What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese herb growing on Mt. Fuji !

C.N.C

there has been a lot of rain lately and the skys are cloudy most of the time and my outdoor plant has started to form buds. ill have some pictures up in about a week. :lurk:

So, how available is weed in Nippon-country, anyway?

Also, what is the status of possession there?

I'm assuming an outdoor grow is relatively safe, seeing as how they probably don't have eradication efforts anywhere near like they do in the US or UK.

Hell, the cops probably don't even know what a marijuana plant looks like!

:)

Good luck!

C.N.C

in the big cities the cops know what weed is and what it looks like but where i live, it could be growing in the park and no one would be the wiser. growing outdoors is easy as pie. if you lived in hokkaido or some place where asa (japanese hemp plants) grows then it would be a whole different story.

G

my two cents from a couple of months working in Tokyo:

it's not too hard to score there - although you will need to be together enough to spot the difference between someone who's just a Japanese "trendy" and the people who will actually be able to help hook you up... e.g. the hippy/traveller types living out in the tents in the parks in Tokyo will know, but the kids all dressed up as "ravers" etc. and practicing dance moves won't lol

folks there I hung out with were very friendly trance party types, so I recommened just making a few friends at one of the trance or drum and bass kind of clubs and then asking - there's no way if they are anything like the Japanese I met that they would fuck you around, as a visitor they had befriended (whereas I don't recommed just asking some guy who looks a bit dodgy who won't know you from shit - obvious, I know, but even more important in Asia if you ask me)

prices are steep, even by UK standards - the Japanese girl I was hanging out with who had some hash was mortified when she even slightly sensed that I might have thought she had ripped me off. One of the guys in the group explained to me one her behalf that those were the prices she payed and she had sold it cost price to me lol... I didn't even say anything, it must have been the look on my face... yes, it's those kind of prices... she was pretty embarassed, poor thing

hash was fine - same like in Taiwan... I'm not sure, either Uighur Chinese, or bog-standard Nepalese, that is my guess - black, sweet smell, kind of camphory, but clean and strong enough I suppose, though generic

my experience of normal Japanese police is that they do not go looking for trouble, and are polite - to US citizens they may even seem homosexual, they are that wet... that said, I would only smoke in appartments etc. not in public places, parks, clubs

and don't be tempted to smoke amphetamine, it is fucking wrong!

also, bringing weed into Japan would be an act of extreme silliness

Hope that's of help

Namkha

zamalito

Veteran
This is slightly off topic but the chemical drug scene in japan is easy to get into. It's crazy you can go into a smart shop and buy dozens of analogues of dmt, mescaline and mdma but weed is illegal. Head shops selling bongs and such seem to do well but IMO the japanese love their speed and psychedelics more than anything else.

zamalito

Veteran
Since japan has no analogue laws I wonder if you could obtain thc and anandamide analogues there not that I wouldn't prefer some pretty nasty schwag to even the best chemical thc

G

about bringing any to japan:

don't do it. they will find it. then you're buggered.

toughen up and fork out the 100$/g like the rest of us

be smart in japan, and keep it cool. japan needs no more bad bud PR

my 2 bits

rising sun

Bog
I smoked some of your Sweet Cindy in Japan, grown organically, donated by a kind friend and it was so much fun to get high in the land of the rising sun.

G

Theres a bunch of supposed "feral" hemp growing along side the road in parts of the country, but from what alot of people are saying recently, it's not feral. It will get you high, it's just dirtweed.

Hello all,

I received some of those Dosanko seeds, from around Hokkaido Islands, I have made a reproduction of the strain for further exploration. It is a typical short C. Indica type of plant, not a Ruderalis derivative in my opinion. It is not autoflowering. It is a short type, quite branchy plant with a mild high for someone with extreme tolerances. It is very fast flowering and could be usefull P1 material in hybrid development for faster flowering strains and for more nothern regions in the future, with a lot more understanding.

Having read what I can on Japense Hemp, I believe these plants are descendants of imported Drug Cultivars, not recognised Hemp Cultivars, most proberly from the Afghanistai region, imported into the country prior to prohibitions and imported for seed production for human or bird useage.

In 1956 the Japanese goverment measured domestic feral Cannabis cultivars and found mostly all contained THC with little to no CBD and obviously concluded these where for sure escaped Drug Cultivars, not Hemp derivatives where the opposite is usually true.

All the best, Flowers

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Im pretty sure it's domestic. I've heard about it going back a long way and all the Japanese I know who know of dosanko claim it's native.

G

Im pretty sure it's domestic. I've heard about it going back a long way and all the Japanese I know who know of dosanko claim it's native.

Hello,

Yes, it is domestic or rather domesticated over a period of perhaps 50 generations at least. Those plants that the locals harvest from in the wild are naturally forming from origionally escaped plants. The Afghanistani Cultivars imported to the region where origionally used for seed production, some escaped and this is what you see there now known as the Dosanko. Also in plants grown from those seeds confirm this, its not a high THC cultivar at present as obviously there has been no selection for this, but it could be and has potential for hybrid development for sure.

All the best, Flowers

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I think it's a stretch to guess at where the seeds originally came from. They certainly could have been from where you believe, or any other country along the silk road. Not to mention that Hokkaido is very close to russia and asia. This year we had a lot of yellow dust rain on us. It's picked up in asia with high winds and ends up here. Then there are birds to consider.

G

They certainly could have been from where you believe

Hello Japanfreaker

It is not what I ultimately believe, or Im not totally convinced as yet. These are the conclusions though of the IHA and other serioous research bodies and the Japanese goverment in their Cannabinoid profiles of the indegenous Cannabis found in the region.

So just reporting what is known to be fact at this point from leading sources.

But, there is still a lot to be understood for sure on the Dissapation and even origin of the species. Time and research will tell.

In the meantime the Dosanko is a cool cultivar to explore. Have you ever seen any pictures of the herbs growing in the region in native environment, this allways is soo usefull. If you ever see any, please post them up.

All the best to you, nice thread.

Peace, Flowers

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've seen it with my own eyes, but no pics. And I've smoked more than my share of it. A lot of people put it down 'cause it's not so strong, but I say just smoke more, I like the buzz. If you haven't already seen the taima.org hp they have lots of info and pictures I believe of dosanko. I'd use a proxy to visit. The info is in English as well.

sznake

jarhead
Soooo.. WHERE??? can I see A PICTURE! just one little picture of this dosanko..????

Nobody has any picture of it? I think Japanese people are way too paranoid, they are even affraid of uploading a puny little picture of a weed plant.. They think the picture's digital signature might give them away... geeeeeeeeeeeez.....

herd

in dunno but the way it seems to be over there but id act the same.
stay safe everyone much love from cali
-herd

Crela

へー!
本気と思ったのに。。。

写真とか見たいですね。
去年富士山に上りました!

There was no weed last year when I climbed on Mt. Fuji :(. Or at least I didn't see any!