What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

I have never seen this level of early frost in any of my previous grows. I think two things are the cause. First, very good genetics out of both Barney’s and Ethos. Second, I have heard LED really brings the frost much better than HIDs. So far, I am a believer!

BA52E457-3A3D-4974-8566-875F28371F40.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

People talk about the CG having an outstanding purple pheno. Looks like one of my 5 may be it. It is hands down my frostiest lady! Here it is next to another CG.

7E840DC8-8165-4BDE-A5F3-89CE58B78715.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

I took this picture on Tuesday. Everything is looking good but this one Watermelon Zkittlez is showing what I believe is a Calcium deficiency. When I watered Tuesday night, they all got a weak shot of Cal-Mag. I also threw in some hydrogen peroxide 3% to help with the gnats. They are nearly gone and I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any remaining eggs/larvae in the soil so I’m giving H2O2 a try.

Happy growing everyone!

28DDD71D-8EDB-45D7-AB3C-6AD50FAA1277.jpeg

Attachments

• CC569A30-3CCA-41D0-8507-4FA5F1531100.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 68

Crazy Chester

Just looked up both and they sound fantastic! Is your Roswell from Subcool? G13 x Space Queen sounds like a winner! Space Queen was one I wanted to run years ago but never had the chance. Good luck with your grows
It's my first time running Roswell. When I was offered a trade to get them, I looked it up like you did and looked at her ingredients - and I thought - these probably will not suck! So far so good - I did five seeds - one didn't make it and the other four turned out two girls and two boys. I put all four into one ten gallon pot. About two weeks ago I got them sexed and cut out the two males, leaving the two girls side by side in the pot:
IMG20220729193536.jpg

She's got some big leaves:

IMG20220729193551.jpg

I'm excited about your grow - just a few more weeks to go - I hope it exceeds your expectations!

Crazy Chester

I took this picture on Tuesday. Everything is looking good but this one Watermelon Zkittlez is showing what I believe is a Calcium deficiency. When I watered Tuesday night, they all got a weak shot of Cal-Mag. I also threw in some hydrogen peroxide 3% to help with the gnats. They are nearly gone and I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any remaining eggs/larvae in the soil so I’m giving H2O2 a try.

Happy growing everyone!

View attachment 18735716

I think you are right Jerry - deficiency or gnats - but, I don't think it will hurt the crop too much by harvest.

Jerry_Garcia

Good work, just here to say hi again. Its been a while. Is that your own cross? And Chester,how are things going for you? I hope you're both doing well
Peace stiffy
Hi Stiff! Thanks for stopping by. These are not my own crosses. The Watermelon Zkittlez is from Barney’s Farm and the Cherry Gar-See-Ya is from Ethos. I am growing both from seed.

Jerry_Garcia

I believe today makes 51 days since flip. I’m quite certain the deficiency I ran into was Calcium. I’ve been giving them all a dose of CalMag with the last few waterings and I think that has helped. All are starting to swell nice and these buds are rock hard! The overall aroma is very sweet/candy-like!

Cherry Gar-See-Ya
322C14DC-BB73-485A-9B73-5B09F82647E0.jpeg

1151DEB2-4E13-4731-9AC6-93297BB487ED.jpeg

welldone

I believe today makes 51 days since flip. I’m quite certain the deficiency I ran into was Calcium. I’ve been giving them all a dose of CalMag with the last few waterings and I think that has helped. All are starting to swell nice and these buds are rock hard! The overall aroma is very sweet/candy-like!

Cherry Gar-See-Ya
View attachment 18740020
View attachment 18740019
fine looking buds :yeahthats

Jerry_Garcia

Just some pics from this week. I’m just starting to see some amber on the Watermelon Zkittlez and the Cherry Gar-See-Ya’s are clouding up nicely. I’m thinking maybe next week sometime I’ll be taking them down. They are all still fattening up so I want to give them a bit yet and get a bit more amber on all of them.

1C7C321E-99C1-41C7-9E7D-FD14953F315B.jpeg
A9F55E2A-6C49-415C-A6EF-4E4CCC93E407.jpeg

DoloDankness

How are the terps for the Watermelon Zkittlez? I have a pack of seeds that is Watermelon Zkittlez x Pebbles Punch. The Pebbles Punch is a Forbidden Fruit cross, so I'm curious to know what its got by itself. Or from what you found anyways. Both plants look amazing by the way!! Gonna be some fire smoke.

Jerry_Garcia

How are the terps for the Watermelon Zkittlez? I have a pack of seeds that is Watermelon Zkittlez x Pebbles Punch. The Pebbles Punch is a Forbidden Fruit cross, so I'm curious to know what its got by itself. Or from what you found anyways. Both plants look amazing by the way!! Gonna be some fire smoke.
So I spent too many years in a chemical research lab so I really can’t pick up single terpenes very well. My wife’s nose is much better. She picks up sweet/fruit, pine and cloves.

That cross sounds excellent! Good luck

Jerry_Garcia

Just a final pic of the Cherry Gar-See-Ya. All came down on Saturday marking 69 days 12/12. I left a few more leaves on this time to slow the dry a little bit. So far so good!

4254F3EE-DE8C-45ED-8E53-36D48844A622.jpeg