What's new

Jamaldelika and Banghi Haze in the open

orfeas

Veteran
Fellow cannacomrades,

like many of us I have missed that high I used to get toking African mota (in Africa) way back late 70es early 80es.
So I thought I might give Ace's gear a try and see whether their genetics can live to their reputation.
However, being the tyro of the game(with their strains) I won't be able to produce elaborate accounts of my grow, but instead I'd be all ears to your comments/advice/suggestions.
The ditches have already been prepared(how arduous a toil!), that is original soil shovelled away and my DIY mix dumped in the hole. I didn't mix a lot of manure for I have read that sativas aren't that crazy for Nitrogen.
Just for the record, about 40 degrees North in the Aegean blue...

So I have germed 4 Jamaldelikas(reg) and 5 Banghi Hazes (reg) all of which have sprouted fairly swift. Germination rate 100%, hats off to Dubi (and friends) !

Attachments

• P1070121.jpg
    P1070121.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 18
  • P1070125.jpg
    P1070125.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 16
Is this the Zamaldelica strain or Jamaldelika like you wrote it? Jamaican Lambsbread x Zamaldelica would be a unique and possibly exciting combination, would be a perfect fit for the name Jamaldelika!

Good luck with your grow, is this a guerrilla setup or do you have a nice outdoor plot nearby?

Koondense

Veteran
I'll follow this one, wanna see some mediterranian grown trees!

...about 40 degrees North in the Aegean blue...

Sounds just perfect!
Orfeas, blow us away, please:)

And good luck with forest fires!

orfeas

Veteran
Rinse, Dubi, Koondense, Husky Jackal, Ganja Hasi, fellas thanks for the reps!
Quite an encouragement for an Ace cadet!

Low_and_slow, there are no growing plots in my neck of woods. I mean, cannabis grows!
Hideout would serve the spot well, I suppose. The soil might not be rock hard but it does take some digging & shovelling, plus clearing crawilng wide access tunnel and finnaly all that dragging the sacks with the new soil into the ditch. As for water, either a nearby "supply" or some canisters at dawn do the job alright.
By the way, the strain is Jamaldelica and thinking it is the only one I was a tad negligent with spelling.

Tzotzo, old chap, don't make me blush!
:tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for start your outdoor grow diary, orfeas :)

All our strains have been fully tested in mediterranean coastal climate at 37N, so you shouldn't have any problems finishing them in a similar climate and latitude.

We will be around to help you with any doubt but i'm sure they will love the sun there and your good cares. Have a great season!

orfeas

Veteran
Sping time is ticking away fervently and it feels as if I am bereft of time trying to catch up with the frenzy. Almost too many things to be taken care of...
But then as the saying goes around here "You can't be both, a farmer and a priest"!
However, you can, if you turn the sentence into a metaphor...

In the pics you can see one Jamdel reg having turned very humble and been bowing since yesterday. I don't know what to suss out...Any idea?

Dubi, three degrees do make a difference in quite a diverse environment like mine. We may get a lot of rain over the hills and not a drop on the other side. But I do hope for a very benevolent autumn!
By the way, the Jamal Hash is a real hard nut to crack(literally), the first three are already in soil. Still waiting for the rest to crack. The PCK doesn't seem to want to go.
So to sum up, germination rate for Jamaldelicas/Banghis/Jamal Hash a 100% !:dance013:
I am leaving the PCK to you...

Attachments

• P1070130.JPG
    P1070130.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070131.jpg
    P1070131.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 16

orfeas

Veteran
Hola compadres!

The weather's been just brilliant with temps around 20 C during the day and I have built me toddlers a transition kindergarden in my backyard just to get them acclimatised...

The "humble" Jamaldelica didn't make it, no root development, which made me place two more seeds in water to replenish the population.
4th day in water today and still no sign of germination! Patience is the way, I reckon.

Attachments

• P1070151.jpg
    P1070151.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P1070152.jpg
    P1070152.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1070153.jpg
    P1070153.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 14

orfeas

Veteran
Hello everybody!

Ten days later and the toddlers are panting away for I burned them a tad with copper dioxide. I know I shouldn't have sprayed them, but what the heck...

The ditch is about 1x1 m. and I am fairly happy with the height being at 260 cm min.

There's also a newcomer in the team, a Jamalhash fem that is.

Any remarks?

Attachments

• P1070173.jpg
    P1070173.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P1070171.jpg
    P1070171.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P1070168.jpg
    P1070168.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 22
  • P1070164.jpg
    P1070164.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 22
  • P1070163.jpg
    P1070163.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 17

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Orfeas,

I've got some Bangi Haze and NepalJams started. Gotta love the hope and promise of spring! Yours look a week or two earlier than mine, but the weather has been cold and rainy since I planted. This week is supposed to be warm and sunny, so I'm expecting them to really grow a lot. I'll take some photos and post them here next weekend, with your permission.

I have a couple of Bangis that have surprisingly narrow leaves. I'm hoping for one with strong Congo traits to see what that is like. My first three sprouted last year were all very fat leaved. One was female and turned out very much to liking when I grew it indoors. I can't wait to see what they are like when grown under the natural sunshine. I'm going to try and grow them big.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

orfeas

Veteran
G' day ThaiBliss!
Yea, the spring, man! Things are almost getting out of hand, so proliferous the growth and so fast since we've been having such nice weather ~20 C and plenty of Aegean sun( you should see how my toms are doing!).

I'd love to see some pictures of yours( it'll be an honour) so that I could have something to compare with, although your neck of woods is somewhat different from mine.
I'd be obliged if you stayed tuned and gave me some insight as to the phenos...Also kind of anxious to see how big they can grow.

I wish you all the best in turn!

P.S. Now I understand why the Japs are so proud of their cherry gardens!

Attachments

• P1070177.jpg
    P1070177.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
G' day ThaiBliss!
Yea, the spring, man! Things are almost getting out of hand, so proliferous the growth and so fast since we've been having such nice weather ~20 C and plenty of Aegean sun( you should see how my toms are doing!).

I'd love to see some pictures of yours( it'll be an honour) so that I could have something to compare with, although your neck of woods is somewhat different from mine.
I'd be obliged if you stayed tuned and gave me some insight as to the phenos...Also kind of anxious to see how big they can grow.

I wish you all the best in turn!

P.S. Now I understand why the Japs are so proud of their cherry gardens!

Greetings,

We had a great week of weather here, and my seedlings are starting to get a head of steam going. I'm having hope that they will get a couple of feet tall before planting near May 7th, the average last frost date. I live in an interesting climate. We do not have a very long frost free season, but we have fairly mild winters.

Here is the rack of seedlings:
picture.php

A few close ups, first a narrower leaf Bangi Haze:
picture.php

Finally, one of my NepalJam:

picture.php

I don't believe I can give you much insight about the various phenotypes that you might see. I have only grown one indoors. I started 3, and only one showed it was female before I put it in the grow cabinet. The others I culled. All three were very squat and broad leaved. This year, it looks like only 2 are broad leaved, and the other 3 are narrower leaf looking. I'm excited because these may be Congolese leaning, which I understand is where the energetic and trippy traits come from.

Hope you and yours are doing well,

ThaiBliss

orfeas

Veteran
Hi all!

seems as if my seedlings are trudging along not satisfying me with their growth.

ThaiBliss, thanks for posting! One of my Banghi looks somewhat similar to that interesting pheno of yours, that's why I put it in the ground. I've got a hunch it is a girl, but then as the greek saying goes "The hungry dream of bread"...

As for the Jamaldelica, five seedlings (two started later), two phenos or at least that's what I see.

Attachments

• P1070212.jpg
    P1070212.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P1070218.jpg
    P1070218.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
A couple of Jamaldelica shots showing a clearer difference and one Banghi Haze with a brown top. Is that a telltale sign?
The broad leaf Jamdel is ten days younger.

Attachments

• P1070235.jpg
    P1070235.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 18
  • P1070234.jpg
    P1070234.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070232.jpg
    P1070232.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 15

ThaiBliss

Veteran
A couple of Jamaldelica shots showing a clearer difference and one Banghi Haze with a brown top. Is that a telltale sign?
The broad leaf Jamdel is ten days younger.

Hi Orpheas,

Your plants look healthy and are picking up steam. That color on the apical meristem looks familiar. I believe it is from the bright sunshine and cool temperatures. Looks to me like that Bangi Haze is loving life!

Can't wait to see your Zamaldelicas get big. That is a beautiful strain.

Here is a picture of the unusual Bangi Haze I have:
picture.php

Best Wishes,

ThaiBliss

orfeas

Veteran
Waxing moon and anchors aweigh
setting out on unknown voyage
never having grown this strain before
the ancient mariner's ordeal won't be told here
I hope...

Well, then, three Jamaldelicas in the ground, two very distinct phenos.
One thin leafed has got purplish stem and leaf stalks.
The broad leafed is the most vigorous.
Anyone any enlightenment on the phenos?

Attachments

• P1070256.jpg
    P1070256.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1070254.jpg
    P1070254.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1070259.jpg
    P1070259.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 19
  • P1070252.jpg
    P1070252.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Waxing moon and anchors aweigh
setting out on unknown voyage
never having grown this strain before
the ancient mariner's ordeal won't be told here
I hope...

Well, then, three Jamaldelicas in the ground, two very distinct phenos.
One thin leafed has got purplish stem and leaf stocks.
The broad leafed is the most vigorous.
Anyone any enlightenment on the phenos?

Hey Orfeas,

I planted mine in the soil outside today also. I love your thin leaf Thai looking Zamaldelica. Wicked Looking:
attachment.php

I'm growing some NepalJam as well as the Bangi Haze. This NepalJam is the skinniest leaf plant out of all of them:

picture.php

Cold and wet weather is rolling back in here. Perhaps it will help get the roots established before it gets really hot.

ThaiBliss

R

rüdiger

is the fatter one branchy? looks like mine early, must compare leaves when yours get mature.
this one is quite fast(can say only for rootbound in pot), likes high K(P) low N (~3:1).
and good yielder!

rüdiger

orfeas

Veteran
ThaiBliss,
I'm glad you fancy that Jamdel, happens to be my favourite too!
Thank you for the Nepjam photos, which I will compare to mine when they get a bit bigger...

ruediger, thanks for chimimg in! Yes, the fatter one does seem to be branchy, although it's a bit early to tell. But it filled the pot all the way, unlike the thin leaf ones.
I suppose it'll take off pretty fast since it likes high K-P(as you say) being abundant in my soil.
Will post some pics in a few days when there is some growth(hopefully!).

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
i like your thin leaf zmldlka also and im wondering about the
flowering time that thin plants has....
the thinner,the longer am i wrong?

Latest posts

Latest posts