What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joe Biden Thread

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Michigan I see fast food places and Menards advertising $13-$13.50 starting pay. Is this what everybody else is seeing in other states?[/QUOTE

Even McDonalds by me is $12 ,and higher for overnights.

CNA's in my area average 15 to 17 per hour.

I haven't seen anyone pay under $10 in quite some time.

packerfan79

Veteran
Costco just went to $16.

Weren't you just saying increasing Minimum wage would only increase inflation, thus hurting everyone, and helping no one?

Most don't realize the actual Minimum wage is 0.

CBO, says increasing Minimum wage to 15 will cost 1.4 million jobs.

States are welcome to pay whatever Minimum wage they desire, one of the great features of a federalist system. Don't like something in your state, move to a state the you do like. That's what I am doing. Crying about the shithole I live in changes nothing.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
[QUOTE
I haven't seen anyone pay under $10 in quite some time.

come to Tennessee. we are a "right to work" state, which really means "you'll work at the wages we offer or you go the fuck home". probably the most industry friendly/employee surly state in the country. lots of factory jobs etc here start at $8.50 or thereabouts. most get laid off before any holidays to avoid holiday pay.:petting:

growlegal

Veteran
Weren't you just saying increasing Minimum wage would only increase inflation, thus hurting everyone, and helping no one?

Most don't realize the actual Minimum wage is 0.

CBO, says increasing Minimum wage to 15 will cost 1.4 million jobs.

States are welcome to pay whatever Minimum wage they desire, one of the great features of a federalist system. Don't like something in your state, move to a state the you do like. That's what I am doing. Crying about the shithole I live in changes nothing.

Jobs are scarce
Minimum wage is an unlivable poverty level with two jobs
but lets give the wealthy a tax break and save the confederacy
The right is a cult
:dancer:

mowood3479

Veteran
This isn't a bill for COVID, but rather increase standard of living. Even @ $12.00 and hour, that could help others who work 2-3 jobs at $8.00.

Minimum wage decisions should be left to the states. Louisiana and Mississippi (love typing that!) is different than New York, due to cost of living.
I despise seeing medical jobs starting at $10 an hour when training/certification/professional licesure is in the package.

The current min. wage has not kept up with inflation or economy advances.

Bureau of Labor Statics: The real minimum wage (or wage adjusted for inflation) is 25% lower than it was at its peak in 1968.

Oh look it’s the guy who said it was laughable that joe Biden would further escalate our perpetual war in the Middle East.
I guess we are all laughing now
(Unless ur a Syrian bi poc who just had their children blown to kingdom come)

I mean sleepy joe held out for 34 whole days..that’s pretty good for a rabid Warhawk

packerfan79

Veteran
Jobs are scarce
Minimum wage is an unlivable poverty level with two jobs
but lets give the wealthy a tax break and save the confederacy
The right is a cult

You're an idiotic ideological extremists. Jobs are scarce because Democrat governors idiotic authoitarian lockdowns. You have no clue about economics, or anyother complex issues, run along kiddo. Go, chase your fantasy conspiracy theories. Maddow has your next conspiracy theory ready tonight.

growlegal

Veteran
You're an idiotic ideological extremists. Jobs are scarce because Democrat governors idiotic authoitarian lockdowns. You have no clue about economics, or anyother complex issues, run along kiddo. Go, chase your fantasy conspiracy theories. Maddow has your next conspiracy theory ready tonight.

I love your leaders golden statue :angelshug:

mowood3479

Veteran
I love your leaders golden statue :angelshug:

Yes that’s the big issue at play..
It’s not the bombs we are dropping...
Or the kids in cages
Or the lack of covid relief
Or the brutal and ineffective lockdowns

It’s the golden effigy of trump dog at some conference..

growlegal

Veteran
Yes that’s the big issue at play..
It’s not the bombs we are dropping...
Or the kids in cages
Or the lack of covid relief
Or the brutal and ineffective lockdowns

It’s the golden effigy of trump dog at some conference..

Lockdown LOL
Just open up and try to get folks into your restaurant
Only cultist will be there
Thank god for the Democratic Party saving us from false gods like Trump:skiiing:

mowood3479

Veteran
Lockdown LOL
Just open up and try to get folks into your restaurant
Only cultist will be there
Thank god for the Democratic Party saving us from false gods like Trump:skiiing:

Thank god for the one true party.
Oceania has always been at war with eastAsia.:dancer:

Im'One

I'm not sure what the goal is...this guy lost the popular vote twice, the electoral college, even though every possible effort was made to slow down the mail, close polling locations, gerrymandering the shit out of all red states....so when democracy doesn't work for them they don't choose new policy but instead abandoned democracy?

Im'One

And democratic party is now communism? What the phock ever...it's already falling apart there's no unity of thought in the dem party, never has been. Only the pubs suppress dissent in their own ranks by censuring the members.
Tim kaine is attacking biden foreign policies, co harris is pissing off joe machin, and bernie's fixing to side with the Republicans on the covid bill

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Country has changed and will never be the same.There will be fences and armed guards around D.C. for quite awhile.You would undergo less vetting walking into this country than taking ya grandkids on a trip to DC

Latest posts

Latest posts