What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jujitsu anyone.......

808nokaoi

only do bjj in hawaii, but recently have focused on standup because i don't plan to compete... don't particularly like the culture of it in california to be honest. too "bro" or ppl trapped in the closet haha.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Most of the bjj people i know are professional types or nerdy kids.., idk about that in the closet bro shit; i have trained all over cali and havent experienced that issue. I train with the gi though, maybe no-gi is different

wordsux

been training for awhile

dealt with a ton of injuries and had to turn down 2 fights... head split open and had to get staples, tore a muscle in my neck, tore my rotator cuff, and broke my leg... its been a rough year and put on a bunch of weight..

on a positive note my friend and training partner ian just won his first belt and is looking like a monster! had a bad weight cut and still pulled it off!

I am more of a striker. I spend most of my time in jitsu and wrestling to figure out how to get back to my feet and punish you for taking me down. I specialize in muay thai. I just feel way more comfortable on my feet. Its time to get back to the gym and get back into shape, gotta start eating clean too. I am one fatass welterweight right now! lol

P

PinkFan

i am just about too start an Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Class but i am thinking gracie jiu jitsu..but in the same area there is 10th planet jiu jitsu ? any idea's which is best...

Bmac1

Veteran
Most, if not all schools offer a free week or so to see what they are about. I would do research on both schools and their instructors and then try a free week at each and then make a decision. Gracie has pedigree, no doubt. Eddie Bravo's 10th planet system is no joke either. It comes down to what fits you best.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day PF

Gracie = Gi BJJ .
10th Planet = No Gi BJJ .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

wordsux

See if you can find a Ribero school

ribero jiu jitsu > gracie jiu jitsu all day

ribero is all about the pressure passes

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
ribero jiu jitsu > gracie jiu jitsu all day

Thats is such a ridiculous statement. I wonder would you say that to ralph gracie? Or rickson, roger, kron, royce, renzo, etc...

And didnt you just get done saying you dont even train much bjj??

DarthFader1

Veteran
I do muay thai kb on a regular basis and my gym also offers bjj, but i duno aye, personally for me, the thought of rolling around on the floor with guys asses and crotches in my face has zero appeal to me. I definitely respect it as a martial art though, just not my cup of tea personally

darth

wordsux

I do muay thai kb on a regular basis and my gym also offers bjj, but i duno aye, personally for me, the thought of rolling around on the floor with guys asses and crotches in my face has zero appeal to me. I definitely respect it as a martial art though, just not my cup of tea personally

darth

haha yea I love muay thai... the grappling I do mostly because I have to. I get super excited for muay thai but for bjj and wrestling I have to kinda force myself to go lol

wordsux

So I have to ask you guys out there, I assume you must smoke or vape or whatever after training? I have been dealing with injury after injury this year and have been trying to get back to training full time (went from 175lbs to 220...) How much does toking after training help with swelling and pain? I really hate taking ibprofen because of liver damage..

I also have ALLOT of trouble sleeping after I train. Sometimes we go till 10pm and then I can't sleep till like 3 or 4, sometimes not at all! I figure cannabis after training will help me sleep, reduce inflammation, and reduce pain?

Also I have heard that some studies in Israel are suggesting that after head trauma in mice if cannabis is used it reduced the brain damage significantly. That could be a huge benefit to any contact sport!

Latest posts

Latest posts