What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Strain Identification?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
These clones seem to be getting a little sweeter-smelling as they dry - like a slightly acrid skunk sweetness, rather than fruity though. They're drying quick, as there's nothing on them, and they're full of seeds - should be able to smoke some tomorrow.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I just pulled a few seeds out of these clones, and they're absolutely huge - the mutant one was weird, but most of the others are almost as big as that one...:)

G

Hi all :wave:

Elevator Man, one pheno of Caribe has the dark leaves too, only seems to show from half way through flowering. Smell of that pheno is of sweet strawberries in lemon juice, divine :yummy:

Hope you went/go up Blue Mountain Peak for sunrise, the view through the mist is phenomenally beautiful and peaceful.

Irie

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Close-up bud shots...

Close-up bud shots...

Nomadic - now that one looks close - mine isn't purpling yet, but it will...:)

Here's some close-up photos of the seeded clones I produced just now using the Flo pollen - as I mentioned, the seeds are a monstrous size - bigger even than my Thais, which are pretty big.

But the photo reveals just how resinous this strain is - it's ridiculous coverage - easily the most resinous strain I've ever grown. As can be seen, the buds are covered in weird tangled threadlike thrichomes - whether these are all non-glandular (ie non-THC) or glandular is hard to tell, but some glandular ones are clearly visible that have insanely long stems. The smell is much sweeter and more pleasant on drying - the dusty cheese smell almost vanishes - it's more of a sweet skunky, floral and vaguely fruity smell and taste, but I honestly can't smell strawberries (yet). These aren't cured at all - just air-dried, but it still tastes and smokes very smoothly.

And as for potency - this stuff is dynamite. With a month-long cure, this could be lethal stuff - very strong soaring sativa high, but with enough body and mellowness to keep you on the ground - not as trippy as the Malawi Gold, but more in the sativa-dom skunk departmnt, though it lasts longer.

My take now, after growing it so far, and smoking a few early samples, is that this IS a Blue Mountain strain, but it's been crossed, either deliberately or accidentally by a sweet indica, skunk or white widow, which has given it the more chunky profile, high resin production, and more dank smell. That's my theory anyway. Now I have a few seeds made from the cross with the purple Flo male, I am definitely going to try and produce a more sativa-leaning pheno of this one....:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Grass_Lover - ah, I see, you're writing the same kind of stuff in all the forums - any particular reason for this 'contribution'? Are you a real person, or just a piece of spam software?

Shit looks like a faggot, for real.. from the earth, but not like a fagoot... jsut a n old faggot that u dcant aproach till u faggot enuff

Ur a faggot.

Must be a hetero-multi-latteral-fuck-your-light.

only add up to old dead, fat ghosts.

If you smoke more and bitch less you'll only be feeding your own shit H-OL.E.EE.E`

Last edited:

tiedye420

Which leads us to the question...
Should some people's childern be shot at brith? (purpose misspelling )
Anyways not my beef.
I'm just ballistic about ididots anymore...
FOUR of the old hand me down jamiacans are up...
Growing pretty slow too... Not like the other sativas I have....
Colombian is a slow starter, and can have some fat wierd leaves...This is a trait which breeds strongly in a good colombian. I been growing mexiacn and colombian sativas for 30+ years, off and on...
This is my first time growing Jamaican, It's nice to have this thread to read...
I was right though, The Thai's and jamaicans do well in a hothouse this time of year..
Only little babies, but they get hardened from one open side of hothouse to wind/rain/snow.. Also venting this way.. Once temps stay above 45 at night, I'll put a few windows in...Maybe hinged like arizona room storm windows...cross venting...
For now it takes a lot of time mixing 33 gallon hefty bags of soil...Each plant gets it's own 33 gallon growbag......Should be interesting...
The babies have fatter leaves than when they first came out...
VERY interesting to say the least..
tiedye

G

Hi tiedye :wave:

can't wait to see how they turn out in your hands and in a greenhouse :sasmokin: All the jamaicans I've grown have been really easy plants to grow and with that rootspace they are going to be loving it. Funny I had the same thing, pretty slow starters with fatter leaves than expected for a sativa, I wonder if they have anything in common :wink:

Elevator Man :wave:
those buds like wonderful! Cheese smell? Could that be a skunk parent in there somewhere?

Peace

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I just finished the last of those little buds, and man, they are potent...:)

But the cheesy smell fades on drying - it's replaced by a much sweeter aroma, which suggests there might be some skunk in there. or something similar anyway. Not strawberry or any real fruit as such, just a nice sweet mellow smell. I think large finished buds will give me a much better idea.

I got 18 good JA X Flo seeds from the two clones - I'm happy with that, as it was only a test, and I'll probably wait till the end of the summer to start those - that will be a killer variety to work on... :chin:

But the seeds are huge...at left are some 'normal' size G13 X Flo for comparison:

G

Hi EM :wave:

wow big seeds! There's been a Jamaica x Blueberry going around here for a while. Wonderfully funky coloured plants, great smell and rock hard, but small buds. Reckon your cross with Flo is going to turn out beautifully :sasmokin:

Irie

tiedye420

Snow on the hothouse

Snow on the hothouse

Got me out of bed at midnight...
There was a power surge about 10 minutes later.. It was actually off for a minute or so.. I was curious as to the temp of the greenhouse anyways. One side is completely open to the weather...
There is snow about 4 to 6 inches deep everywhere outside.. Gonna get some wicked shots of nature in the morning.
My halide needed shuting down after the surge, i got dressed fast and ran out there...Sure enough it was burning up trying to turn on so soon.Going to get a restart delay before I replace the bulbs though..
ANYWAYS, the hothouse is about 45 degrees inside... I went in and fumbled in the dark for the seedlings.They felt perky and are doing fine...
Snow is insulating the roof, I'll clean it off when the sun comes up..
The jamaicans and vision thai are looking fantastic in the hothouse enviroment.. They should be transplanted today or tomorrow,Into 6" containers...I think i'll try the gromulch on the tropicals.. :chin:
I like kelloggs patio plus for afghanis- the sand is good for them.
I used FF/OceanForest and it was too hot for the g-13 at first..
patio plus is better for those...

Anyone ever use growmulch for thier tropicals?

tiedye420

Nomadic
Your much too kind.. Aww shucks..Good to see ya around though..

Elevator Man
My gosh! Sure you didn't take a few spanish peanuts and paint em up to look like cannabis seeds? L.O.L>Nice work- those beans LOOK dank!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I was showing my hippy friend these monster seeds yesterday, and we had one of those classic 'fumbles' - he managed to drop six into his cup of tea! That was fun - no time for dark looks or threats - I just tipped his tea down the sink through a strainer, and then sat there hand-drying each one for the next ten minutes! No harm done...except to his soul...:)

But I'm missing this stuff already, after two days smoking it - it's amazing. The main plant is looking quite incredible now, with a totally unique bud structure - it's a classic indica in bud structure - big, solid, distinct ball-shaped buds - however, these will all join up shortly, and think I'm going to end up with 'club'-shaped colas.

I don't know what the hell it is, but I'm really pleased I have this one...:)

tiedye420

Kewl dude!
I got a few clones from the topknot of my craziest creation..I have never seen blades like this except in pictures from the 70's..
One single blade is as wide as two lighters... The stems are the fattest I ever seen.
But not these empty hollow shell stems a lot of hybrids get..
These stems are solid, with a shiney green center full of fluids.....Very woody like, but not stringy like hemp either....It's G-13xNL5xHindu Kush and I can make f1 till the cows carry me home with this one....
If I can get permissions from the donor of my nlxkush I'l put her in production also.
She should breed true being of afghani/kush genotype.. It's actually a recombination if ya think about it.. NL is afghani origin, So is g-13.. The kush is a cousin..
She is a beauty to behold...
I'm very anxious to get some cuts flowering on this one...Also three or four hand me down NL's i'm trying for the first time...(should have various phenotypes if it's really A hand me down- and it seems to have a few- one is monster branching and much shorter spacing between the nodes- smells vary a bit also)
I been wanting to get a picture of the yard (Medical compound- he he he) and today it's wrapped in snow... I gotta make sure the camera's charged for sunrise...
later,
tie

G

Em :wave:

love the hippy tea! Surprised he didn't just drink it along with the seeds, most of the hippies around here would have :sasmokin:

Strange what you said about the bud structure, mine look like they might be starting to do something very similar. Plucked an imature bud the other day and let it dry. Couldn't help sampling it :joint: Wonderful smoke, up, happy, introspective, inspiring, strong and long lasting high. Quite energteic and with a slight trippy edge to it, though that's probably the NL/Haze heritage. Got a good irie factor to it, though its not like the old Jamaican I used to smoke; doesn't have the head nodding, totally irie, laughing feel to it. Looks promising in any case for the final product.

Tiedye :wave:

would love to see a pic of those blades! That is total indica madness going on there. Hope the snow thaws soon and makes way for a beautiful spring.

Peace

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Jamaican furiously budding...

Jamaican furiously budding...

OK folks - check these out. Also note the 'knuckles' on the stem - again, unique to this strain...

About three weeks to go I reckon - and just imagine it then...lordy... :chin:

mascobelix

Hola a todos.

He leido al principio algunos comentarios sobre la Jamaica 85... aqui les muestro unas fotos de Jamaica BM 85 cultivada en el sur de españa, misma variedad utilizada en los hibridos Caribe, Jamaica/Blueberry o LIF de Cannabiogen.

Saludos, y disculpen la traduccion automatica.

Hello to all.

I have read in the beginning some commentaries on Jamaica 85... aqui I show photos to them of Jamaica BM 85 cultivated in the south of Spain, same variety used in the hibrid ones Caribe, Jamaica/Blueberry or LIF of Cannabiogen.

Greetings, and excuse the automatica translation.

Latest posts

Latest posts