What's new

Jarilla Sinaloa x Destroyer F2 Colorado Sativas

Abdthi1966

Premium user
What was the purple satellite crossed with?

I agree. He should list them all as F2 out of respect for the breeders too
It was Oaxacan Spear pheno x Angola Red (Snowhigh Seeds). It was unfortunate as all six sprouted easily with long tails but I have too many commitments going from my seed projects to take on another 16 weeker at the moment.
If people went into it understanding that they are receiving a smorgasbord of phenos from somewhat rare Sativa cultivars then it can be fun but his flowering times are so off that I wonder how many people are even able to finish some of these beasts. I mean the two destroyers I have now would max out most peoples 4x4 if it fit at all and as it is I’m delaying projects to let them finish right.

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Week 14. Chopped the back lady and now theirs only one left to stew (thinking 16 weeks?).

I’ll update with some pics of trimming later. This will be a busy morning.

Attachments

• IMG_7621.jpeg
    IMG_7621.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7622.jpeg
    IMG_7622.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Week 15, playing it by ear for this gal since I’m not in as much of a rush anymore. That first destroyer gal is just dry enough for a toke and hot damn it’s peppy, with a pleasant forehead pressure sensation, chill vibes through and through. It very much lacks the traditional body feeling of the indica, with almost a polar opposite static electricity feeling making the hairs on my neck stand up. The smell is pretty bland currently but the smoke tastes nice, and smooth.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7656.jpeg

EnjoyingLife

Week 15, playing it by ear for this gal since I’m not in as much of a rush anymore. That first destroyer gal is just dry enough for a toke and hot damn it’s peppy, with a pleasant forehead pressure sensation, chill vibes through and through. It very much lacks the traditional body feeling of the indica, with almost a polar opposite static electricity feeling making the hairs on my neck stand up. The smell is pretty bland currently but the smoke tastes nice, and smooth.
View attachment 18964903
View attachment 18964905
View attachment 18964907
View attachment 18964909
View attachment 18964910
View attachment 18964911
View attachment 18964912
Sounds like cs came through with at least decent genetics. Peppy is something I like to hear, as is static electricity - I assume this equates to the electric feeling that presents in thai that some mention. Hopefully I can get similar results when I pop destroyer. I may put two in water later...
Looking forward to the last plant coming down and the smoke report of that.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Sounds like cs came through with at least decent genetics. Peppy is something I like to hear, as is static electricity - I assume this equates to the electric feeling that presents in thai that some mention. Hopefully I can get similar results when I pop destroyer. I may put two in water later...
Looking forward to the last plant coming down and the smoke report of t
@EnjoyingLife At this point I’m convinced the genetics are legit but just untamed, lots of variation and what not. But considering the quality of the smoke after only one week of drying/curing I’m pretty happy with it. This last girl should be even more interesting effect wise if I let it go awhile.

I would argue that because of the inbreeding involved with making destroyer that its influence would be pretty strong in the cross so I’m sure yours would be even more peppy with an uncrossed line. I’m pretty happy with this though and I made 10 seeds with nicest make to the gal I cut. Other than effect she had a super thick stem and great structure so I was glad to get some seeds for the future.

EnjoyingLife

Hmm….great question. There’s a complex answer involved but the short of it is that I had an aptitude towards the work, personally, and academically which led me to choosing it for pragmatic reasons. I went back to school later in life so part of it was simply money, and the other bit was wanting to help people in some capacity, and not feel like a drone worker.

I’m really liking the raised beds myself but mixing custom soil has a heavy price tag for sure. I would personally go for the 2x4 and poly. I’m doing one of those for an open pollinated landrace variety this summer.

As far as the wintergreen OG and Romulan project I shifted gears after the wintergreen wouldn’t pop and joined up with some good friends for a joint venture. Besides they were pretty old seeds, and the seedbay is sending me a replacement but it made me think that I’ll save them for next winter, and really be anal about germination protocol with that one. As it stands the plan is too OP the BX1 Romulan like before but also add a few choice Oregon blueberry cuts that a friend in my collective has. I’ve smoked it many of times and even grew some of here sisters back in the day and let me tell you it takes you floating mate. While it’s not rare to this area if you know the right people, it’s a superior cut of DJs original blueberry line before he lost some of his reputation.

I have four or five rooms now depending on how you slice it, and have joined with a few close friends to form a collective that focuses on breeding with older genetics (year 2000 and below roughly, not to say that there aren’t exceptions to that). But overall, you could say my projects have escalated a lot in recent months. I spent ten years waiting to have the space for a full set up to do this so I’m pretty excited. Should be launching and becoming an official vendor with my group this summer with the Blueberry x Romulan and then in fall we should have the first of the true Highland Kush landrace seeds available.

Helping people and not feeling like a drone worker is partially what got me into massage.
Its starting to feel a bit like a drone worker position but I think thats more setting than reality.
I work for a company rather than myself so theres a corporate america vibe thats hard to move past sometimes and we've been slow so I've had time to dwell. I cant complain to much though as I get paid to get high and play video games.

What will the open pollination be of?

Soil crafting can have a high price tag but I think I'll be moving away from fox farm dirt and into the 8ish dollar bags when its time for more dirt which will be awhile.
Fertiliser wise is where I'm stuck...
I'd like to stay as organic as possible. I'd like to give gaia green a chance, I've been using down to earth (bio live, fish meal I believe it is, bone meal, I have another high P one but forget what it is and langbeinite) and I have fish and guano (idr which company) that I was trying to use as a quick fix for the ethiopian last season.
I have dolamite lime but I never test the pH and only ever added it like once or twice. I'm to lazy to pH but maybe I should, it sounds like a lot of problems can be easily addressed from there.
I'd like to find a calmag thats organic as it seems that also can easily fix problems. I can't say I've looked to hard in that area though.
What I have will last at least this and next season depending how heavy I feed my jasmine and other plants. The jasmine is the heaviest feeder unless I decide to feed the citrus trees(orange and clementine) which I may now that they put out fruit worth eating, I think the rain has helped immensely this year but four or five years ago they tasted like lemons.
I also would like to find an organic pest program. The 2x4 poly may be a good start but the plastic isnt organic ;]
The research never ends...

Well shit hopefully the next batch of wintergreen pops!
I wasn't aware DJ lost some rep?
Idk that I've had blueberry. Blue dream may be the closest and thats not saying much as to my understanding blueberry is indica and blue dream should be a sativa leaning hybrid.

Can I have the name of this collective?
Is there a website to go read more about it?
Pre 2000 genetics is enticing!
Is the old kali mist in there? Like the first or second release of it(pre 98 I believe it is - could be the one before it), theres speculation around newer versions that can make one doubt things.
Can you share more on what other genetics are being worked with?
Which are are post 2000?
Is everything still in the works so its to early to really speak on these topics?
Not trying to force your hand here lol.

EnjoyingLife

@EnjoyingLife At this point I’m convinced the genetics are legit but just untamed, lots of variation and what not. But considering the quality of the smoke after only one week of drying/curing I’m pretty happy with it. This last girl should be even more interesting effect wise if I let it go awhile.

I would argue that because of the inbreeding involved with making destroyer that its influence would be pretty strong in the cross so I’m sure yours would be even more peppy with an uncrossed line. I’m pretty happy with this though and I made 10 seeds with nicest make to the gal I cut. Other than effect she had a super thick stem and great structure so I was glad to get some seeds for the future.
I can deal with untamed. It seems his seeds are f2 which to my understanding is where the recessive genes can(do?) show up. Idk how much weight this holds when it comes to an ibl but I'm happy I was able to find this strain.
When I read that about f2s(recessive genes) I was like hmmm this could open up a lot of possibilities if I knew what to look for lol.

I need to read up more about jarilla just for curiosity sake but Mexican weed tends to have the effects I look for. I plan on making more destroyer seed and crossing with Ethiopian, Honduras, nanan, Santa Cruz pure haze X Nepali and probs a few others, I'd have to look in the seed box.

What do you look for in your selections? Quality of effect, smell, taste, structure etc?

I feel I'm to much of a noob to know what I'm looking for and I'm not set up to keep clones so my seed making is merely that.

I'm going to start keeping some sort of grow log with details of the plant and labeling my seeds better so when I do seed runs I know what's hitting what.
A log of effects to maybe but I'm not sure it'd help as my dry\cure process is at the mercy of nature. Set and setting play a large role and the many other factors that come into play with how the plant effects us.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Nice man, sounds like a good gig.

Thus far the OP is centred around Romulan genetics BX1 Romulan for seed and then I’m sticking a few select, clone only mothers in to make some nice F1 crosses. Originally my friend with the blueberry cut was going to come through but now I’m not sure. I’m just going to have to wait and see.

The collective is a newly birthed idea and Inalready have one guy(blueberry being flaky) because he doesn’t like the idea of sharing the profits evenly or dedicating time to projects that may interest the collective but not him per say. If that makes sense. So, all in all, it’s in the infancy stages and this first project is for generating revenue for the maste project which I will announce after becoming a vendor. But for now I’m the only one to talk to online and the gal and I haven’t picked a name yet. As far as what’s in the bank, well that’s a closely kept secret my friend 🤫. Haha honestly man, I can’t read my handwriting on half the stuff so I’m going to have to shake some memories loose before I dive into those. We are mostly starting with new landrace stock for our first few projects from well vetted sources.

Yea….I may be wasting my time with the wintergreen but I’m crossing my fingers for at least one female out of the next five.

In life I try to avoid being to harsh about other people but from the way I see it the only grand thing DJ ever did was the blueberry, and then skated off of that for the rest of his career. Out of the stuff I’ve tried of his that mostly rang true over the years so idk 🤷‍♂️ take my comment with a grain of salt. It’s not like I’m anybody special and he’s hella successful so he’s doing something right. I just haven’t cared for much of his stuff except the blueberry which is pretty bomb.

I would look up some soil mix ideas and consider the investment on a smaller scale for some five gallon buckets. The mix should still last three or so grows with some top dressing in between. That’s just my two cents and man I’m loving the flavour you get.

I just got a green house btw to expand the operation and I’m super stocked. 10 ft wide, 20 ft long, and 7.5 ft tall. It took me forever to find one that height for my tall height (6.5). I have some water melon seeds from Iraq called Ali baba some I’m hoping to get some prime fruits with my out door cannabis crop. Now that will be a special lady.

As far as breeding goes, it depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. So the answer is as varied as could be. But to give you an example, I’m looking to work with 20 plus week landrace sativas and bring down their flowering time so most of initial efforts will be focused on flowering times and diving the successions into differing groups. Like 8-10 weeks 11-12, 13-14 and so on.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
This gal is more musky, and by musky I mean like an old guys cologne, distinct but I’m assuming it will fade like the last gal. Either way I’m trying to dry them slower but it may be just a matter of time in the jar. The weight is somewhat similar by eye possibly a tad under. Found one little spot of herming but it wasn’t viable and it was late in the process.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
The first pheno is bright on the first draw but mellows out before truly going full rocket ship if that makes sense. I’m turning most of it into bubble hash but either way the high is nice.

The second pheno is still wet and dripping resin and is far more sticky looking than the last. Making live bubble from the popcorn buds from this one. They look super tasty and the smell coming from the jar is like rancid fruit punch unlike the first lady who didn’t really smell like much of anything. We are almost wrapped up on this one.

EnjoyingLife

The first pheno is bright on the first draw but mellows out before truly going full rocket ship if that makes sense. I’m turning most of it into bubble hash but either way the high is nice.

The second pheno is still wet and dripping resin and is far more sticky looking than the last. Making live bubble from the popcorn buds from this one. They look super tasty and the smell coming from the jar is like rancid fruit punch unlike the first lady who didn’t really smell like much of anything. We are almost wrapped up on this one.
"...mellows out before going full rocketship"
The calm before the storm?
or like making sure all systems are go before take off.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
"...mellows out before going full rocketship"
The calm before the storm?
or like making sure all systems are go before take off.
Its like you take off with great expectations but they are never quite reach fruition before a calm takes you right back down a more happy mellow feeling. It is pretty giggly at times once you settle in. Like I said, its a decent smoke just nothing earth shattering. However, its sister pheno came out alot more promising looking, so I expect that one to be more of what im looking for, or at least I hope it will be. Either way, the first pheno should make decent hash, which should intensify that initial buzz nicely.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Small update, the flowers are so fluffy and fox tailed that the buds don’t weigh nearly as much as you think. The first pheno was about 6-7 ounces at most. I know this because I weight out two ounces for something and it almost filled a large freezer bag. Crossing my fingers for the potency of the the second pheno, hopefully it will make up for the bummer. Obviously I expected this to some extent being heavily Sativa leaning but I’ll be honest I was abit surprised it was so low. I thought it would be a solid pound a plant when I was feeling colas during early flower.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Second pheno is smokeable and I would say it’s pretty damn fire. Nice and uplifting, with a happy tone to it. It actually feels like you’ve arrived if that makes sense, in comparison to how I felt about the first pheno which felt like a let down.

There’s definitely some euphoria that I was feeling as I felt oddly prompted to do a squat session. It makes me this would be a great workout aid.

Update 03/26 cured out well and kept its nice uplifting profile. Not bad overall, time to close this thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts