What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joe Biden Thread

Cannavore

Veteran
the richest 10% of the country owns 90% of the stocks. this doesn't really disprove the fact that the economy still sucks for most normal people. so yeah, elitist.

Hiddenjems

If someone is a single parent making $16 per hour, they are screwed. It takes two, somebody else is also responsible for those kids. Cleaning ladies make $40 an hour where I live. That's not elitist, that's just reality.
Inflation is regional also.

Where I live the single mom makes $16 an hour, but move in ready 3 bedrooms sell for $100,000.

It’s possible with programs like the one bill clinton signed. In the 90’s, single working, or enrolled in college parents could get free childcare.

It’s rare to hear any politician today speak to working poor people. They speak to every class but the purely economic.

Hiddenjems

the richest 10% of the country owns 90% of the stocks. this doesn't really disprove the fact that the economy still sucks for most normal people. so yeah, elitist.
Exactly. Somewhere between 1/3-2/3 of Americans are a missed check away from being homeless.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It’s rare to hear any politician today speak to working poor people. They speak to every class but the purely economic.
It's all true what you say. As public education gets shittier, more and more people find themselves in this position as the middle class gets smaller and smaller. Biden addressed this wanting to bring taxes back on billionaires. There's no reason these people shouldn't be paying the lions share so there is money for social programs, infrastructure, and a safety net for the working poor.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did y'all hear about this little nugget?

Under the plan I'm announcing today, we will take the billions and billions of dollars that we will collect by taxing, fining, and suing excessively large private university endowments, and we will then use that money to endow a new institution called the American Academy.

Its mission will be to make a truly world-class education available to every American, free of charge, and do it without adding a single dime to the federal debt. This institution will gather an entire universe of the highest quality educational content, covering the full spectrum of human knowledge and skills, and make that material available to every American citizen online for free.

Let's see, steal billions of dollars from highly respected world institutions and give everybody a six week course on how to be a real estate mogul. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Hey Donny, America fired you for a reason.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been taking a medication for a while and last month the cost went through the roof making it impossible for me to continue using it. I had a Dr apt to discuss other options. The 3 other options were between 4K$-6$k a month. I had to go with a generic medication that was not on the list of best options. Health care is BS and it is purely profit driven. No one can get the best health care if you don't have the money in the USA. Out of the wealthiest countries in the world, the USA is last.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Where I live the single mom makes $16 an hour, but move in ready 3 bedrooms sell for $100,000.
Where are 3 bedroom homes selling for $100,000 these days?

I put 100K as low and high range of prices for 3/2 homes. Plug in 100K to 200K and see what's available.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've been taking a medication for a while and last month the cost went through the roof making it impossible for me to continue using it. I had a Dr apt to discuss other options. The 3 other options were between 4K$-6$k a month.
Many medical insurance plans have a catastrophic zone where you hit your max out of pocket and then they pay most of the cost. I hit it last year.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Out-of-pocket max doesn't help living on a retirement income. I would be homeless having to pay that until the max out of pocket is reached. It's all based on profits. That is not good healthcare.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Oh I get it and pay dearly. Lived in Europe for many years. Max script charge was $15 and my doctor made house calls if I was too sick to go. This corporate rip off has to stop along with the dark money they slip to politicians. Big Pharma and oil are the worst.

Hiddenjems

Where are 3 bedroom homes selling for $100,000 these days?

I put 100K as low and high range of prices for 3/2 homes. Plug in 100K to 200K and see what's available.

Hiddenjems

Out-of-pocket max doesn't help living on a retirement income. I would be homeless having to pay that until the max out of pocket is reached. It's all based on profits. That is not good healthcare.
It’s not being profit based that destroys it. It’s the regulators coming from within the industry that kills medical care in the us.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s not being profit based that destroys it. It’s the regulators coming from within the industry that kills medical care in the us.
Nonsense. The only country that charges such high prices is the USA. The same medication taken in Canada is $200 for me here in the USA it is $1000. THAT IS PURE GREED.

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

My son was on a medication that our insurance paid $800 a month for. We moved and were in between insurance, so we had to pay cash. The cash price was under $250. It woke me up to how the industry works here in America.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
so we had to pay cash. The cash price was under $250.
i've bumped into this myself. i was enrolled into a "prescription plan" by an employer. my blood pressure meds were $28 a month, not bad, right? pharmacist told me "you know, if you ignore your plan and pay cash, it's $4.00 for a month." i was paying $24 per month for EACH prescription for the "plan" to "manage" things...:mad:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Oh I get it and pay dearly. Lived in Europe for many years. Max script charge was $15 and my doctor made house calls if I was too sick to go. This corporate rip off has to stop along with the dark money they slip to politicians. Big Pharma and oil are the worst.
(y)(y)(y)

Latest posts

Latest posts