Just a bit of backyard fun in the sun

Tynehead Tom

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

woohoo! so last night a major storm arrived, high winds, lightning, hail, pounding rain.... and it is just now starting to abate and brighten up a little but. The good news is, the new greenhouse is unphased!! still standing, no drips or leaks and it's certainly warmer inside than the +8C I woke up to.
it's a small victory LOL as the first attempt a few weeks back was a hoop house that got flattened in a similar storm, so one can see why I'm a happy gardner right now :D

Tynehead Tom

went out the greenhouse just now to check on things, been pissing rain +10 C all day :(
everything looks good tho. Looking thru the seedling table and Lo and Behold , the Azure Rocket auto flowers are showing sex. They are in the pics, 2 per pot. The 2 bigger ones in the same pot are most certainly male. Healthy pods forming at the nodes from the top down. In the other pot, one azure rocket looks female and the other runty one, can't quite tell. They were seedbay freebies so no loss here and happy to give them space to finish up.
Going to be doing a big transplant session over next couple days, take advantage of the cloudy weather and do it while things are a little cooler.
stay tuned ;

Tynehead Tom

july 6 update
Got lots done, the big Purplelazerlite from the beige pot now shares a 18 gallon tote with a Black Tuna, another 2 smaller black tunas also into an 18gal tote, got the OJSDKB potted up into 3 gallons. Hmmmm lets see, got the 6 KPA clones potted into 2 gallons for now, might just leave them that way. Lot's of staking and tying back on the purplelazerlites and blacktuna. Little bit of LST here and there on all the bigger plants.
here's a bunch of pics, things look funny due to all the manhandling while staking and bending but in general, everything is pretty much forging ahead with good vigor.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

will get some close ups of all of them tomorrow

Tynehead Tom

hahaha, I keep finding new seedlings popping up in various pots in the garden LOLZ
was a head scratcher till I remembered that a few weeks ago when I potted up the LMZ seedlings, I mistakenly grabbed a couple handfuls from the bin I dumped the unsprouted starter pots into. Those were all the swordfish seeds that didn't sprout after 10 days or so. At least 5 have shown up in various pots and one new one was there an hour ago.
That's 33 days after I initially soaked them. fuggen crazy. They were super fresh, a couple weeks from harvest so I guess they just needed some time. A real eye opener is abandoning non sprouting beans. I usually ditch em after 2 weeks in the starter pots but have just learned a valuable lesson.
so this will bump my swordfish count up to 5 or 6 now? I'll have to check.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
july 6 update
Got lots done, the big Purplelazerlite from the beige pot now shares a 18 gallon tote with a Black Tuna, another 2 smaller black tunas also into an 18gal tote, got the OJSDKB potted up into 3 gallons. Hmmmm lets see, got the 6 KPA clones potted into 2 gallons for now, might just leave them that way. Lot's of staking and tying back on the purplelazerlites and blacktuna. Little bit of LST here and there on all the bigger plants.
here's a bunch of pics, things look funny due to all the manhandling while staking and bending but in general, everything is pretty much forging ahead with good vigor.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

will get some close ups of all of them tomorrow

Sock's with sandles ? Glad I'm not the only one, lol. Wife always gives me shit when I rock socks with sandles, lol.

Tynehead Tom

LOL they were the closest footwear when I headed out back, wife gave me the gears too :D
here's a few more pics from today of stuff not seen well in the other pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

and top views of the OJSDKB f2 (orange juice bud x sour dub x OGKB)
these look so similar, looks like they are very stable , time will tell
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

got a bit more done today, staked out the Shiskaberry F1 , preparing for a scrog type set up
picture.php

and I'm so intrigued by how totally different the Black Tuna looks when grown outdoors. Huge leaves and thick stems.
picture.php

picture.php

then there is my Black Tuna x Shiskaberry 3 f2 I've dubbed Swordfish . These two seedlings are so similar and I see the tuna leaves in these much more than the shiskaberry. Can't wait to see what comes out of these beans
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

and the Purplelazerlite leaves are HUGE too LOL , the tops almost look like they are getting ready to flower..... which is good because I start 12/12 light dep on Saturday
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

so I mentioned in a couple other threads I'm donating a bunch of beans to seedbay's gypsy fund.
I used the BC clone only Black Tuna (herijuana x lambsbread) and crossed it with a fast flower, female structured Shiskaberry 3 f2 male ([afghan the red/yellow x DJ blueberry] X afghan the red/the yellow) taken to f2 (?) by Ustad seeds. The male was covered in trichomes as an emerging seedling, roots well, passed multiple stress tests from overwatering to temp swings to surviving thrips, has been airlayered and more importantly, revegged very easily after I collected pollen the first time it was flowered. Passes the grade for sure and is a stable male with awesome structure.
here's some pics.
Shiskaberry 3 f2 male is the middle of the 2 plants in a row. one his left and right are his children, Swordfish seedlings at almost 7 weeks from seed. Behind them is the mom, Black Tuna. At this stage, I would say the Swordfish is heavily leaning to the mother's side going by leaf appearance anyways.
Both Swordfish seedlings are starting to show sex, should know what they are within a week.
picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

The one on the left is a female.

I can tell as it's got wide hips. :)

LOL ya never know ;)
I actually looked at the tops closely today with my magnifier and the growths look like mini calyxes vs staminate forms (balls) but they need some more time.
the OJSDKB f2's are starting to show as well so won't be long now and the greenhouse will be an all girl party.... well except for me :D

I was going to cull the OJSDKB males but a friend has asked me to keep em so they will end up dumping their pollen somewhere, at some point down the road.

anyhow, will do a full update with a crap load of pics on Wednesday.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
are all these seed starts finishing indoors or greenhouse or what? your season is the same as ours right?

Tynehead Tom

are all these seed starts finishing indoors or greenhouse or what? your season is the same as ours right?

I was going to update Wednesday on that but may as well do that now. full update Wednesday.
I have kicked all the non performers and anything that is lagging behind to the curb LOL
seed plants:
5 - Auto Betty Warp, I dunno, they were all the same size, runty, nutrient fussy and I just got bored with them fast. I killed them about 5 days ago.
4 - Auto Azure rockets , 3 males culled, one female, still in the greenhouse, very small plant but it's cool and doing well.
6 - LMZ , my cross of shiskaberry x Nuken (shiska x god bud) , was just a test really, to see what they looked like and to test germ rate. they are getting culled, there's just no room and I have lots of seed.
2 - Swordfish , my cross of black tuna and shiskaberry , males will be culled, females will finish in greenhouse
5- OJSDKB f2 will also finish in the greenhouse but males will be sent over to a friends place so he can play with them and make some seeds for himself.

All the plants started an 11/13 on/off schedule today as of 7:30pm, by manual light depravation. I'll have some pics of that set up later this week.
so ya, everything in the greenhouse that isn't gonna get culled, is gonna go full term. I get frost and freezing temps at night by mid September so need to get flowering underway.

indoors, I have my moms in there veg space.
seed starts indoors right now, Long Valley, Gluebreath S1 , Gorilla Bubble BX2, Headbanger x Ancient OG, and Fire Alien Kush are gonna be indoor, going into flower in about 6 weeks maybe 8.