What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack's has a cannabis Feeding Chart NOW!

Well you know in the old days you couldn't call up these companies and talk grass. Well, times are changing! Jack's (Peter's) new Cannabis and Hemp feeding Schedule has quite some twists from what we have been reading round here for the last many years! How about 1200 PPM at .5 conversion! How about 10-30-20 for a week or 2 in transition! I'm sure there are many posts on this already. Wow home page has "marijuana"! They know better they don't want to get left behind! I swear to god 3 years ago I couldn't get them to talk weed with me -- now they say "call us"!:dance013:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Well you know in the old days you couldn't call up these companies and talk grass. Well, times are changing! Jack's (Peter's) new Cannabis and Hemp feeding Schedule has quite some twists from what we have been reading round here for the last many years! How about 1200 PPM at .5 conversion! How about 10-30-20 for a week or 2 in transition! I'm sure there are many posts on this already. Wow home page has "marijuana"! They know better they don't want to get left behind! I swear to god 3 years ago I couldn't get them to talk weed with me -- now they say "call us"!:dance013:
All good but my links to jrpeters no longer work.. gotta link?

EDIT: i have been to their site.. I saw nothing about growin cannabis.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran

Just a week or two? I hold my P high for weeks..
Do you have a chart I can't see? I got about this far https://www.jacksnutrients.com/jacks-nutrients-lineup

edit: Found it :)
https://www.jacksnutrients.com/cannabis-hemp-schedules

That was hard work. They have probably sold it for decades, but we only just found the links lol

Edit2: I think I'm sold on the tap. Note how the grow food is switched for a bloom formula for just a couple of weeks, then the switch back to the grow. Only using the higher K and lower N in the final stage. My ionic grow coco is that base ratio. I boost P early flower, K late flower, and have used the grow formula in flower for years. Not recently though, which has led to me upping the N and finding the K too high in the bloom. Right to the end where I can lift it. For me.. this is probably going to be perfect. With some calmag... because LEDs

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Do you have a chart I can't see? I got about this far https://www.jacksnutrients.com/jacks-nutrients-lineup

That was hard work. They have probably sold it for decades, but we only just found the links lol

Edit2: I think I'm sold on the tap. Note how the grow food is switched for a bloom formula for just a couple of weeks, then the switch back to the grow. Only using the higher K and lower N in the final stage. My ionic grow coco is that base ratio. I boost P early flower, K late flower, and have used the grow formula in flower for years. Not recently though, which has led to me upping the N and finding the K too high in the bloom. Right to the end where I can lift it. For me.. this is probably going to be perfect. With some calmag... because LEDs
I thank you for the link fe... i did go there but did not see the Peters formula that D9 used: 5-12-26. Did I turn my head and the new best formula changed and I didnt get the word?

EDIT: Never mind Just found it under 1-2-3 formula.. now listed part A jacks 5-12-26.

Azeotrope

Veteran

Curious what the "because LEDs" bit is about? Is it because LEDs leave something to be desired that think a nutrient adjustment will correct? I mean...... LEDs are lacking big time.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Curious what the "because LEDs" bit is about? Is it because LEDs leave something to be desired that think a nutrient adjustment will correct? I mean...... LEDs are lacking big time.

The 660nm in LEDs really revs up the plant metabolism, requiring more Mg. Although LEDs have been making leaps and bounds in advances, plants evolved around the sun, which is still the best light source.

Disappointed to see a company like Peters pushing the high P myth. Plants use what they use. Next I'll be finding out they recommend a "flush". Bahahaha

K+ for people realizing the high P myth.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Depends what you call high. I'm doing fast plants that want a lot of P early on. Notice they take 4 5th of it straight back out, where you put it in Bill. My plants like it how they are doing it, which is a valued confirmation for me. A shift from early P use to late K use. Some other lines do the same. Contrary to Canna who put both up in the middle. We all find what works for us.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran

No, LEDs are not lacking. I have moved over to them completely. They pay for themselves in a single hit. I presume you tried them and got wrinkled striped plants if you don't understand the need for a feed correction

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I would like to break down the jacks tap to look at ppm.
First, the grow.
They use a 15-5-20 at 200ppm-67ppm-267ppm. With Epsom at 23ppm Mg.

At this point I look to my Ionic coco grow. At 7ml per liter its 133 48 182 but if we use 50% more 200 72 273 which puts the P a little ahead. However, the 5% in the jacks is rounded to the nearest number. It could be 5.4% which is 72ppm.

Now the bloom.
At 10-30-20 they mix it at 150ppm-450ppm-300pm with that 23ppm mg from Epsom.

My eyes may of just been opened to what High P is.
That bloom is only used the first two weeks. Where I use the ionic grow at the 7ml bottle dose, plus a ml of mono P and a ml of a 11%K potasium silicate to give 130-225-175. The suggestion I could add ~0.8ml of PK 13/14 is early dosing indeed. It's interesting though, with most P taken by plants early in their life and Canna also giving K only mid bloom. My plants tend to ask about week 3-4, but burn it they get it. Week 2 in readiness... interesting indeed. It never burns the plants, it burns the buds.

DiverDave

Mars FC 6500

Mars FC 6500

I have come to see what is new in Jack Peters mix formula .. will read link next.
Thank you for posting.
I have been using the 1 2 3 formula for almost 3yrs the way it was mentioned when I learned.
I do not over feed, but have since started a bit of change .. you judge if I did something wrong. Pictures at end.
My changes were .. changed from the Cal they said to use to Cal Mag Plus and early on I put Orca microbes into my bio bucket system.

I may be wrong or it may be the genetics from Seedman .. but I got explosive growth for Autos.
4 planets in 5x5 with no room for me :(

Mazarilla at week 11.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DD

I want to try the One Week suggested 10-30-20 by Jacks Cannabis Schedule? I am concerned about NO Calcium for one week?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
howdy, the jack's and calcinit two-part, when mixed to their directions, is approx 3-1-4.

all their one-part formulas, except for the bloom boosters and the finishing formula, are remarkably close to 3-1-4. just slightly tweaked and one-part for convenience.

i don't see any radically new formulas here.

also, i prefer yara liva calcinit to jrpeters as it has a small nh4 %.

you can tweak the 2-part for bloom by going to either a 4-2-.5 as some are doing or 5-2.5-1, which is what i and some others are doing.

you can simply drop the calcinit to finish or, in recirculating hydro, pump out the entire solution and refill with ph-corrected tap water. i do this the last week.

the ph'ed water goes in at about 80 ppm and at the end it is usually around 350 ppm.

so i began using the 5-12-26 in march, 2010. i called and asked them what plant it was designed for.

"it was designed for small indoor growers" and would not specify a plant. now it's cannabis and hemp all over the place.

and apparently, once they realized they had a huge captive market for the 5-12-26 they began expanding the cannabis product line.

probably makes growing a little easier for new growers.

editing to add that the yara liva calcinit contains 7.8% of the total nitrogen as nh4.

i'm getting lush, vibrant, fast growing plants.

here's a pic of a recent plant in late veg. rare lemonhead.

Attachments

• IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
High P myth? Yet their website banner shows purple petioles. I think Jack needs more P!

I'll continue ignoring fertilizer companies until they make the connection between lights and nutes. Outdoor? Led? Intensity? All major factors.

We all know why led growers have purple petioles and blue leaves.. Because they are lacking!

20221115_022243.jpg

Anyone selling some old 10-12 band blurple leds? I threw away the 3 band quantum boards that all the grow forums recommended. Could use about a thousand watts. Kinda odd that phosphorus deficiency has been normalized in my opinion. No wonder there's so much bland, sugar free weed today. Raising temps to 85° doesn't quite cut it,obviously.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Jacks is awesome. The whole concept of raw minerals to feed plants completely turned my thinking around on nutes. I do ALL my own mixing starting with raw minerals for EVERYTHING. In fact have a whole thread about it... It is a very inexpensive way to grow quality meds. You really do not need all those adds the companies are pushing. Companies exist to do 1 thing..make money. The more products they can get you to buy the better for them. Jacks really has never operated that way. Most likely because they started in a legal industry where people spoke the truth and science not broscience...
Big up for Jacks!
Peace, negative.

GrandpaMillenial

Jacks is awesome. The whole concept of raw minerals to feed plants completely turned my thinking around on nutes. I do ALL my own mixing starting with raw minerals for EVERYTHING. In fact have a whole thread about it... It is a very inexpensive way to grow quality meds. You really do not need all those adds the companies are pushing. Companies exist to do 1 thing..make money. The more products they can get you to buy the better for them. Jacks really has never operated that way. Most likely because they started in a legal industry where people spoke the truth and science not broscience...
Big up for Jacks!
Peace, negative.

preach! half of that stuff, i bought at a greenhouse selling fruits and flowers

I’ve been using Jack’s a long time now and I found that I have to use 40% strength in my veg room under T5 lighting and 60% strength under 600 watts hps.