What's new

jiffy peat pellets SUCK

Kush King

For sure if your a newbie dont use the peat pucks (Jiffy7s) U need to keep you humdity little high so they dont dry out once they dry out that it yourp lants are done...

It takes trial and error to get shit right :) its ont about what strain... ALL strains germ the same

RuralRoute420

info on pucks

info on pucks

i had a post a while back about these peat pucks, here are some pointers from CaptainJack, the subject was bell peppers, but still good advice:

make sure you DONT directly mist the seedlings, as this can cause dampening-off, what you want to do (with any seedlings under a dome) is mist the dome walls and cover, and NOT the seedlings.. i repeat, NOT THE SEEDLINGS... one last time, NOT THE SEEDLINGS.

water from the bottom with the same water you use for your cannabis starts. tap works fine in most cases. i add a nice splash of h2o2 to the water every time i am moistening my medium for starts..keeps pathogens at bay that inhibit root growth.

youll likely get a bit of green mold on the surface of the cubes as time goes on, dont worry about it unless its moving to the plants.

tips:

keep your flats 12" inches above the floor, 99% of all pathogens in the home and office lay within 12" from the floor. Mold spores, pollen, dust, mites, all the nasties..

keep fresh air exchanges up.
this means FAN YOUR SEEDLINGS AT LEAST 3 TIMES per day, never letting the plastic cover sit on any longer than 2-3 days or you risk a holocaust via dampenin off

the seeds will sprout even if on the soil's surface, although i recommend expanding your pucks, drain excess water after theyve fully expanded (give it a half hour), fluff the pellets up by rolling them between your thumb and forfinger to loosen the medium, then shape it back to a normal shape,peel the netting back a bit so its neat and the top of the net even with the surface of the peat, a fully exposed surface, ya dont just want a hole in the netting , ya gotta open it up all the way so the top is fully exposed or again, you risk dampening off disease that much more-the rolling between your fingers will accomplish this 'opening up' for the most part...........the next step is taking something like a toothpick or nail and making a hole in the center of the puck no more than a 1/4 inch deep, add your seed to the dip, sprinkle dry peat over the top so its an even surface, and mist lightly,(i usually do 3 peppers to a puck tho, same idea, just three dibbles rather than 1, evenly spaced.)