What's new

Jumbo Stealth Grow

badgr

I need to order some Big bud seeds. Do any of you live in the states? have a good source i could buy seeds from? other wise ill just use some left over shiskaberry or fruit loop. :confused:

Looks good so far. Keep the updates coming. I can't wait until I have the space to build a cab. One thing I'm surprised I haven't seen yet is a carbon filter on the back side of the cab using a replaceable furnace filter.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
This is totally bad ass. I made a grow fridge. Nothing this complex though. This guy's got his shit together. Very nice badgr. You've inspired me, back to the drawing board.

badgr

Thanks guys, a furnace filter would not filter the air nearly enough. I didn't get around to making the cool tube today b/c i started smoking early. I just insulated the hell out of the utility area of the cab.

badgr

Sick today so i stayed home from work. But that won't stop me from working on my cab off and on today. Hope to have some good updates a bit later today. Also I'll be going through all my old posts and putting more detail's in.
Peace And Pot.

G

oh no! I hope its not the flu. eat some brownies and call me in the morning

D

Disguised

Wow!

Wow!

This is very cool, excellent work so far. Thanks for sharing.

You're doing really good work. Something to be proud of for sure. I'm working on a cabinet myself right now, a mixture of stealthy ganja growing and a pretty display for my books and bongs! I can't help it, I'm just a fiend for projects of all kinds! Keep it up!

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
badgr :wave:

excellent looking stealth grow. you mentioned 2 2' pyrex cooltube's. homemade or store bought? either way let me know where you get them. I need to get/build me some cool tubes.

badgr

Here is what i have done with my pyrex so far: installed three rubber 4" (had to cut down a bit) sewer line links or something, i found them at home depot for like 5$ each. I'm going to do two 400w hps inside of the cool tubes also will be using one of my stanley blowers up top to pull fresh air from the side of the cab. The air that passes through the cool tube doesn't need to be filtered b/c it never mixes with the plants just flows through the flex duct and cool tube then some regular metal duct to the blower and out the back.
My sleepy Guard dog

I drew this up in paint real fast(man i need to install photoshop paint kinda sucks)

through the veg chamber

View of cool tube blower

Air intake (I better stealth those vents soon)

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
badgr

where did you get those pyrex tubes? how do you mount the sockets? how do you change the bulbs? it is looking great!! I am going to do something similar with my veg box. and then with my flowering box.

badgr

where did you get those Pyrex tubes? how do you mount the sockets? how do you change the bulbs? it is looking great!! I am going to do something similar with my veg box. and then with my flowering box.

I bought my Pyrex Bake A Round tubes on ebay. They cost me any where from 15$ to 30$. I had three but one broke while i was making the fridge.
I haven't mounted the sockets yet but I'm going to fabricate some simple metal one with a low profile so the air doesn't get slower upon passing
To change the bulbs I will remove the center clamps and pull the tube off the dead bulb and then swap it out. Not real easy but could be worse.
I like having a good size veg box so I can have a couple different strain bonsai mothers to pull clones from.
My Idea's and creations are just my way. I will not know how well this all works until i start flowering a couple of plants but i have done all the math and this thing should grow some REEFER!
I'm working on my doors for light proofing/sound proofing/sealing each chamber. I am no where near being finished but here are a couple of pics. I used a ton more of that Insulation stuff. That crap is great, I heard that car audio guys use it to dampen the rattles and vibrations from their subs. They seemed to think it creates a huge difference. I agree b/c when i close one of these doors i can barley hear the blowers! now thats stealth. It's almost as quiet as my old Grow fridge but is 4 times as big.
Front of Veg door, these door's may only be temperary but i'm going to try them and see if they will be sutiable. They were fairly easy to make and are very sound proof, light proof etc... but they don't look the best. I guess i'm the only one looking but it never hurts to make things look more professional. And inturn work better most of the time.

View with door open, for now i'm just using duct tape to seal it up.

Door Jamb. Side intake view.

Inside of veg.

Started to make the one big door for the utility area. I may double insulate this one to further dampen the noise from the blowers.

tngreen

Veteran
whats the insulation stuff called? found at home depot i assume? sounds exactly like what i want for my cab. you def have the bar set high for stealth grows, cant wait to see what this produces. definatley following where this takes you!

badgr

The Insulation is great isn't it? It's a bit pricey (16$ a roll) but it's woth it. It's made by frost-king; self adhesive foam insulation.

Last edited:

Flutch

thats really looking great. I just picked up some of that relfectix too, I am using it in my micro grow. Can't wait to see you use this thing!

badgr

Well the doors you saw on one of my last posts have been thrown out. I decided to step it up a notch and buy some aluminum stock cost me like $200. I riveted a frame together on each level. Then i got my birch wood sheets and cut them nice and straight. I installed the veg and utility doors and i can't believe how nice it suctions up with the blowers on. It lowers the sound level to the point that i can have my cheep $20 room fan make more noise then this giant 600cfm pulling cab. I can't believe how quiet it is! The doors are going to look real nice. I will proubly have keyed locks for each section to really step security up a notch. Here are some random pics of my tear apart and rebuild of the doors.
Old Doors

Nice and worked well but didn't deliver what i wanted.

The almost finished frame in the veg chamber

the wood doors on all 3

Front look at the frame

That foam insulation really sucks to remove, i guess is sticks real well.

Kinda hard to tell but its a view of the cab frame and the ALU frame spaced for the board to slide in.

Another view of the process that Insulation Sticks

Side view of utility frame.

These doors are way better that the other options I was thinking of using. I will also be applying more of that magic duct insulation to the insides of the doors and frames. Seal everything real nice and tight Front to back Top to bottom.
I'm going to go watch some ground breaking 911 movie called lost change or something. If you want to get pissed at the Fuzz and Feds just watch this flick. All facts!

Last edited:

badgr

My buddy just dropped off a ton of shiskaberry seeds, looks to me like I will be getting some mothers started very soon.
SHISKABERRY!

Not a bad strain by any means. Great berry taste and fairly short flowering also great yields!