What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jeff Beck dead at 78

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
A2883F86-9E72-4A07-9241-E387B685CF4F.jpeg

revegeta666

Safe onward journey Jeff.

Very cool and humble fellow with all that immense talent. Serious chops but a legendary innovator and stylist too.

You will be much missed, Thank you for the music.
His lead playing was so tasteful and expressive, his style was unique and really set him into a league of his own. Generations that followed kept pushing the technicality of the electric guitar but in my opinion none of them could really reach the feeling and emotion in his playing, which was closer to the expression of the saxophone or even the human voice. True legend and one of my favorites ever. Rest in peace.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The songs make themselves if you find the groove. Feel right at home with Jeff Beck's music. He let creation ride... Just play what sounds good! I can't get enough! :smoke:

Well said Revegetta!

dugzy

none of them could really reach the feeling and emotion in his playing, which was closer to the expression of the saxophone or even the human voice.
Spot on. Beautiful lyrical sounds, subtle and aggressive by turns.

Torn up with this news today and the terrible weather outside.

Here's something a bit cheesy but great :) His place is a few miles from where my folks lived.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
It is really touching seeing all the tributes all over social media. Jeff Beck was so cool, he was able to fly under the radar and still be a rock star.
Beck Bogart and Appice was my FIRST concert, and I saw him again in the early 2000's.
I could have seen him this last time, but when Johnny Depp joined the tour, the tickets got to selling for so much dough, that me and my girlfriend sold them online and took a trip to the Michigan dispensaries and loaded up! No regrets! Jeff would understand, I'm sure!

Betterhaff

Veteran
I'm sure he would. You just made me play that BBA tune again, great version. I just saw a clip were Billy Joel gave tribute to Jeff at a Madison Square Garden show over the weekend, played "Going Down" in the encore.

FranJan

Lot of great tributes over the weekend, especially Vernon Reid's tribute at Variety and a heart-broken Brian May. Read a great quote from the late BB King who said something like "My guitar doesn't have those notes", when asked about Beck's playing. A YouTuber pointed out that "Jeff Beck is the only guitarist Jimmy Page will play rhythm guitar for" when commenting about Beck's R&RHOF induction performance. And speaking of R&RHOF performances.....

Ladies and gentlemen. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.......

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great, those are some great quotes! Unique music! Play what needs to be played. Want to hear that guitar wail a bit.

Was great seeing Steevie Wonder play Superstitious with Jeff Beck!

Latest posts

Latest posts