What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

G

Very nice,jerry:groupwave:

Keep the vegetative stage real short if you can. I'd let the clones bloom as they root. Chester..what's your experience with them?
I only grew it from seed so far.

@marshydro if I could turn time back,I'd choose two sp3000 to cover more ground.
There is a bit of a hotspot in middle of my 90x150 tent and the sides get a bit less light of course. Nonetheless is a really nice light.
Maybe you can make it 10cm wider.
...spread the LED's apart a bit..or like the sanlight's shape?

Crazy Chester

Very nice,jerry:groupwave:

Keep the vegetative stage real short if you can. I'd let the clones bloom as they root. Chester..what's your experience with them?
I only grew it from seed so far.

@marshydro if I could turn time back,I'd choose two sp3000 to cover more ground.
There is a bit of a hotspot in middle of my 90x150 tent and the sides get a bit less light of course. Nonetheless is a really nice light.
Maybe you can make it 10cm wider.
...spread the LED's apart a bit..or like the sanlight's shape?

My experience is like Jerry's - Franco's cut stretches a lot. But, going 12/12 right at the beginning might help. Flowering when they are 6-8 inches tall should keep her under three feet tall - I don't think she stretches more than 4x her veg height. I pretty much let myself get surprised every-time and end up scrambling to supercrop her into place, lol.

Jerry_Garcia

So the SLH came down last night. I was seeing a good 10-15% amber and a majority cloudy so I think 78 days 12/12 was about right. I have them hanging to dry. Once I get them dry and into Grove Bags, I’ll bring the Cherry Pies into the flower room and get them going.

SLH, as expected, is not a huge yielder but I expect the smoke will be stellar. The finger hash I had from pulling off fan leaves was insane.

Attachments

• photo2072119.jpg
    photo2072119.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2072120.jpg
    photo2072120.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 51

airplane

been using them for some time now "Grove Bags" - so you mix a "inoculant" in your soil ? (Pro Mix and Dynomyco)only two compamies that make this. I can't believe what a differenc it has made increasing rooting, yields, ect I use good soil (fox farms/happy frog/orginal) going to get at least 1lb a plant with this stuff - did do a side-by-side also (with/with-out) I will always use this now - just mix it in your base soil and there you have it - you inoculanted you soil ( recommend not feeding any Great White. Orca, ect because of the "tritras' - for a few week after inoculating

Crazy Chester

So the SLH came down last night. I was seeing a good 10-15% amber and a majority cloudy so I think 78 days 12/12 was about right. I have them hanging to dry. Once I get them dry and into Grove Bags, I’ll bring the Cherry Pies into the flower room and get them going.

SLH, as expected, is not a huge yielder but I expect the smoke will be stellar. The finger hash I had from pulling off fan leaves was insane.

Wow - that's some serious resin! What does she smell like, Jerry?

Jerry_Garcia

So the SLH are in their Grove Bags. We’ll see how these bags work. I’ll certainly let you all know. I’ll give them a good month before testing.

So the Cherry Pies are in the flower room, transplanted and on day 2 of 12/12. These really took nicely to topping during veg. A nice even canopy and many tops. Really excited to watch these flower! I have high hopes for them.

A shot of the Cherry Pies and the mothers in the veg tent.

Attachments

• photo2074372.jpg
    photo2074372.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2074373.jpg
    photo2074373.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 46

Jerry_Garcia

I should have mentioned, I ended up getting just over a lb. on this grow. My 1000w HPS can certainly do better so I have to again state she just isn’t a huge yielder. Given the low yield and long flower time, this smoke must be something special for folks to be sharing this cut. I’m excited!

Jerry_Garcia

Good morning! A little SLH test this morning. With only 2 weeks cure on her, she is already a nice smoke. I would say 80% sativa with a smidge of indica. I say that because she is nearly all in the head and strong. I’m not a heavy smoker but 2 rips and I’m very good. So excited to let her get a few weeks cure. The lemon is already coming through quite strong.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

So the SLH are in their Grove Bags. We’ll see how these bags work. I’ll certainly let you all know. I’ll give them a good month before testing.

So the Cherry Pies are in the flower room, transplanted and on day 2 of 12/12. These really took nicely to topping during veg. A nice even canopy and many tops. Really excited to watch these flower! I have high hopes for them.

A shot of the Cherry Pies and the mothers in the veg tent.

It will be nice watching those Cherry Pies flower out. Here's one I have outdoors about a week from harvest:

Cherry Pie Full.jpg

Attachments

• Cherry Pie Full.jpg
    Cherry Pie Full.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 49

Jerry_Garcia

So here is some SLH fresh out of Grove Bags. This stuff is really starting to smell wonderful. Lemon certainly comes through but the other smells are hard for me to place. It’s smoking better and better. I’ve thus far given it to one friend and she’s asking for more! Good sign.

Attachments

• photo2077363.jpg
    photo2077363.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 40

Jerry_Garcia

It will be nice watching those Cherry Pies flower out. Here's one I have outdoors about a week from harvest:

…and by the way Chester, beautiful looking Cherry Pie! You’ve got me excited to run her. My CP ladies are at about 2 weeks 12/12 and just starting to bud.

Crazy Chester

…and by the way Chester, beautiful looking Cherry Pie! You’ve got me excited to run her. My CP ladies are at about 2 weeks 12/12 and just starting to bud.

Thanks, Jerry - I'm pleased with how she's turning out - my camera can't do her beauty justice though. Her buds are tight and the pistils have all died back to a nice orange color and she's got that purple/green two-tone thing going on in her leaves too. I'm going to harvest her tomorrow.

Crazy Chester

So here is some SLH fresh out of Grove Bags. This stuff is really starting to smell wonderful. Lemon certainly comes through but the other smells are hard for me to place. It’s smoking better and better. I’ve thus far given it to one friend and she’s asking for more! Good sign.

Everybody's sense of smell is different, but I had the same experience when I first grew her - it was lemon for sure - but, it was something else too. After smelling her for several grows, I now think she smells like equal parts of lemon, lime and roses!

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Thanks, Jerry - I'm pleased with how she's turning out - my camera can't do her beauty justice though. Her buds are tight and the pistils have all died back to a nice orange color and she's got that purple/green two-tone thing going on in her leaves too. I'm going to harvest her tomorrow.

Good luck with the harvest. I’ll anxiously be waiting for some pics and smoke/smell/taste report. Happy growing and stay lifted

Jerry_Garcia

Fuckin ehh!! Actually been toying with the idea of addin a early flower tent with 315cmh to tame initial stretch n tighten up internodal spacing. Will be watchin ya to see how she goes!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Carlos, I was reading back through posts and was wondering if you had gotten your 315cmh early flower tent set up? Very curious how it is working for you

Jerry_Garcia

The Cherry Pie ladies just starting to show some tiny buds.

I’ve been smoking on the SLH for a bit now. It’s so nice and makes for a flavorful joint. I love the high she gives. It’s cerebral with a nice bit of energy and a touch of body stone. I’m reluctant to give much of this away as it truly is headstash quality. The Groove Bags are doing a nice job letting her cure up. I’ll be using these bags again!

Attachments

• photo2078358.jpg
    photo2078358.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Latest posts