What's new

Jamaican Pearl

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I have been frustrated by my attempts to find info/threads and pics of Jamaican Pearl (sensi seeds outdoor strain). There was only one report on it in the OG strainguide, and I havent really been able to find much other info except one thread in the smoke report forum.

If anyone has grown this strain, or smoked it, I would really appreciate some info and pics. If anyone knows of a thread or has links to something dealing with JP, that would be real nice as well.

thanks a lot, Ez

Never grown it but a dutch grower on another forum has one pheno that finnishes extremly early. July to August at about 52°n.
Supposed to be a decent smoke too.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Hey ezra.

I grew the Jamaican Pearl outdoors in -99 or -00. Six hours of direct sun (in a nortern European climate) a day wasn't enough for the JP, since it grew very lanky with practically only popcorn sized buds. The plants were also hit by something that seemed like mildew, but no mildew treatment helped against it. They also refused to finish, and in early november (which can be very cold around here) I panicked and cut them down.

Nevertheless, some of my sativa loving friends still say this was the best bud they ever had from me.

I don't believe you'll find much hype or threads about this strain, but mostly good notes from those who grew it.

At two different occasions, years apart, I've asked the guys at the Sensi Seeds boutique in Amsterdam what they thought was Sensi's best smoking Sativa, and at both occasions they answered Jamaican Pearl. Either they were just trying to bump JP sales, or they really thought so.

If only the JP yielded like that Maroc in your picture...

Last edited:

goeweer

(first post here :wave:, pardon mi english)

I've got no pictures, but i grew it two years ago outdoors in N.Europe (50 N) and i was surprised how big it grew and good good smoke.
very tall plants. i planted them rather late, so they finished end of october if i remember well.

i cured some buds for more than six months and they tasted and smelled delicious (some real jamaican flavour was present, or was this my imagination,:chin: ).

easy plants to grow from my experience.

Fi_Di_Bot

Son Of Botany - Green Block Original Shrdana
Veteran
Hi.
my first outdoor grow was a guerrilla with 8 jamaican pearl, got only 2 females, only one was all the day under the light, the other one take only 3/4 hours of direct sun.
put in earth at the end of may, first flowers at the end of july,
the all day sun gal was topped by a grasshopper (i found it eating the head) so i keep it low by tieing it.
cut at half of october before the gals were ready (1 or 2 week) 'couse a big rain was coming, i cutted off the last flowers under a storm!!!
from the big one i make about 420 gr, and about 70 gr from the lil one. and 10 gr of hash with iceolator.
the smoke was good but i don't remember the taste.

a friend of mine make some other jp the same year, but he got different pheno from mine, he cutted at the end of december and got more bigger yeld than mine (average 550/600 gr for plant)
(we have hot summers, south europe 41°48N)

i found only a pic of the lil one, this pic has been taken 2 weeks before the cut. the main cola was about 30/32 cm long

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the replies. This strain is at the top of my list of considerations for the next outdoor season.

Rosy Cheeks - its interesting the guys at Sensi recommended it as the best smoking sativa with so many other great sativas in their catalog. I am confident I can get a decent yield out of the JP, well good for my purposes anyway. Yield is not my biggest consideration, I would like to grow a nice quality sativa next season. The Maroc yielded ok. The colas were huge, but due to the open bud structure, they were not extremely weighty.

Fi_Di_Bot - looks very sativa dominant, check out those leafs. Thanks for sharing.

Just as a side note, a few years ago I grew the Mexican Sativa from sensi and was very happy with the quality. I had 100% germ rate (12/12) with 9 females, 2 males and 1 50/50 hermi. Very sativa phenotypes which also matured early . Yield was on the lower side, but the quality was fantastic. Very enjoyable smoke. Several guys said it was the best smoke they ever had. I wrote a report on it which in the old OG strainguide, if anyone is interested. I have some pics the Mexican in my gallery somewhere on the first couple of pages I think. This pic of the JP above actually reminds me of what the Mexican looked like, very narrow leaflets like that.

- Ez

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice bud :yes:
Never grew it,but smoked some.Great results outdoors here in Spain.Somewhat piney spicy,nice sativa high,not very strong but adequate...good party weed IMO.Some plants have beautiful pink hairs :D

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I grew some out and harvested earlier this year. The plants were extremely small (Winter flowering), but the bud was very POTENT, tasty and somewhat hazey. It didn't mold at all, although all my other strains did (Afghani (Homegrown Fantaseeds) and Sour Mist (Rezdog). I live in the tropics. Interestingly, one of the guys at Sensi told me he really liked the JP too and that they grew it out on Dutch rooftops. He might have been referring to the guy on the Sensi forum who grows it on rooftops though. He also lied about his username on the Sensi forum. Go figure. At least he gave me plenty of Mother's Finest to vape in the Volcano! He even offered to let me use Eagle Eye Bill's vape! :)

I just planted two into fresh peat moss. I crossed my first JP female with the Afghani, so I have a few seeds from that cross to toy with, but I'm looking to cross the JP with my pure Indian sativa to hopefully delay flowering a little.

Here's a little of the JP with a nice little pipe I bought in Amsterdam...

Last edited:

Mr James

A friend has kept this around for a long time, the clone I got had to be chopped late October outdoor in North Europe but would have liked to have finish in November? She was in the ground, and was easy to grow and stood up to some poor weather in various stages of growing, it is possible she could have survived early November but some plants at another plot wer elost to ripping so I couldn't risk 0/5. Cool Sativa thin and pointy buds, not huge but okay. A very nice sativa with a high that takes you high and hazey. Taste was a little piney, a little hazey, a little spicy and very smooth.

G

Ezra,
Grew a few last year, didnt get em out till late, grew quite tall 2.6 meters, nice plants, bit of trouble with wind splitting side branches. Smelt lovely, but late finishing, I harvested 1 November, could have been a bit longer, fairly mould resistant. Didnt put them out till july so they were late. Quite good yield. Never got round to smoking em. Lovely rich tarry smell, note how the side branches curl upwards, sativa style. Heres a couple a pics. Hope that helps.
53 N.
cheers.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Jamaican pearl is a very sativa dominat from sensi.

Friends grew her the first year she was available. She grew very vigorous, tall and branchy producing a huge final yield. Easy sativa to grow huge in soil. I liked a lot the finished product, very dense and complex sativa aroma, piney with a strong incense influence almost like kali mist, jack herer or some marlie's collie phenos. The high was real nice too, powerful and euphoric. I think it's a great plant for outdoor growing in warm climates.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hi ezra :wave:

I grew Jamaican Pearl last year outdoor, didn't like the pheno, i got, to much. The taste when being smoked was strange, didn't like it at all (in the volcano the taste was great, like menthol). The High was not very intense (this is probably because jp doesn't really get ready around here, only half of the hairs were brown)

But i think in australia it definately is worth a try ;) btw i have heard jp isn't to stable, i suppose i just had the wrong pheno. i'm sure there are really nice ones in there.

I'll search my hd for some pics and post them up...

greetz

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
As promised some pics of jamaican pearl, outdoor grown in europe:

21805MG_2793-med.jpg

21805MG_2875-med.jpg

21805MG_2795-med.jpg

21805IMG_2848-med.jpg

greetz :wave:

elkslayer

Rosy Cheeks said:
Hey ezra.

I grew the Jamaican Pearl outdoors in -99 or -00. Six hours of direct sun (in a nortern European climate) a day wasn't enough for the JP, since it grew very lanky with practically only popcorn sized buds. The plants were also hit by something that seemed like mildew, but no mildew treatment helped against it. They also refused to finish, and in early november (which can be very cold around here) I panicked and cut them down.

Nevertheless, some of my sativa loving friends still say this was the best bud they ever had from me.

I don't believe you'll find much hype or threads about this strain, but mostly good notes from those who grew it.

At two different occasions, years apart, I've asked the guys at the Sensi Seeds boutique in Amsterdam what they thought was Sensi's best smoking Sativa, and at both occasions they answered Jamaican Pearl. Either they were just trying to bump JP sales, or they really thought so.

If only the JP yielded like that Maroc in your picture...

I did the same at roughly the same year 99. I only grew out five and had one very sativa female. It was/still is talked about from my sat loving friends.

Good Luck

ES

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
OK so this is where I am up to at the moment. Here we have Biddy's Sister (smaller ones in the middle directly under the light) and Jamaican Pearl (the rest). The light is a 130w cfl. I re-potted the JPs about 2 days ago, so they should really grow well now that they have a lot more root space. They will be planted out in about 10 days I think. The Biddy's sister were sprouted later, so they will be planted out a little later.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
well, as it turned out, we have JP in 3 different spots this season. 2 in a garden bed which are quite large plants (pictures later) We have 4 little ones in a guerilla grow, and another one in a vegetable garden at another location looked after by a friend. This last one is very stealth between the veggies, this is why it has been kept a small bushy plant. nevertheless, it has some tight buds starting to form. I have been very impressed with this strain so far. They are all doing well, especially the 2 big ones I will show later. All organically grown outdoor.

These pics are from the small bush my friend is keeping. The white residue on the leaves was some earth juice bloom he poured over them (have instructed him not to foliar feed from now on) hopefully the nutes will be washed away with some rain. Anyway, I will show the other plants soon aswell.

Latest posts

Latest posts