What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamil Sayyida KG Outdoor

LeenieBean

flowering time ?

flowering time ?

how many days should I expect her to run? I just germed 4 of my 10 pack of Jamil Sayeeda, with 4 Guerilla Gold 3s and 4 HFH Danish Gold. JS looked like they busted early but I left them another day in wet paper towel method on my fireplace mantle. Came back to check them now, 4/4 JS with 2 inch long freakin tap roots coming out of my seeds! needless to say, I'm figuring on getting some of these girls outside this year. also 4/4 of the GGs and 2/4 DGs but nothing like the Jamils! the GG are supposed to be ready mostly by first week of september here, which is awesomely avoiding bow season, but how bout these girls?

44 n

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Leenie,

You got a nice selection of early strains there, they should grow and finish early, no probs at your lat.

I had 2 phenos from the Jamil, both finishing early Oct, but mind you, they where heavily seeded. Sinsemilla I would expect them to finish around mid to late September.

Same for the GG and the DG (which is 1/2 GG). The last 2 being a bit more on the indica side, so you might want to keep an eye for mold. Shouldn't be nothing serious tho.

Happy growing!

:tiphat: B

Murp

One of my favorite strains to grow and always is a great delight to rip. My purple pheno has a amazing taste to it and my redish pheno is a geeker--very stoney and spacey compared to the purple which, to me, gets me the perfect afternoon high...

I had very bad rain at the end of last years grow and I caught no mold-mildew. No nanners on any of the Jamil and last years rain's were very relentless. Its a hardy-true plant that is very easy to grow in my opinion. Jamil has rewarded me very beautifully!

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello folks,

While the masses are going crazy to run KG's kush testers indoors, it might be worth showing some more of his OD stuff :D

Some more Jamil

Leenie If your q has not been answered yet, I would say 2-3 mtrs max, if in full ground, but she handles bending very well. I must say that my experience with her is limited;

:wave:
B

kamyo

Veteran
Lower latitudes?

Lower latitudes?

I just ordered a pack of these (and some other stuff) from the Boo. It's a shame that I can't seem to find the Leb27 around, but this should make for a fine replacement.

I'll be running these in a semi-equatorial environment at 13 degrees north. Being an outdoor strain and (I'm assuming) mold resistant, I think they'll do fine out here, especially in our dry season.

I know she's an early strain, so I don't think she'll veg out for a month or so like the typical equatorial sativa would out here. Usually, stuff (e.g., hindu kush, skunk, etc.) will stretch to a foot or 2 before flowering. Would anyone happen to have any reports of her grown out in lower latitudes?

Edit: I guess a better way to word this would be to see how she would do at ~12/12 from seed. They'll probably be in the ground, but let's say a 3 gallon container just in case.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Kamyo,

I hope KG's gear brings you a lot of happy and trippy puffs :)

I've seen other strains growing at similar lats and yours, and indeed, they don't get that big. Have no experience with the Jamil on those specific circunstances, but here are my 2 cents:

The Jamil is an early strain, the cross I made last year has already been harvested, about 4 weeks before the rest of the garden. Its earliness is due to the fact that it starts to flower well before 12/12, more like @ 16/8.

This is good in higher lats with shorter summers, but my take is that she'll be even smaller than the Kushes or Skunks at your lat. If you want bigger plants, I'd suggest to veg indoors for some time.

Mold should be no prob, unless you have very high humidity. Good ventilation would then make the trick.

Hope that helps! :tiphat:

B

kamyo

Veteran
Browser,

Appreciate the info and it indeed helps. Until I grow them out, I can only speculate that the size would be similar to that of an autoflower (edit: makes sense because I think I remember Esbe saying the Purt will autoflower at lower lats). I got rid of my small indoor veg cab, so I'll have to run them from seed outdoors, which is fine. I plan on doing a seed run with them, so I'll probably end up picking the male that expresses the most sativa (i.e., vegges a little more than the others) and let him do his thing.

Can't wait to try them and share my experiences. Thanks again.

K

Karma Genetics

Yeh browser, is right.

I dont have expiernece on lower lats, with here, but she is very light sensetive, When you want them to grow you will proberly need some extra light to stay on in the night, (a street light maybe.

I think if they would be planted at 12/12 they are going to be around 50/100 cm in height.

I am very intrested how this goes, please keep us updated.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Karma in your experience how many weeks Jamil veg before goin into flower under natural light cycles shorter than 15-16 hours?
Just askin for outdoor because 16/8 is about the longest summer day here and the strain seems very interesting for spring crops too.

Peace

=K

kamyo

Veteran
Yeh browser, is right.

I dont have expiernece on lower lats, with here, but she is very light sensetive, When you want them to grow you will proberly need some extra light to stay on in the night, (a street light maybe.

I think if they would be planted at 12/12 they are going to be around 50/100 cm in height.

I am very intrested how this goes, please keep us updated.

Thanks KG. 50-100cm is completely doable for me. This is more of a fun/hobby grow (definitely not a breeder, but I'd love to do some selective inbreeding for a few generations with her) and I definitely don't have cash crop expectations for these. Will also run some big sativas for the rainy season. Got a male/female out there that should be finishing up in a month or 2. After that, the jamil will be taking their place. If all goes well, I'll be able to show you how it goes. Also great because of her outdoor suitability and the fact that I shouldn't have to worry about reveg when the photoperiod increases by an hour over the course of 6 months. Estimating I can probably run seed to harvest in 3 months year-round.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll probably end up picking the male that expresses the most sativa (i.e., vegges a little more than the others) and let him do his thing.

Hey Kamyo,

As a word of advice, don' be fooled by the sativa looks of the Jamil, as she has Leb27 in her, and that's a very early, sativa looking plant

This is a small Leb27

And this a NL growing outdoors at lat 9°

:laughing:

If you have some sativas going, a good call would be to cross them with the Jamil to bring some of that speed into the next generation.

Just a thought.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many weeks Jamil veg before goin into flower under natural light cycles shorter than 15-16 hours?
Just askin for outdoor because 16/8 is about the longest summer day here and the strain seems very interesting for spring crops too.
=K

Hey Krull,

KG might be able to give you more details, but in my experience, a spring crop should certainly be possible, specially if you use the tech mentioned in the thread 60/60 forced approach.

I had a Jamil hydrid some time ago, which was started under 24hrs. They where then taken outdoors around March, and soon started to flower. Little hairs in very little plants. As the day became longer, they went back into veg, and then into flo again, to be harvested around mid Sep.

The only thing stopping me from giving it a try is the low temps, and the lack of GH... Otherwise :plant grow:

If you give Spring crop a try, pls do keep us posted!

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Hey Krull,

KG might be able to give you more details, but in my experience, a spring crop should certainly be possible, specially if you use the tech mentioned in the thread 60/60 forced approach.

I had a Jamil hydrid some time ago, which was started under 24hrs. They where then taken outdoors around March, and soon started to flower. Little hairs in very little plants. As the day became longer, they went back into veg, and then into flo again, to be harvested around mid Sep.

The only thing stopping me from giving it a try is the low temps, and the lack of GH... Otherwise :plant grow:

If you give Spring crop a try, pls do keep us posted!

Hey Browser thanks for the reply!
What latitude are you bro?
The silverback's thread was very inspirational to me, i've already harvested some small crops in spring but lately i prefer full autoflowers for avoiding any reveg risk and make it quick ;)
This strain seems so light sensitive that maybe i'll give it a try, the quality seems amazing :yes:

Cya

=K

kamyo

Veteran
Hey Kamyo,

As a word of advice, don' be fooled by the sativa looks of the Jamil, as she has Leb27 in her, and that's a very early, sativa looking plant

This is a small Leb27

And this a NL growing outdoors at lat 9°

:laughing:

If you have some sativas going, a good call would be to cross them with the Jamil to bring some of that speed into the next generation.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice. I guess a better way to have worded that would to be the one that vegges out the most before flowering. Generally, those are sativas, but like you mentioned, even the Leb27 is a very early plant. I'm pretty sure that the only way I'll be able to grow bigger ones will to either cross with a good sativa or to veg indoors. I'm probably getting ahead of myself, though. Even if they're 6" tall, I'm pretty sure I'll love every minute of growing them.

Buddle

Veteran
Outdoor season is soon upon us. I hope to start a few of these this yr as well.I am going to take Karmas suggestion and use a good male Jamil to shorten the flowering time on a couple goodies I have..BIG fan of both Esbe and Karma. the most decent guys in the biz, imo..