What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese growers

cardiel

Helo Guys :)

im happy that people in Japan can read my letters :smile: I would like to visit someday your country.... Do you think that it is posible? For example i will for in some hotel for 3 month for free. Complytly free. They will only provide me in 3 meals and place to sleep... Anyone know hotel like this^^^

Anyone who would like to see Poland and help PM :smile: others trolls thank you i am say'in

Cardiel

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
LOL!!!
maybe he should ask for a vacation also ...
i am sory for you guys, working your buts off...and then going a step forward not to seem lazy.
how many days off do you get in a year?

Japanfreakier

Veteran
There's this crazy myth going around that Japanese are hard workers. Lol. On average the American worker works 2 more weeks a year than the Japanese. Japanese are not very hard or productive workers.

Other Myths about Japan

1) Very polite. In reality they are the rudest people I've met on the planet. They don't hold doors open for others, talk back to their parents, and kids let old ladies stand in the trains when they stretch their legs out on seats. Don't even get me talking about their driving habits.

2) Good students and very smart. In reality they are idiots. The school system is based around tests (something America is moving more and more towards) and they cram the info into their head without ever realizing the logic. As soon as the test is down they wash their brains to make more room for the next test. Very little retention. Recently Japanese companies have complained to the government that College graduates are just about useless.

3) Japanese women are easy. In reality American women are just fridged.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
the 2nd myth....oh man you are so right about this. saw something on youtube. some guy interviewed a Japanese girls. her English was horrible. she could hardly pronounce a few words and said she's been studying English for the last 7 years.
i am not anywhere near a country that has English as it's mothertongue...and most of the English i know i learned outside school, but i was able to speak better English in less the time it took her to learn to mumble those few English-like words.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Yeah, they study English at least 7 years in school, and have the 2nd lowest English proficiency rate in Asia. Same for history, science, math, just about anything you care to think off. I once saw a student's vocabulary list before her English test. Over half of the words a native speaker wouldn't use in a lifetime, but they can answer abc or d on the test. They just can't say, "I wanna go potty."
Sadly the reason for the myths are foriegners who come to Japan and can, or only care to look skin deep. They assume that just because people are bowing to you they are polite. Thats like assuming somebody is religious for saying, "God bless you," after somebody sneezes.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
any more reasons for one not to study japanese or try to go to japan and live/work there a while?

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Japan is a wonderful place to spend a few years. You just have to be careful not to spend too much time here like me, because it really isn't going to help your life in the long run if you stay here for an extended period of time.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Just don't carry anything in Shibuya. Shibuya has the 2nd worse body check rate in Tokyo (dogenzaka area). Akihabara is the worst. Lots of the super-geeks that go to akihabara also carry knifes (surprise surprise). So the cops check gaijins for drugs in shibuya and geeks for knifes in Akihabara.

Technique

I cant wait to get over to japan! i already have a piece of it sitting in my driveway. and would love to come back when i have the $$ to buy another car!

gtr ftw!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Im pretty sure that the laws prohibit the shipping of used cars out of the country intact. They have to be stripped down first and shipped without engines. Protecting their value.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
My ex-wife works for a company that exports cars to Russia, America, and some other places. They are required by law to remove the engines before shipping them out. They can ship the engine in another crate, but not together.

Technique

my car, and many many other cars came in one piece to where i live. drive on and drive off the boat like i said.

australia, new zealand, uk all take alot of cars complete from japan in the same way

i am 100% sure on this as i drove my car and many many others from the docks to home!

tornado

i worked for a cargo company, we used to drive cars out of containers and special loading frames. we drove them out, didn't push them, so I guess it depends on the country.

Latest posts

Latest posts