What's new

Jack's has a cannabis Feeding Chart NOW!

indocult

I wouldn't move the k yet. The b will help regulate the k. See how far you can take b first. Too much b will look like a calcium deficiency. As a separate trial you may want ease mn up closer to fe as you raise b.
Thanks for this. Will report back with results

indocult

I wouldn't move the k yet. The b will help regulate the k. See how far you can take b first. Too much b will look like a calcium deficiency. As a separate trial you may want ease mn up closer to fe as you raise b.
So you mentioned a 29% boric acid, this is the product info from what I grabbed. It says 17.4% as B ... start at .02/gal?
Screenshot_20230105-111117_Samsung Notes.jpg

indocult

OK at those rates the B will be (including base ppm)
.9429ppm for trial 1
.7585ppm trial 2

not sure of a target ppm for the molybdenum but will start with the B only for this trial

indocult

Wait, you mean freshly rooted cuts, i misunderstood.
plan to start the B In some bigger plants at flip, and also with freshly rooted just transplanted cuts, not under LEDs for veg.

jackspratt61

Wait, you mean freshly rooted cuts, i misunderstood.
plan to start the B In some bigger plants at flip, and also with freshly rooted just transplanted cuts, not under LEDs for veg.
It won't hurt your big plants but would be much better if tested on transplants so you can easily monitor roots,different rates of b and side by side control w/o added b.

Thank you for that, would you still use additional molybdate on top of MOST?

I haven't ever used MOST, recently switched 75% of my D.E. lamps to growerschoice LED's.

Everything under the LEDs are not happy, I use jacks/calnit (3.2/2.5) and Mendocino gardens flowering cal mag (5ml/gal) with a boost of homemade Hammerhead for pk week 3-6.

I upped the jacks and cal mag, but I'm definitely going to have to add something to get the ladies to act right under the LED. I think MOST and your suggestions are a good starting point.
Be careful using MOST. I can't even use it in my 150ppm tap water. Only in RO. Some sort of reaction happening. I contacted jacks over the summer, and they wanted me to get a detailed water report so see what's happening. The tap water gallon smells like straight iron, on the right. RO on the left. This is ONE Gram added just to show the effect.

Attachments

• 20220708_084404.jpg
    20220708_084404.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

Martinberg

Mars FC 6500

Mars FC 6500

I have come to see what is new in Jack Peters mix formula .. will read link next.
Thank you for posting.
I have been using the 1 2 3 formula for almost 3yrs the way it was mentioned when I learned.
I do not over feed, but have since started a bit of change .. you judge if I did something wrong. Pictures at end.
My changes were .. changed from the Cal they said to use to Cal Mag Plus and early on I put Orca microbes into my bio bucket system.

I may be wrong or it may be the genetics from Seedman .. but I got explosive growth for Autos.
4 planets in 5x5 with no room for me :(

Mazarilla at week 11.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DD
its look good

gmanwho

Veteran
There is a few posts in here about MOST, an im Not sure if i saw this mentioned, but Theres a micronutrient trace element powder product by a company called plant products. Most searches will show up as Plant-prod chelated micronutrient fertilizer mix.

Off the top of my head I believe i used the recommended dose of 0.18G per gal, this was also PRIOR to LED era. so im not sure if that has changed. Abit expensive but it goes a real longgggg way.

Chelated Iron (Fe) (actual)7%
Chelated Manganese (Mn) (actual)2%
Chelated Zinc (Zn) (actual)0.4%
Chelated Copper (Cu) (actual)0.1%
Boron (B) (actual)1.3%
Molybdenum (Mo) (actual)0.06%
EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate)42%
DTPA (Diethylene triamine pentaacetate)14%

Has anyone adjusted their Jacks formula for led? higher ppfd ,less infrared an cooler leaf temp an slower transpiration rates? Or something to that effect? I vaguely remember someone running 6/4/2 ratios mid flower, however dont quote me on that...

also alternatives to "jacks hydro", like masterblend, or others?

bsafe

Last edited: