What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese growers

420empire

Veteran
There must be a acient strain in japan somewhere. I imagined a sativa strain, which the old wise japanese men toke in the mountains while connecting with the different spirits of the mountains and the woods.

Peace

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Good read there. Search for taima.org too, also some info there.

If you're looking to get a hold of some, in the past I have found at least one site that is selling what they claim to be seeds from Hokkaido where cannabis grows wild. They were selling them pretty cheaply iirc, something like 2000 yen for 50. The page was all in Japanese so it won't come up in a normal google search, and even if it was still going which is doubtful in the current repressive climate, they probably wouldn't send internationally.
:gday:

ScythianGold

Let me bump this also. Not in Japan at the moment but there is a likelihood I will be doing some cultivating there at some point in the relatively near future。近いうちに友達のAK47写真も乗せますから。
Compared to other East Asian countries Japan is not so horribly bad for finding tokers and herb.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
smoked for the first time in tokyo this year, ive been many times but never chiefed, it just doesnt seem like the best place to be stoned and a foreigner, the cops are pretty strict. but my friends own a gift shop and we smoked in the back, the bud was pretty mediocre but not terrible, it was indoor grown but picked a little early and probably speed cured so it didnt have much smell or flavor. but they did have some kief which looked very good...but it was nice to smoke up and hit the izakaya.

anyways they really want seeds out there, and if its legal might make that happen as i have more seeds than i need and i want to spread cannabis culture to japan as much as possible, break their ignorance of the plant because they are so brain washed by the government about pot.

also i would caution all foreigners to be very careful and travel clean if possible, especially in busy tokyo areas. me and my lady were stopped in shinjuku station by cops and forced to show ID, we were led to an interogation room where i saw them searching a japanese punk rocker guy who had some of those legal hallucinogens on him. anyways once they found out we were american they let us go with no search, and my japanese friends say that locals are able to avoid this from happening because they are not allowed to search without warrant...but many travelers are ignorant of this.

i traveled on the bullet train to kyoto and saw large swaths of countrysides that were dotted with greenhouses and farm plots.....i would love to get a private property out there with some seclusion and attempt a small greenhouse grow or guerilla grow. the humidity and temps in the summer can be quite extreme but it sounds doable, my friends were saying they knew growers up closer to hokkaido who are outdoor guys...