What's new

Johnny Chimpo's Reefer Madness

Thanks for the props Him!

Well ijdc, I ditched the autopots for a few reasons. I seem to be always trying different systems and approaches but I wanted to be more efficient with my space also and run less strains each time. I actually did think about doing rows of single Autopot buckets for the area I have now but went with the tables instead because of the expense which it turns out probably would have been close to the same....lol.

I asked Neptune in his opinion which of the three systems he was running at the time would work best for my situation....ease of use, possible vacation from time to time, and a few other misc objectives I proposed and he said the tables all the way, but in the end I've always wanted to try a run at tables anyways. I still have the Autopots stored away...someday i hope to take another run at them or at least use them for some of moms.

Heya cocktail frank...long time fosho! good to see ya and I can't tell ya how good it feels to be back in the mix.

JC

forty

Heya Forty....been awhile....good to see ya Bro! I plan on using good 'ol GH Micro and Bloom, with some Kool-Bloom added. I remember seeing your tables of Cush back in the day...ya got any tips or suggestions for me? This will be my first time flowering her.JC

good to see you back as well JC... :yes:

the gc was very cooperative, not picky at all, she rolls easy. branchy structure, lots of shoots so i only topped her once about 7 days before flipping and she bushed out nice at one per sq ft. shaved the lower stuff and she put out plenty up top under the light. she was a medium/light feeder for me in coco. some say she can be taken very early, as early as 50 days but i don't recommend it as she won't yeild near as much or hit as nice if left to go 60 days. beautiful, tight, sweet candy skunk smelling nugs... you're gonna like her!

Thanks Forty...that's more than helpful Bro. I didn't have any info on when to top or her feeding habits and I'm running at one per square foot so that's perfect. I do remember reading about letting her go longer in flower...my original plan was 56 days so if I chop her anywhere in the 56-60 day window depending on my schedule it should all be gravy. lol, I think branchy structure is an understatement for her....she's all over the place.

New thread you say ogenko? Good to see ya again! I actually had plans for that as soon as I got a little further along and things are ready to go. Mainly because it's been sooooo long since I've been posting and because the system I'm running is completely different. I'll link to it from this thread when I do it.

JC

EDIT 7/28/11: lost my cuts of Cush to my basement flooding during all the rain. The two Cush mothers are healthy and huge. I'm currently remodeling the room to accommodate an air conditioner, mothers and a bigger veg area. Will try again soon Stay tuned..............

Just read the thread from start to finish Johnny and wanted to say thanks for the journey.. I was just gifted a single autopot with smart valve and can't decide what growing media to fill it with. 70/30 compost/perlite or to go coca, and if I go coca in an autopot do I add perlite ? sorry just thinking outloud.

Once my present simple 4 plant soil/perlite mix grow of Burmese Kush, lst'd and topped is finished under 400 hps (had to drop from 600 due to heat issues in summer).. yeah we actually got some sun in ireland this season.

I'll be a regular if you got room for one more, thanks again for taking the time to go into so much detail throughout and my mouth has been open like a kid in a candy shop.

Hiya soilgrower :wave: glad you enjoyed....we always have room for more around here. I actually just pulled my Autopots out of storage and Might use them for my moms coming up...I really enjoyed them overall. I think the original directions that came with mine suggested a ratio of somewhere around a 50/50 coco/perlite mix, but don't quote me on that as it's been a loooong time since I read the directions. I think that's roughly what my ratio usually was around. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I've also been checking out the Blumats as that might be the other route I go for my moms...still undecided.

Here's the search for Autopots....You will probably find a lot of different mediums that people use and find something to suit your growing style. I still have to go through and read some more and I might end up trying something else.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=14208958

Hold Your Fire Good to see ya brotha! :D Hope your summer is treating you right.

How about a quick update since I'm here. I had some flooding in my area of the US and my basement took some water in. My cuts unfortunately didn't make it. The moms I have are nice and big so I'm going to try again. I just got another larger Clonebox for the area where my closet currently is....but it'll be removed shortly. Still just piecing the grow together as time and money allows. I'm thinking about picking up an EZ-cloner 60 site within the month. Otherwise not too much else going on my way....pretty casual summer overall.

JC

forty

bummer on the flood man... not much you can do about mother nature. hope you get up n runnin soon.

Me too Forty! If anything it gave me a chance to reevaluate my room design making a more efficient design for mothers and clones. Shouldn't be tooooo long now.

JKC

Edit 9/1/11: I have some family issues (health wise) to deal with in another state so I'll be offline for a couple months. Hope everyone has a nice holiday if I'm not back by then.