What's new

Jojonetics - Trainwreck S1 & BlowFish S1

neongreen

Veteran
More layers!

More layers!

I've been at it again! :D

I layered both Trainwrecks earlier on. This *is* the last time, as the room to make more layers in the trenches is starting to run out.

Trainwreck #1

Before, with a small hole excavated, and the stem pinned down
picture.php

After covering with soil
picture.php

Since she was topped, the stem divided in to a few branches, of which I layered 3, making a grand total of 6 layers for this girl
picture.php

Trainwreck #2

Before
picture.php

After
picture.php

She's also going to have 6 layers in total, but I have yet to layer one more branch.

I'll get pics of the rest, and more of the TW's in a few days.

:joint:

J

JackTheGrower

Marijuana Botany

An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis

by Robert Connell Clarke Is the name NeonGreen..

I have that book here..

You take great pictures and your grow looks excellent.

So that bubbler.. It's nice.. I've been resisting "brewing" teas..

I didn't see it but what did you use to take those seedling shots?

Jack

neongreen

Veteran
That's the one Jack - thanks

And thanks for the kind words bro!

The bubbler seems to work well, but it might have been easier to stick to a bucket! KISS is good.

Tea (EWC based) is the key to my success (along with foliar feeding it and well amended soil) so far I think. In future grows I plan to use two or more containers for brewing, so I can give a different tea each day.

You need to get yourself one IMO... or build one... it's like a turbo-charger for organics.

Google "kis brewers". It's what the more experienced folks recommend since it's simple and it works, and good value to boot. I'd buy a couple if I was a bit closer!

I used a Canon DSLR and a macro lens for the seedling. There's more separation of subject and background (blur) because of the larger sensor (compared to "point n shoot" cameras) which makes for a cleaner shot :wink:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
neonG
Howzit brother..?? Very nice grow the task looks like a finicky biatch.. The TW jojo did awesome work with it.. R.I.P jojo.. And the blowfish is my fav she looks killer.. I like the old method your using.. I have a pack of blowfish.. Keep on keeping on brother great work.. I'll bbl peace...

I would give you some rep but i cant gave a to much already.. but ill be back to hit ya with some peace...

sack

neongreen

Veteran
Hey sack!

Thanks bro.

Yeah - the Taskenti really wasn't too happy till I mixed a bunch more perlite into her soil, and my growing environment wasn't great either.

Out of all the plants the Blowfish seemed to stand up to all the abuse I threw at them better than the rest. She seems identical to the previous Blowfish I had in every respect so far. I can't wait to see what these genetics do in flower! They all seem to love it outdoors!

Damn I wish Jojo was still around!

Good to see you sack. Stay safe bro!

ng

HazySunshine

Started reading this thread, and now I'm hooked. Lot's of good info and photos. I can't wait to see the final payoff.

BTW- great photos neon; very detailed journal.

Thanks for the entertainment!

peace

sackoweed

Veteran
neonG
howzit.. just checkin in see what a cookin... ill bbl peace..

sack

neongreen

Veteran
HazySunshine - Thanks. You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed reading through.

sack - Goin' good here. Hope it's all good in your neck of the woods. Have you got anything going this season? Thanks for droppin by bro :wave:

A little update...

It's been another week of mixed weather, mostly rain again! Where's the hot/dry summer they forecast? :drum:

Either way, I think the plants are growing pretty well considering!

Not too much to report other than I found some "leaf miners" munching on TW #2. I'll be keeping a close eye on her. Hopefully some "potions" should be ready soon which should put an end to it.

Trench 1
picture.php

Blowfish
picture.php

Trainwreck #1
picture.php

picture.php

Trench 2
picture.php

Trainwreck #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Main stem looking nice n phat
picture.php

picture.php

Taskenti
picture.php

picture.php

"Lowest" branch on the main stem
picture.php

HazySunshine

Those are some pretty thick stems there Neon! It definitely looks like all your hard work is paying off into nice healthy plants.

I never grew outside, so around what month does the sunlight become scarce enough to trigger flowering?

neongreen

Veteran
Thanks Hazy.

Yeah, the stems are definitely looking good. I think bending the main stems down probably helped beef them up. Ill bet the Task is even beefier, but thats under the soil, so not much chance of seeing that... at least for the moment :wink:

I've since pruned off most of the foliage close to the ground on the plants in trench 2, and put more soil over the stems, to encourage more roots so we won't be seeing those for a while either.

Going by the last time I flowered Blowfish outdoors it should start to flower around mid-August, and the first visible signs will be at the start of September. The others, we'll have to wait n see...

Not much to report other than I've descided to make some colloidal silver, and use it to reverse the sex of some clones I'll take from the plants, then use the pollen to knock up some of my girls branches. If it works out I should end up with some feminized beans.

Making CS is easier than I realized. Everyone should give it a try! Here's a link to some more info in case anyone is interested:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610&highlight=colloidal

I'll update in the next few days with pics.

:wave:

neongreen

Veteran
Pics from earlier on

Pics from earlier on

It's been another busy week here. As well as the 3 EM-FPE brews I have on the go, and the EM-A, I've started an EM-5 brew and a yarrow tea. I also got some yucca extract during the week which I've been using together with the foliar-teas. All the plants seem to love it!

I've also started some air-layers, to ensure I get some clones of these plants - I already took some clones, but 2 of them are not doing very well.

All the plants got sprayed with biobiz buzzoff to try and deter the bugs, while I wait for the big guns to brew.

Last but not least I finally managed to get my hands on some Glomus mosseae inoculum :woohoo:

These are the mycorrhizal fungi you need if you want them to work with Cannabis. It's a bit late in the day, with flower only a couple of weeks away, but better late than never!

Trench 1 - Blowfish & Trainwreck #1 (right)
picture.php

Trainwreck #1
picture.php

picture.php

One possible disadvantage with this way of growing, is if the plants are close to the ground, and you grow in an area that has pests like "flea beetles" (which is what I now believe is responsible for this damage shown in the pic above) that climb up the stem in the night, cheeky little fuckers!

The buzzof should see them off. It has neem and other nice things in it :yummy: I don't know why I didn't apply some before :wallbash:

Trench 2
picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The pic above is a shot of one of the air-layers. It's just some foil, with soil in it and a couple of tooth-pic sized sticks to to help make sure the branch does not rise above the soil in the foil. Hopefully this should work. I've never tried it before though!

Taskenti
picture.php

picture.php

I don't ever recall having a plant with this leaf structure before. It looks a little like "whorled" phylotaxy to me.

picture.php

Nice to see these guys on the plants, I just wish they did a night shift too! :D

:wave:

neongreen

Veteran
Cheers Low.

I think the buzzoff is working. Seems like there is less new damage now :)

Going to have to post a proper update in the next day or two. I can't believe the last update here was over a week ago. They've grown somewhat since then! :joint:

neongreen

Veteran
A layer too far!

A layer too far!

Apologies for the delay, but it's been very busy here of late!

Not too much to report, apart from I got some stakes for the girls, to help support them and spread them out a bit and to get some light in there.

Trench 1
picture.php

Blowfish
picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck #1
picture.php

Trench 2
picture.php

Trainwreck #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It seems that the last layer on this plant didn't take too well, although all the others seem fine. I probably shouldn't have layered the main top along with 3 side branches all at the same time, although TW#1 coped just fine with the same treatment.

Taskenti
picture.php

picture.php

:joint:

20north

taskenti needed a dehumidfier indoors where i lived i hope yours does ok the first run for me was distastorous got molds and small bud production bud now she yields alot i would keep an eye on her if she is important she can really go bad in humitiy i only dream of having this outdoors but thats if i lived in india i really hope it works out for you you might want to bring a fan out there if possible just to combat humidity in late flower with the taskenti

sackoweed

Veteran
Neon
Howzit brother.. The garden is looking good.. I really like yer style of growin.. hey i hit ya with some rep take a read.. peace..

I have a few old thread from 05 i believe..They are just buried with dust, been here since 04, but in those old threads pics are all deleted..

sack

neongreen

Veteran
:woohoo: they are blowin up now!!! Looks like plenty o' buds in your future :yes:
That Taskenti has come around well as well :D
:lurk:
Low

Thanks Low. I hope so! :D

taskenti needed a dehumidfier indoors where i lived i hope yours does ok the first run for me was distastorous got molds and small bud production bud now she yields alot i would keep an eye on her if she is important she can really go bad in humitiy i only dream of having this outdoors but thats if i lived in india i really hope it works out for you you might want to bring a fan out there if possible just to combat humidity in late flower with the taskenti

Hey 20 - appreciate the heads up man. I took a bit of a gamble with the Task. They forecast a hot and dry summer here. It's been pretty much the exact opposite though! It's only one of 4 plants anyway, and if it looks like it's going to be a problem, I'll take her early and make hash from her.

Neon
Howzit brother.. The garden is looking good.. I really like yer style of growin.. hey i hit ya with some rep take a read.. peace..

I have a few old thread from 05 i believe..They are just buried with dust, been here since 04, but in those old threads pics are all deleted..

sack

Sack - thanks for the kind words bro, and the rep!

I must be really blazed. I can't find where the comments are in my profile :laughing:

neongreen

Veteran
The trichs are coming!

The trichs are coming!

Hey all,

Once again, apologies for the lack of updates. I'll be updating more frequently from here on in if time allows.

Today's inspection of the girls gave me a nice surprise - the first signs of flower! :woohoo:

I think I have the magnesium deficiency more or less under control now, but the plants seem a bit hungry (despite almost daily foliar-feeding with full strength teas!) and one or two lower leaves have dropped. Apart from that, and I don't think it's a major problem, everything is looking great!

Blowfish
picture.php

Trainwreck #1
picture.php

Trench 2
picture.php

Trainwreck #2
picture.php

This girl is my favorite right now since she is the first to start budding...

about 4 days earlier than the BF last time round!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It was a bit to windy and dark today to get really good shots, but I'll try again in the next day or two if the conditions are better.

Taskenti
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts