed me right away.
Only pissed dat bugger off!
Had to hold it under with a stick 'til my arm got tired.
Set a brick on it's butt and went hunting for it's keikes.
20 minutes later, submerged in full strength Clorox, it's still callin' ass on me.
Gave me 40 fingers and da stink-eye.
Dang! Took 2 hours to die!

I no go barefoot at night.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Haha
Well i stepped on it w 285lbs of size 13 fun and it was still moving... Set the shoe on its back to give me time to retrieve the hammer and the partially smashed fucked carried my shoe a few inches. Woah. Terminator haha
Then came the hammer blow to its dome... Smashed it to oblivion (the head) I left it alone and went to bed. Came out in the am to pick it up and throw it away and it was still fiesty WTF!?! Indestructable....
next time im either making an attack centepede i dont need a pitbull to guard my roosters haha
That or ill put it in the freezer let it tighten up before i desegment it.
Thing is i am sure there is at least one more pede around... Gotta find...
Fuck !!!

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
He no abide a 'Pede a cide.

He no abide a 'Pede a cide.

Jus' hope her big braddah didn't see all dat.:bat:

He's got a real bad attitude for starters.
He'll let da air out of your tires den lay in wait unner da truck.

:fright:What's dat behine yer neck?!

Be vigilant.:)

Weeze

oldhaole

Veteran
One small advantage about upcountry is no centipedes. To high up for them. Black Widows we got....scorpions too.

A centipede sting will ruin your day. You don't think your hand will swell up that big...it doesn't seem possible. It is. When I was a kid I got nailed 4 times on my back sleeping outside....They had to med evac me to the hospital.

And Weez....Don't freak Grey out...we both know all he found was a small one. I don't think mom is planning revenge....YET.

At least I hope not.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
If he no sked, he no payin' attention.

If he no sked, he no payin' attention.

Actually da big ones jus' look scary.
An' da li'l brown scorpions ain't shit.

It's dem wee "blue" centipedes wit da long, skinny legs ya gotta avoid.
Shared a bed with one once.
Hit me twice in the ribs.

Auwie?!
You do not want details.
3 miserable, frikken weeks of details.:cry:
Best to avoid them altogether, yah?

Wiser Weeze (who turns da bed down every night under bright light)

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
he wasnt no small kine
i hope its a momma/papa and not a mate, cause then im pretty sure ill be running into en equally sized monsta. no thanks.
picture.php

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Ya went and smooshed junior. Dat will be trouble.

Ya went and smooshed junior. Dat will be trouble.

Well, geeze, you lookin' at dis O. H.!?

You gonna tell him, or should I?

Eh, lemme do it.

That, is small to medium for an orange one.

Beeg, is a bit longer than that size 13 shoe.

Wider, faster, n meaner too!

Found one half again bigger dan dat in my old washing machine.
You could hear da bugger walk!

Dat's why I got a new washin' machine.
Wit' a sealed door.

Aloha GS

Weeze da 'pedeophobic.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Damn
Ill try to not tell the wifey
Shoots

oldhaole

Veteran
Creating Order out of Chaos...Or Chaos out of Order.

Creating Order out of Chaos...Or Chaos out of Order.

By the end of this week the house will be planted and off to the races. For my records here is the order of strains so far.

Gulch...from top down.

1) Rodney x Rodney
2) Diesel x Rodney
3) HB x Rodney
4) Kush X Rodney
5 & 6) Old Unknown Sativa
7,8,9 & 10) Jack x Jack
11) Edit...Elephant ear

That ends the gulch, now to the new holes...

12) Strawberry Guava x Black Thai
13) Bloody Widow is Bloodweed x White Widow

Bottom rose garden

14) Bloodweed x Black Thai
15) Black Thai x Bloodweed
16) Strawberry Guava x Black Thai
17) HB x Black Thai
18) White Widow x Black Thai
19) Black Thai X White Widow
20) Jack x Rodney. Anything over 6 ft can be seen from off my property.

And I have # 21 in the top garden.

21) Bloody Widow

So that is the house line up. What do you know... the seeds I just dropped in the dirt, most grew just fine. I have four starts in each hole. As these grow, I will pick the best and kill the rest. It is early enough in the season, these should show sex young. If I have a couple of keepers in the same hole I may tie the main stems together and make two plants look like one.

Now the housework is almost done, It's time for the second part of my season.

I've been thinking about this. I could do a stand alone log, with all the bells and whistles, but it may draw the wrong kind of attention. Or I can stash it here...on Page 9, where you gotta search for it.
Everybody should have figured out by now that I am an attention whore, but slamming an extra thousand plants in the cane, and telling the whole world about it may just make too much trouble.

So I am going to put Part 3.5 here.

So I welcome you all to The Cane Chronicals. This is where I cover my ass and make damn sure I pull a harvest. Either the House or the cane....one should fly.

I also have a shitload of seeds, and I want to see what I created. Sure, they're home made crosses. But I'd bet there is a winner or two in there.

The first step in this ride is starts. We start them in waves of two hundred. The first wave of Sativas have already been done. We pre sexed these so they should be all girls. They were slid in this weekend, with no drama.

The cane is a numbers game. I would be satisfied to net a quarter of these plants. We will go through rips, rats, cane workers, tweakers, grasshoppers, Green Harvest, and everything in between.

Maui is the last Hawaiian island to still grow sugar cane. There are close to 35,000 acres in sugar. It is a two year crop, and planted in the dry lowlands. An area six miles wide by eight miles long planted entirely in sugar. All this land is plowed, irrigated, fertilized, and waiting for starts.

If hit the motherlode, or suck wind, depends on the rainfall brought in by the tradewinds. If we have a wet year, bonus time. Last year was dry, and I took a small early harvest, then everything went to shit. Way too dry.

Since last year was dry, HC&S delayed planting many of their fields last year. Now we had a wet winter, so they have everything planted. Tons of young cane, all ready for me to go to work.

I plant with a partner. This will be our twentyith cane crop. He rides, I work. Unless I have 4 wheels under me I am just cargo. We take many methods of transportation into the fields. From 10 speeds to 500LT quads.

If done right, we sneak in, do our trips and sneak out. A good day is one where you don't get seen. I can plant 25 holes an hour, more if the cane is young. These go straight into the dirt. We need to find a field where they are watering. The only thing we bring in is 14-14-14 time release.

There are many details I'm skimming over. As this clusterfuck progresses, I will fill in the blanks. It's a long season, and I'm going to have a lot of time to burn. I am hoping for dull...but with the cane, you never know.

The next two months will be madness. We try to do this in distinct stages. I want to have everything planted before we begin pulling males. The first males should be done before I move on. This has to go like clockwork, to be done right. If done right, nothing should fall through the cracks. If done wrong, things back up and chaos results.

So now you get two logs for the price of one. I will try to stick to one or the other in a post. If I let them bleed into each other, confusion will result.

This is the log I've always wanted to do. It will probably be my last year in the cane....I've said that before. So I would like to go out with a bang.

The pics are all old ones.

One last thing,

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any person, place of thing is purly coincedential. My psychologicist says I have delusions of grandure....My name is C. Sheen.

Now it's time for my meds.....:wave:

Attachments

• in the beginning 2.jpg
    in the beginning 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
  • in the begining.jpg
    in the begining.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
  • HC&S field water map.jpg
    HC&S field water map.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Field#2.jpg
    Field#2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 12
  • coffee third pick.jpg
    coffee third pick.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

LetsSeeYa

Oh yeah here we go.................

Oh yeah here we go.................

OH this is going to be a freakingman and great ride man:jump:and i cant wait. Things got better yesterday so il be starting a thread soon man.

8 Plants in my tent and will scrog them, but a tight fit.:tiphat:My tent is only 2x4x5', but i can get creative so im thinking big time indoor. Not to mention re vegging the plants that have been in 12/12 from the 1st of this month. Im cutting it close, but they are all indica Dombastards so finish fast and keep em short will keep the thieves at bay. I will put out one for them to see so they can take it and not see the others as iv got more then one area, them basturds:peacock:but il give one to keep my few:artist:. And they wont come back after thinking they got my grow, at least i hope this works........................

I am pumped your getting ready to get your go round started. I wanna see a field of green bro:)

Yep you da man bro, thanks for the great show:wave:

LSY

oldhaole

Veteran
Now It Gets Exciting....Not....First Cane Run.

Now It Gets Exciting....Not....First Cane Run.

Every once in a while you get an opportunity to do your trip with no other outside trouble. The tsunami gave us that chance. The day after, we knew the fields would be empty. All the cops were directing traffic, and cleaning up, so we had the cane to ourselves.

About noon we took a drive out to a friends house that borders the fields. There we stashed four boxes full of starts in the weeds. Went back home, smoked a couple of joints and waited til 3 PM. The watering crew gets off around then. They get off work, we go to work.

Today both us were on my partners ****** 650. It is a legal road bike, so we just drove to work. Right down the main drag, me on the back with a backpack of Time release, and my digging tool.

All the entry points are locked, gated and bermed, but we just slid around the gate and tooled our way in. We worked our way to the middle of the fields and found a head high field that was being watered. I got dropped off and went to work. Partner went and began bringing me the boxes of starts.

These are all my leftover Black Thai crosses and have been pre sexed, so one to a hole, three to a patch.

Walk another 50 ft and do it again. I have a pattern in my head, which I will repeat in each seperate patch. By the time I had the box of 25 planted, my ride was waiting for me with the next box. He had already found the next place to plant, and I just hopped on and was hauled to the next job site. We are trying to put them on a downhill line, so we can check them on bikes.

By dark I have a hunderd holes, with female plants, all done. That night it rained, erasing all our trails. One hundred down, nine hundred left to go. Easy as pie. Including travel time, in and out in less than four hours.

No chases, no headaches, no problems. Exciting? No. Quiet? You bet. Inevitably we probably tangle with security, but not this trip. Besides, when that happens I want to be on the quad. Two of us on the bike, and we were seen, I would have had to jump off and stash in the cane until dark, and been picked up after sunset.

Since now that the house is done, I am cracking two hundred holes (one hole contains 3 or 4 plants) a wave. This weekend another hundred go in. So at this pace we should be done in 10-12 weeks. Though I doubt we can keep that pace up.

We have gone from winter to summer weather in two days. The trades are cranking, up to 50 MPH, that makes planting simple, because the wind covers up the noise I make. Also we are getting a lot of rain back in the rainforest, so the cane has more than enough water. So far so good.

It's early, but we are on time and under budget. The early runs, the longer we are unseen, the more we can do, before we attract attention. Once they get on to us we must head to a different area. There will be a time where we will get in their faces and give them the chases they want. Dropping starts is not one those times.

I have areas where I have harvested in previous years, so I tend to head to those places first. The next wave is my Jack F1's, my Thai/Skunk F2's and Kush/Rodney F1's. I will plant each strain with it's own kind in it's own patch, so if there are any seeds...always a possibility with this many...they will be good solid crosses made.

The cane is long periods of sheer boredom, hard work, sweat, mud, and blood...usually mine....divided by short stretches of terror....or fun...depending on what you are riding at the time. Depending on how many things I can stack onto a single trip, I guesstimate we will make about 40 trips in. Lots of time to make trouble.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Lovin the updates man!
Hey it was moms bday yesterday so i had to hele home after work...
Ill be in touch this afternoon chief for sure

oldhaole

Veteran
The Plan Falls into Place.

The Plan Falls into Place.

The house is now done. All the holes have been redug, refilled, replanted, and now everything is growing and off to the races. Hooked up my drip lines, and we now go on autopilot.

The gulch has been enlarged with four new holes, the bottom is the same, two new holes have been added, and the top garden now has a single hole, instead of seven. Also harvested a few Kush stragglers.

The seeds I planted straight into the dirt grew, so everything is running on it's own....with minor tweaks from me when needed. Now we give them seven months to see what they turn into.

At the end of last season I made a few mistakes, now they should be corrected. It is fun when a set of abstract ideas in your head, are now stone, dirt and plants.

So now we need some baseline shots. All of these except the last are taken in the gulch. Next post will be of the bottom garden, and the new holes...I put those in my wifes vegetable garden.... That should teach her to dig up and chuck my roses last year.

Now that this is off my plate, I can focus on my next project.

LSY...you are more excited about the next phase. Me? not so much.
I see a long string of hard work ahead. I'll get excited when the work is done.

Glad to hear you're giving it another shot. You did get rid of that lose end you mentioned?

Grey...no pressure. Give me a call next week. It's never too late for a safety meeting.

HRM....The first pic is Rodney. Notice it is indeed growing, and the Rodney crosses are in the next three holes. I hope this meets with you approval. If it doesn't....too godam bad...:moon:

In the middle of the gulch I had to put a few holes closer than I'd wanted to so thats going to be Jacks nest. Four Jack plants in a group.

Holes 5 & 6 should regrow. Maybe a few others too. It looks to be an early Spring, so I'm not sure if it will work out like last year.

Attachments

• cane fire.jpg
    cane fire.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Jack's nest.jpg
    Jack's nest.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 13
  • baby Jack.jpg
    baby Jack.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Kush stragler.jpg
    Kush stragler.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Old school Hole 6.jpg
    Old school Hole 6.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Old school Hole 5.jpg
    Old school Hole 5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
  • gulch looking down.jpg
    gulch looking down.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 17
  • Rodney X Rodney. Hole 1.jpg
    Rodney X Rodney. Hole 1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13

LetsSeeYa

:jump:
The house is now done. All the holes have been redug, refilled, replanted, and now everything is growing and off to the races. Hooked up my drip lines, and we now go on autopilot.

Funny because i was going to give you a hard time about how its all down hill now. Just turn da hose on 20 min., then have nap:laughing:

LSY...you are more excited about the next phase. Me? not so much.
I see a long string of hard work ahead. I'll get excited when the work is done.

Until i read this. Id bet you have said to yourself ''if they only knew'', meaning us. I couldnt do it. So now im dancing for rain to pitch in. Next rain is on me bro. Then your fav part, the trimming. Lets hope you get to go fishing again this year. I might work all that out early before all the trimmers are taken up, lol.

Im only jealous i cant put my plants in the ground and then re veg. I think your first harvest would count as pure skill and the re vegging part is the ''know how''. At least thats how i see it? Im just thinking you got the re veg dialed right in. Correct me if im wrong.

I like the first harvest, because its more close to what i can get close to. But watching what had already been harvested create those monster tree/bush's i like too. I dont ever think i could ever get one that big, so to watch it, i much appreciate all you do. And yeah in the end im sure you do to:jump:

Glad to hear you're giving it another shot. You did get rid of that lose end you mentioned?

Yep on track now. I thought id post something, because i didn't get the NL up. But this will be my set up for now, but will always toss a few outside, to much fun:dance013:. But heres a few buds i hacked off that plant in the back. Pic of buds are from it, nice:blowbubbles:
Check out Charlie Brown's x-mas tree on the right, lol. Very buddy tho. But plant 2nd from left in front is very special. It was gifted but promised not to say from who. From C. who flys by the rules. lmao Anyway it came from good breeder and is to be da shit man. Indica. Will see.

Im rushing through this grow to get a scrog going. With what im using outside, i think it seems to be the best method for me. I will try and re veg whats in the tent and fill a screen with those while getting a new mother up.

Ok time to indulge:smokeit:

Great pic's OH, last one is beautiful:thank you:

LSY

Attachments

• LED BUD.jpg
    LED BUD.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 3 25 in.jpg
    3 25 in.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • a 1 led set up.jpg
    a 1 led set up.jpg