What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JC G's Phresh New Cab

J

J.C.grower

good cabinet set up there PC i notice your using LST.
here is a pic of a cfl cab i've just finished.
its a combination SOG/LST set up.
give you the flexibility of moving your post around and the take their own SOG screen with them, same as LST.
View attachment 159882

sick mod scrog taslicker! how did you build that?
i tried building a mod scrog , made the frame from 1"x1" wood, and i failed at putting it together. so i gave up. this looks much simpler.
( im pretty dumb wen it comes to building things of this nature.)
thanks
JC

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey JC those plants look happy, cab looks nice. sounds like the new fans have helped with the PM?

the trick with making the scrogs out of 1x1 is to have a 'chop box' type saw or a picture framer that lets you get a good square cut on the end, then it's easy just to butt joint it with a single screw. a good strong wire mesh also helps keep it rigid.

keep it coming, dont worry about the quiet spells, they happen for no rhyme or reason really...

VG

taslicker

sog/lst

sog/lst

was a bit mulled last time i posted and i called you PC. my bad, sorry.

the SOG screen is all plastic fittings and Nylon screws from the hardware store.
screen - plastic tree guard
frame - door frame corner, pre plastering, to give straight edge
screws, nuts and washers - nylon.

and from the look of your cab i'd say it was well within your ability :biggrin:

I'm not a great fan of trimming during the grow as the leaves produce the energy that runs the plant so reduced leaf area = reduced grow capacity = reduced bud weight. but i'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

i do like your 11 litre pot. i've wanted to try one of those myself so i'm watching how it works.
but i'm wondering if, or how, the clear plastic might effects root development.

good grow JC
keep those pics coming :)

J

J.C.grower

heys guys im trying to upload pictures for the past two days, and it has not worked.. i will keep trying! update will come soon!
JC

J

J.C.grower

cab update

cab update

i finally uploaded the pictures for the update!
cab is at day 20 of flip and looking great! Pure Kush taking a little longer to start showing buds, im guessing since its from seedling, the white skunk is doing really well, showing little round snowball shaped buds., and stared to gather up some resin!:woohoo: i took pictures of the white skunk and the 150 cab. for this update. I will post individual pics next time.
oh and also i have put the purp dragon in the 150, i figured im just going to lillipop this one.

PK in back next to PD, in front White skunk.
White skunk

stay fligh
JC

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Looking real nice J.C! glad to see u got ur self a nice labatory going on! Purple Dragon eh? wheres that from if u dont mind me asking. TAGGED!

-NE_G978-

J

J.C.grower

Looking real nice J.C! glad to see u got ur self a nice labatory going on! Purple Dragon eh? wheres that from if u dont mind me asking. TAGGED!

-NE_G978-
glad to see you lurking around NE! always glad to have you along for the show.:respect:

the Purple dragon i got from some PD bud i was smoking couple months ago.i just decided to plant the seed, cause what the heck nothing cud go wrong.. i think crosses are (Purple Kush x Blue Dream), but im not 100% sure. excited to see how it turns out. Her aroma is really sweet.

thanks everyone for stopping by and sticking around, i appreciate the great karma, good karma is in return.:ying:
Stay fligh:joint:
JC

J

J.C.grower

following along one this one. was interested in trying the white skunk. best of luck :tiphat:

thanks mmmcake for sticking round.:tiphat:
the white skunk is really nice, first time trying it. quick grower, very sweet skunky aroma. and im seeing great resin build up. cant wait to see this beezy in a couple weeks:woohoo:

taslicker

150 watt

150 watt

How is the 150 watt going in that space?
Any issues?
I'm thinking of buying one myself.
The 400watt I use is chewing up power like mad and the wife is complaining about the cost.

J

J.C.grower

How is the 150 watt going in that space?
Any issues?
I'm thinking of buying one myself.
The 400watt I use is chewing up power like mad and the wife is complaining about the cost.

tas, i quite like the 150 watt for this space, if i am correct 150 watts are for 3X3 spaces. at 16,000 lumens its perfect .no issues and cost isnt that high. i would definitely recommend one. keep watching, and soon youll be convinced, and get one:biggrin:
stay fligh my friend:joint:
JC

J

J.C.grower

Alright so here i am with a couple individual pictures of the PK and the PD. also an update on the CFL side(SFV OG)!

Pure Kush
picture.php

picture.php

This one is quite the stretchy beezy..her tops already passed the 150.(moved it up 2 days ago).

Purple Dragon ( Purple Kush x Blue Dream?)
picture.php

picture.php

starting to smell relly sweet, almost like sweet coffee.

SFV OG( 101 watt CFL)
picture.php

shes a wild girl! but i got her pretty tied up .

more updates soon to come!
stay fligh my IC friends!
JC

J

J.C.grower

i have some prety disappointing news...:frown:
due to the lack of head room in the 150 cab, the Pure Kush has to be taken out, because she stretched past the light( which i could not raise any higher.) I did not cull her, too beautiful of a lady, so i have decided to put her outdoors , since its beginning of spring here in socal.. im hoping she thrives and does well out there.. so now we have the White Skunk, and the Purple Dragon inside the 150.perhaps i might pick up a nice clone form the local dispensary and pop her in there.
for now, the WS and PD are loving their "sun".:ying:
picture updates soon to come!

Reg Dixon- thanks mate i really appreciate that! these girls are very beautiful indeed, love to see em growing up!
Stay fligh
JC

EDIT: forgot to ask, if anyone knowws about outdoor growing, help and tips are appreciated!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
too bad about the pure kush...hopefully she turns into an OD monster for you and it turns out to be a good thing :)

J

J.C.grower

Thanks Marrdogg and StelathDragon for the kind words.SD- i hope she does! seems like shes liking the real sun.lol..
so since i took the PK out i decied to fill in some space , in replacement of her.. I went and picked up some really nice/rare genetic clones.. what i ended up purchasing was 2x Helix, 1x LSD.. im vegging them under cfls for bout 2 weeks, and then popping in the 150 for flower:biggrin:

just FIY: Helix is ( 707 Headband X God's Gift X Blue Dream )- this one should be rad!!!!
LSD - im not really sure..
I will post up pics of them and the cab soon! thank for stayin by and leaving such kind karma!
JC

J

J.C.grower

nice buds showin

nice buds showin

It is day 28 of flower for the white skunk, shes looking soo frosty and smelling sweet/skunky..buds are also starting to form real nice and fatt, hope they get relly fatty!
picture.php

kinda shitty pic, i apologize..
picture.php

One thing i noticed about the "white" strains, is that they arent very mould resistant. they get pm relly easily.
anyways..
Purple Dragon and SFVxOGK @ 18 days
picture.php

picture.php

things are looking real nice in the cab, i will be throwing in a couple of clones into 12/12 in a week.( keep the perpetual thing going).
stay fligh
JC