What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joints

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I usually use element papers and cut it up with scissors. I feel that tastes the best. I do own a grinder. I don't like that it mangles everything and leaves a bunch of sticky in the grinder. But it does come in handy for rolling a joint quickly, in public, the dark or while tripping to hard to twist a joint. I also still keep a few glass pipes around for the same reason.

Unless the joint rolling is difficult it is by far my most favorite way to smoke.

William76

I normally don't roll a cone I fold it,but that's on special occasions or after a harder than usual day,normally its a third tobacco,2 thirds weed in a decent size skin(headquarters).don't like raws tho.have tried the elements they are OK but prefer my other brand.preference really.76

k-s-p

Veteran
I usually use element papers and cut it up with scissors. I feel that tastes the best. I do own a grinder. I don't like that it mangles everything and leaves a bunch of sticky in the grinder. But it does come in handy for rolling a joint quickly, in public, the dark or while tripping to hard to twist a joint. I also still keep a few glass pipes around for the same reason.

Unless the joint rolling is difficult it is by far my most favorite way to smoke.

I don't own a grinder either, have seen plenty of them, but feel the same way. I don't want to leave anything in them. I chop my buds with a utility razor blade on a thick square of tempered glass.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
buzzmobile, I rolled and smoked a few joints like that back in the day, but I never heard them called guppies! I used to raise real guppy fish, and I can totally see why those would be called guppies.
1689769386367-png.18867491

buzzmobile

Veteran
buzzmobile, I rolled and smoked a few joints like that back in the day, but I never heard them called guppies! I used to raise real guppy fish, and I can totally see why those would be called guppies.
Guppies happen when the joint roller is trying to keep the joint material from falling out the ends. Scarcity of buds is the cause. I found the Google image to be a 'pregnant guppy'.
Super cool cigarette holder!
I found that in a smoke shop on Magazine Street in New Orleans probably 15 years ago.

Brother Nature

Guppy... hahaha... I love that. Looks like every joint I've rolled after a drink or two...

Maybe it's a generational thing, but I don't smoke joints that much. I grew up in nor-cal, but we never grew up with joints. All the old heads smoked them but I always saw bongs and pipes more in use than joints with my peers. I tend to use the same now and only really roll when going out to social events. I do love a good swisher sweet though, when I want to get really high alone, it's like a rare delacicy where I live now.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Rolling papers make a big difference in taste. But what do you think of this article. It seems they say the finer it is ground, the higher percentage of THC is ingested, when smoking. Also, not sure if I can find what they mean by lasting longer.
Thoughts?
I agree with the statement, I have been doing so for the past 10 years, ppl get nervous when I start rolling cause I take ages, but my joints consume way less and get more people high.

BC LONE WOLF

I agree with the statement, I have been doing so for the past 10 years, ppl get nervous when I start rolling cause I take ages, but my joints consume way less and get more people high.

I am under the impression pinners get me higher than cones… and cones tend to waste 1/4 of the top since the bulk of the load is there. Just my impression. I still roll them Montreal bats or cones with them king size papers. I also roll no filters all the time cause that’s my old school habit.

When I run out of king size, I have to doble them zigzags and make a shorty; which is a 2 zigzag horizontal.

Latest posts

Latest posts