What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Johhny's first PC grow

johnnybsmokin

todays update

todays update

Hi all, sorry for not updating for a while, had family over for the daughters 18th and not been able to do much. Been hard enough just to find time to water my baby's...lol

A couple of pics of my first plant, been in flower now for 10 days and to my pleasure is not stretching as I thought it might.

It has 4 main stems growing and if need be I will lst them if they get out of hand.
What do you all think??, still has not showed sex yet but am keeping fingures crossed.
cheers :gday:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
She is looking right on track bro..Great job for sure..as long as she is close to the lights, she won't stretch too much..
keep up the great work johnnybsmokin!!

johnnybsmokin

Hey BC, thanks m8 for the advice. I am keeping the plant within 1 inch of lights. They are almost right up against the heat shield actually.
Temps are staying at about 28/29 deg celcius so am pretty happy so far.
Cheers

Last edited:

johnnybsmokin

Hey there Ghost, my baby is comming along nicely will try to get some pics today or tommorow for you. The 2 cuttings were doing well untill I planted them into soil and now it looks like I have killed them, never mind if the plant is female I will reveg her and try again then. I think it should show its sex very soon as the heads are starting to form, fingers crossed its a girl.

I have a second seedling growing nicely now, agian some pics latter, and will try taking some cuts from it when it is ready.

Cheers :gday:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey johnnyb!! Looking forward to some pics but I am glad all your ladies are doing well..
take care

johnnybsmokin

Update

Update

Hi all, BC and 4&20.
Time for update with pics this time..lol.

My not so little baby is doing well, no signs of pistles yet but most importantly no balls either.

Now I took another cutting today seeing as my others died as I would like to preserve this strain incase. This photo shows the plant after cutting and back into it's hidie hole.

As you can see I have also started to lst it in case of height problems. After spreading the stems out I would not of had any room for the 4th branch anyway. Now for a pic of the cutting and its new home for now.
First having a little drink after the cut.

And this time into a peat puck ( no transplant shock this time )

And planted into it's cup.

And as can be seen at the back of the next photo, in place with a little humiditie dome.

The front plant, of above pic, is my new seedling having a bath of plain water. And some pics close up.

So as you can see progressing slowly but most importantly every thing looks healthy I think. The main plant (pheno 1) has been in flower mode now for 14 days so I would imagine it should start to show it's sex at any day now and the seedling (pheno 2) is now 11 days from sprouting.
Fourandtwenty, I have a small scrubber instaled in tne cab right behind the fan in the "utility" area. The fan is a 54 fpm rateing so as yet no smells, but it does put of a little noise.

Ok cheers to all and grow safetly:gday:

johnnybsmokin

It's a GIRL

It's a GIRL

Good morning all, Zest BC and blood, thanks for the kind words.

It's official, my "baby" is a Girl, handing out the cigars to all. Checked this morning with a magnifing glass and I could see what I have been waiting for, little white pistle's yaaaayyyyy. Now Johnny's a happy chappy .....lol.

On another bright note, the cutting I took yesterday is sitting up proud and healthy in it's humidy dome so if it takes I have it preserved for now. If this one doesn't take I will have to reveg the main plant after it has finished.

Once the pistles are showing better I will try and take a nice close up pic for your pleasure. Untill then, keep safe.

Cheers.:gday:

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
What can I say johnny? Your right on track man. Everything looks great. Real nice work with the plants. Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be OK my friend.

johnnybsmokin

Hey Ghost, thanks m8 I am hppy so far with the results. Took a couple of pics this morning for your pleasure.

What do you think??

Cheers:gday:

Ghostwolf

Veteran
That's cool johnny. They look similar to my new ones. How big are they?

johnnybsmokin

Hey Christoph, B00m and Ghost, thanks for the comments guys.
Ok today I have had to lst and tie back some growth as am pushiing for room in the cab. Height and width are becoming a problem, but with a little tie down and tie back towards one another will do the trick. Had to cut 2 fan leaves off today or they would have become "electric fan" food lol. Might have ended up with finely chopped herb otherwise.

A question for those that know it. When your genetics say grow period is 8 weeks or 10 weeks etc, is this from shift to 12/12 or from pistil's showing?? I want to get an idea of finishing times so I can start to organize my next lot of plants to go into flower.

I will follow up with some new pics tomorrow or so, until then grow safely my friends.

Cheers :gday:

johnnybsmokin

Sorry Ghost I didn't answer your question on plant size did I. If I untied the branch's they would be about 9 in. tall (about 230mm) and probably about the same size sideways as well. Starting to get very crowded lol...

Cheers

Ghostwolf

Veteran
That's pretty good johnny. I just couldn't tell how big they were.