What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I agree with all of that, nothing wrong with selection or outcrossing in it self. In fact I think this JLB of ours has already been enhanced a lot by selection, the buds are as Jgl or John Public said 'semi dense' and have good resin on them. It's important to bear in mind that they've already been through 3 or 4 generations of indoor growing if I'm not mistaking.

I just cut most of mine at 120 days and there's a variety of browned overripe calyxes, cold infused purplish calyxes and fresh ones still sporting white pistils. My nose is telling me this fruit is ready for pickin. Just to be sure the lower buds with seeds are left to ripen for some time.

Thanks to all involved in maintaining the jamaican lambsbread. Best I ever smoked in past 20 yrs was in Jamaica. Slow creeper effects, extra uplift.

Are there any smoke reports on the double jam?

Oh, looking at the underground seeds... has anybody smoked durganChitral? i was watching some canadian movie where they were saying durban x afghan was some of the best ever :)

do you think there is really a benefit of crossing say a pure Congo... with say another fast flowing strain.. take ace Congo for example...it's cross with an Indica.., but as far as potency is that of any benefit?. like wouldn't a pure Congo grow 14-16 weeks plus be more potent than one that's crossed with say a 9-10 week... wouldn't the Congo have more time to develop making it reach its potential and potency?
I can dig it, but I don't get caught up in the surface value of hybrids, in truth I value the motivation behind examples like this having a ethnobotanical approach.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I took some time to visit the garden this weekend, the weather was lovely for this month (26-28ºC yesterday!) and I've spent some time with the plants. So far I'm really impressed with this female, she's been flowering for about 3 months already (forcing since august to avoid maturing under harsh conditions and loosing the crop) and she really made some progress!

So far, this female looks pretty firm in sex, couldn't find any nanners. There is a reasonable amount of resin, tiny calyxes are coated in shiny trichomes that have a great smell when rubbed. More subtle than the hybrids of course, but great for a landrace. Reminds me a bit to sweet/sour fruits like lemon, mango or passion fruit, even reminded me a bit to the acid apple smell of the X18 strain. I wish I could have a more precise nose but this is how it is!

Look at this crazy branching, the plant responded very nicely to some bending acquiring such a nice structure, strech wasn't that crazy either:

picture.php

picture.php

You can see how some leaves are starting to get curled a bit, not in an excessive way but I can feel she's not 100% happy. Plant was fed on wormcastings, guano and some algae fertilizer in very light doses (never exceding EC 1) but I guess this enviroment is far from being close to tropical conditions.

I guess you really need to figure out how to care this kind of exotic genetics. Once you get to know their feeding and growing habits, you'll be ready to make the most from them. But it will take a few runs though, I gotta say that I don't have any problems with yelowing leaves. Plants smoke and cure much better and an excess of nitrogen during flowering will make too leafy buds as a great friend told me in the past:

picture.php

Group of colas enjoying the sun here:

picture.php

And a close up, flowers are maturing slowly but non stop! Maybe the plant can still go for a few weeks but I won't leave her for too long if the weather turns much worse. There is already an important lack of light during this time of the year. The sun doesn't bright that much and the next week it's gonna be a bit rainy, so the plant will be moved inside home to avoid the rain.

picture.php

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Last group of close ups from the flowers:

picture.php

picture.php

I love those tiny sticky calyxes packed with resin!

picture.php

Still plenty of fertile pistils, let's see how the plant goes in two weeks. I'm looking forward to chop this beauty, give her a proper cure and sample those buds! :biggrin:

picture.php

Vibes! ;-)

Azaghal

Veteran
Beautiful Lambsbread, Mustafunk !

It´s comforting too see this awesome, vintage Cannabis strain to be maintained by good people.:good:

Wish you a prosperous harvest and a happy sampling :rasta:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Mustafunk! Wow, what a change. Has it been that long? It made great progress. That close up picture looks so good. I hope it continues to go well for you.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Mustafunk! Wow, what a change. Has it been that long? It made great progress. That close up picture looks so good. I hope it continues to go well for you.

Yeah indeed! The last pictures were taken at the end of August so yep, almost 3 months already, time flies right? I've been for a few weeks outside my place so when I came this weekend to see the garden you can imagine how excited I got when I saw those colas enjoying the sun and smelled all that tropical bliss in my garden! Shame I didn't have more females to compare but this season was quite crazy. :biggrin:

Forcing plants is a clever way to keep enjoying this tropical beauties outdoors even if you live in 43N latitude like me. I must add that the plant wasn't really flowering at 12 hours. I friend I shared a cut with, had it indoors and when he took the clone outside at slightly less than 12h daylength, started to re-veg like a bitch! I've been cutting it at 11h since the first day, so you can figure now why this girl progressed so fast! Otherwise it would probably take longer.

Next update would probably be right at the harvest time. :tiphat:

Vibes.

Last group of close ups from the flowers:

View Image

View Image

I love those tiny sticky calyxes packed with resin!

View Image

Still plenty of fertile pistils, let's see how the plant goes in two weeks. I'm looking forward to chop this beauty, give her a proper cure and sample those buds! :biggrin:

View Image

Vibes! ;-)

Hi Mustafunk, very nice up as always.. :yes:

..which kind of photographic lens did U used for those pics ?

green vibes :tiphat:

S

SativaSeed

Incredible Mustafunk ! I'm very interested about Lamb's bread, and these ones are wonderful... You did a great work forcing these ladies ;)

Best vibeeesss

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Few Lamsbread branches that have been pollinated with a nice Vietnam Black male, I'm hoping for dark colors from both sides so I guess this will be the new upcoming Jamaican Black hybrid! ;)

jamaican_black_seeds_1.jpg

jamaican_black_seeds_2.jpg

jamaican_black_seeds_3.jpg

Vibes.

Last edited:

Huesos

Cannabis is always evolving. In the hands of good stewardship of humanity, tremendous creations lay ahead.

Vietnamese Black sounds right on.