What's new

Joe Biden Thread

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Every Good Boy Deserves Favor!

Every Good Boy Deserves Favor!

But wait, there's more, the payoff .......

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-89...eaving-network-join-Biden-Administration.html

REVEALED: The cable news contributors leaving their roles to join the Biden Administration - as MSNBC drops analyst Jon Meacham for failing to disclose he was writing the president-elect's speeches

MSNBC's Barbara McQuade, Richard Stengel and Dr Ezekiel Emanuel have left the network to join the Biden Administration

CNN's Jen Psaki also left on-air role to join the Biden-Harris transition team as a senior adviser

Jon Meacham will also no longer serve as a paid contributor on MSNBC after he failed to disclose that he had been helping write Joe Biden's speeches

Meacham most recently commented on Biden's victory speech, without telling MSNBC of his involvement :D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All those contributors get paid bank. All of the MSM news anchors are millionaires. The lowest salary is Erin Burnett at $3 million, the top is Sean Hannity at $40 million a year.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Because alla MSM is heavily biased towards one side or the other depending on which audience they are trying to attract to purchase the products being sponsored by their advertisers, it's just that cold for one thing.

They ALL have an agenda, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC and they are carefully packaging their product (their highly edited version of the news) so that you buy it!

..... not to mention the news they choose not to report because it doesn't fit their narrative and would detract.

Like CNN recently before the (cough, cough) choice of Vice Presidential candidate advertised a then upcoming special featuring a totally created photo mock-up of 3 candidates standing in a row.

On the left side was Elizabeth Warren looking pale but with a 'nice smile'.

On the right was Mayor Pete, looking pale but with an identical 'nice smile'

..... but in the center was Kamilla Harris with her body turned to the side so she jutted forward in front of the others looking really bright-eyed dynamic with a megawatt smile.

Now, no one had to actually watch the show to figure out who CNN was pushing YOU to want!:D

lol, my point exactly, like just today when MSNBC's highly educated/ respected historian, author, commentator Jon Meacham just got outed for writing alla Joe Biden's speeches!

Do you think he was unbiased in his commentary?

None of them are, they all have a bias whether it's conscious or unconscious.
I'm not from the US so tend to listen/watch world media more than US media. I agree that there is certainly some biased media outlets, however a lot of international media goes out of it's way to be unbiased. I have a family member who is a journalist, and have met a few in the industry. The journo's I have met have very high ethics around unbiased reporting, and genuinely try to present two sides. To write off all mainstream media is as ridiculous as relying on non media sources. I would agree that some outlets are clearly biased, Fox for example, and to an extent, the Guardian. Media ethics seems on the decline, but it's not totally gone.

What makes you think that people googling random sites as their main source is any less bias than mainstream media? Because that's what I see people do. I often hear "do your own research", but when I dig down into that what people are actually doing, it is seeking out sites that agree with their preconceived world view. In other word seeking sites that reinforce what they already believe in. All this Q stuff is a classic example. Misinformation and lies that people believe simply because it isn't msm.

Unfortunately it seem to have got to the point where people aren't even believing basic facts that they are taught at school. All this is playing into the hands of the Trumps of this world who push their own alternative facts.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

igrowone

Veteran
apparently fox isn't the far right's favorite anymore
all those opinions that Trump would prevail, betrayed by their own!
so there's newsmax, a smaller operation but has what a raging Trumpet needs
denial! Biden didn't win, it's all a deep state/Q operation
their rage is building, where will it end?
edit: I suppose we are seeing the true form of TDS - hope it's not terminal

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The Daily Mail reports that the new Trump Library will be at Sing Sing Prison as part of an effort to enlighten the prisoners.

h.h.

Veteran
apparently fox isn't the far right's favorite anymore
all those opinions that Trump would prevail, betrayed by their own!
so there's newsmax, a smaller operation but has what a raging Trumpet needs
denial! Biden didn't win, it's all a deep state/Q operation
their rage is building, where will it end?
edit: I suppose we are seeing the true form of TDS - hope it's not terminal

Sean Spicer working for Newsmax. Sarah Huckabee working for Fox, but heaven forbid anybody from CNN helping Biden write speeches. Directed outrage.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
......heaven forbid anybody from CNN helping Biden write speeches. Directed outrage.

It was MSNBC Meacham worked with and the problem was not so much that he wrote (not helped write) Biden's speeches but that he didn't disclose that fact. ;)

X

xavier7995

It does seem rather trivial, but since we (whatever political side) do hold our news agencies to a bit higher standards than outlets like the epoch times, its an ethics violation on the journalism side. Awfully minor thing to pick at, but eh, failure to disclose something like that would be an ethics violation. Though...lol, it isnt like a real law, its a self regulation type thing to have your stories taken seriously, given the divide we are in and what side you are on, we each view the other as consuming news that is committing massive violations of the central tenet of that code of ethics to just not lie on a daily basis.

Everyone has speech writers, and folks go back and forth working within government and then going on to be commentators on whatever news station and sometimes back. So there is no issue there, better than when they go become lobbyists.

h.h.

Veteran
They’re not news stations. They’re political commentary. I have very little doubt on who on each station is pulling for who.

X

xavier7995

Well I dont either and I certainly get what you are saying.

Meh. Its a flimsy complaint and I am not going to try and defend it. Rather absurd actually in comparison.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

X

xavier7995

Man the actual nazis getting pissed at all the larper nazis that started showing up back in 2016/17 made me laugh so much.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Man the actual nazis getting pissed at all the larper nazis that started showing up back in 2016/17 made me laugh so much.

maybe we could organize some competition between them, a paintball war, an intramural knife fight or something to let them blow off steam...:good:

igrowone

Veteran
we are approaching an endgame here
Trump must be smelling the threat of prosecution
and he does have animal cunning, survival trait I suppose
self pardon? the legal opinions I see say it probably won't work
the alternative - resign and get Pence to do the deed
wouldn't it be hilarious to have Pence 'agree' then knife the old Donald in the back?
that's how I would write the final episode anyway