What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Strain Identification?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my KC S1's are frosting up pretty early

this pic at 33 days. how long does it go normally?
ill get some more pics soon now it's getting interesting...
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks g0v!

yeah to my untrained eye it looks like the KC defo has some thai in it - and maybe some haze. guess it must have a lil' indica too but not a great deal.

VG

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The original usually takes 9-10 weeks in soil - no more. One of my friends does it in hydro, and it's usually done around 9. I haven't kept a clone back this time, as I had to get on with the offspring, so this will be the last time I run it - it's about three weeks in I think right now and just getting going.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres my KC S1 at 40 days. ive managed to coax a half decent canopy out of it but this isnt the easiest strain to scrog thats for sure
picture.php

picture.php

VG

jrdamaddoc

ICMag Donor
There are many open questions to kc´s genetic...
I got the kc strain as downcutted motherplant (clone) two years ago from a friend who brought it from amsterdam and the only one in knew that it´s a jamaican strain from someone in u.k.
the first thing i did was to save her from spider mildreds
then i let her grew as motherplant and made some cuts
i grew some clones indoor (under 1200W) and some outdoor in growing tents
my first impression (indoor) was that it similar to some of my other hybrid strains (at this time i grew about 200 plants in- and outdoor) and i looked like a mostly indica hybrid
but after i harvested the indoor plants i thought they smelled more like angola bangi or some strain with more sativa influence but they finished fast like the most indica hybrid´s
then i smoked some and i thought that she was/is a typical netherland hybrid from the 90´s with a exotic touch who someone brought to jamaica (at this time i was not registred here and has no internet so i only could look for information when i used a friends pc)
and then as i brought my outdoor sativas to my indoor room for the last flowering month i let stood the big motherplant outdoors with the other indicas cause it looked like she would finished early
but she left outdoors until mid october
and then as temperature sank under 10°C i was astounded cause i was afraid that she would suffer damage
but nothing happened...
and the interesting thing was that she was smelling a little bit different then the indoor plants that i harvested before
and as i smoked the cured herb she tasted totally different and much more spicy and exotic like the indoor plants...
and the mad about her is that now after 2 years is that she becomes better and better
so long about my own kc expierience...

i personally think that after i read this thread thats the "maroon-theory" is really possible and after someone brought some indica´s from india to jamaica they was wildcrossed with the "old" jamaican sativas from the mountains and then over decades and maybe a century she became "naturally" selected...

thanx to elevator man british hempire and all who bring this great "oldschool", exotic and crazy strain to us

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35005&pictureid=825503

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35005&pictureid=825502

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Got some some seed from a grower who was in Jamaica.Turned out to be an indica.Actually no surprise at all, but it would be nice if it was a nice oldskool sativa.

picture.php

Keep on growing :)