What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jacks 321 under LED?

Hiddenjems

The ratios in jacks 3-2-1 are about perfect. Any deficiencies I’ve had could be fixed with a Rez change, and bringing up total ec.

The silica products are a joke, they push the ph up over 7 and constantly need acid added to keep the plants healthy.

From the pics it looks like high ph or to high of a dli.

COS

[/QUOTE

The silica products are a joke, they push the ph up over 7 and constantly need acid added to keep the plants healthy.

From the pics it looks like high ph or to high of a dli.[/QUOTE]

Do you use RO? You have the opposite problem that I do. have you tried a water softening deionizing filter like sodium chloride?
but you need to put that in front of your Ro filter so that your Ro filter can remove the sodium.
I add 30 ppm potassium silica and don't have to use any ph down at all.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
My Source water is 5.0 pH with high iron, RO wont remove it all so i have to add calcium carbonate after the RO to get my pH to 5.8. And that's it calcium carbonate will not get your pH any higher than that

RO filters are very good at removing iron, and calcium carbonate is alkaline. If you are adding lots and your solution is still acidic, I think something is amiss. It's actually pH 9.8 and a good buffer. Hard water areas are usually judged such by an alkaline pH indicating high calcium carbonate levels.

The filters I have looked over, have been a bit weak with boric acid. Just 50% effective. I can't think of any scenario where calcium carbonate couldn't make water alkaline though.

I just took my tank up 1.5ppm and it had no effect on pH. Not iron oxide though, it's edta unfortunately. Perhaps a poor test.

My plants are still not greened up as I would like, so it wasn't some sort of silver bullet for me. I won't push past commercial feed levels, for fear of that low pH problem in my terra.

COS

Yes you are correct the RO does remove most of the iron down from 45 ppm to 15 ppm but still it only gets the pH to 5.2

after it goes through the RO and the water neutralizer calcium carbonate filter it comes out at 5.8 pH and 50 PPM.

so at this point I have increased my calcium nitrate to 2.3 grams per gallon and the plants are still a yellowish green. And that's under just 30 watts of LED 18" should I increase to 3 grams? that sounds really excessive.

BorpotChrist

Its a bitch trying to grow under led. Wtf and this plant is only under 30 watts of led.
filedata/fetch?id=18104553&d=1647867753

"so at this point I have increased my calcium nitrate to 2.3 grams per gallon and the plants are still a yellowish green"

You have too much Nitrate and too much calcium. Not enough light.

None of these fertilizer formulas you internet guys use make sense. They all lock out boron and permanently ruin the flavor and high of your cuts. The plant will make flavor out of whatever it can when it's not fully processing its lipids. I bet Jack's in Rockwool tastes like Jack's in Rockwool. Right? Right..

Don't meet your heros. When it comes to sports they are foul mouthed cheating lying womanizers. When it comes to Cannabis, the heros are actively recommending shit fertilizer like Jacks, and laughing at your shit results. I've never been disgusted so bad in my life as I was the day I realized how/why grow forums work the way they do. They want you, the average nobody, to ruin your genetics with liquid bone meal injections and Calnit suppositories. And it worked.

COS

"so at this point I have increased my calcium nitrate to 2.3 grams per gallon and the plants are still a yellowish green"

You have too much Nitrate and too much calcium. Not enough light.

None of these fertilizer formulas you internet guys use make sense. They all lock out boron and permanently ruin the flavor and high of your cuts. The plant will make flavor out of whatever it can when it's not fully processing its lipids. I bet Jack's in Rockwool tastes like Jack's in Rockwool. Right? Right..

Don't meet your heros. When it comes to sports they are foul mouthed cheating lying womanizers. When it comes to Cannabis, the heros are actively recommending shit fertilizer like Jacks, and laughing at your shit results. I've never been disgusted so bad in my life as I was the day I realized how/why grow forums work the way they do. They want you, the average nobody, to ruin your genetics with liquid bone meal injections and Calnit suppositories. And it worked.

Thanks for your $0.02.

Next

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Yes you are correct the RO does remove most of the iron down from 45 ppm to 15 ppm but still it only gets the pH to 5.2

after it goes through the RO and the water neutralizer calcium carbonate filter it comes out at 5.8 pH and 50 PPM.

so at this point I have increased my calcium nitrate to 2.3 grams per gallon and the plants are still a yellowish green. And that's under just 30 watts of LED 18" should I increase to 3 grams? that sounds really excessive.

Oh it's a filter... I see :)

2.3g is about 75ppm N and 130ppm Ca.

In veg I'm adding 88pp Ca, to a feed that shouldn't need any addition. So the Ca looks fine, but is that your only nitrogen source.

I see red petioles but is it red stems also? Many have raised Ca at this point and found happiness. Though I'm suspicious it's Ca aiding P uptake.

COS

So I'm at full strength jacks no cal mag and they are looking better but still not right.

Is this mag def I'm still getting?

Attachments

• photo2126398.jpg
    photo2126398.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 135
  • photo2126399.jpg
    photo2126399.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 118

COS

Oh it's a filter... I see :)

2.3g is about 75ppm N and 130ppm Ca.

In veg I'm adding 88pp Ca, to a feed that shouldn't need any addition. So the Ca looks fine, but is that your only nitrogen source.

I see red petioles but is it red stems also? Many have raised Ca at this point and found happiness. Though I'm suspicious it's Ca aiding P uptake.

Yes calcium nitrate is the only nitrogen source, I do add plant photosynthetic bacteria once a week but can't tell if its helping or not.

There's no red stems, leaf temps are 83-84f, air temps 83 humidity 70%

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Are they getting better along the veins first?
Iron can lead to a light coloured plant, that's got the stripes like white could break through. Recovery is veins first. Ca locks it out. As can a high pH.

Broggemann

Feed them more.
1g/liter CaN and adjust Jacks accordingly.

/Edit:
Just saw you're already at the third or fourth week of flower.
In this case, I would go for 0,6g and 1,5g per liter respectively.

In my opinion, a lot of people are feeding way too little potassium.
And too low in general.

Last edited:

COS

Are they getting better along the veins first?
Iron can lead to a light coloured plant, that's got the stripes like white could break through. Recovery is veins first. Ca locks it out. As can a high pH.

The veins went from being red to a more lighter color if. I'll increase yet again to 1200 ppm.

COS

I'm looking at getting that new DLI 600 ePAR meter.
If plants can handle 2000 ppfd under the sun should be no problem under LED right? And recommend temps for co2 is 85-95f?

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The numbers surrounding ppfd being published, like all light levels posted recently, are subject to many using lux meters and a bit of bad math. The 2000 figure has replaced 1500, but isn't very realistic. A bit of weather and it's a couple of hundred. I doubt anyone will ever see 2000, and it wouldn't be for long. You are perhaps going to do a lot of damage trying to use that all day long. I think in greenhouse research they have been at 1500 using co2 and a bucket load of scientists. There seems little point going past 1200 though, and personally I leave co2 users to themselves. They are not getting the best yields as you would imagine. Most are trying to fix a poor grow with it. Which will never work. Though I'm not blind to sealed rooms with a mild lift, such as 800ppm and 1200 ppfd. Which should make enough bud to keep you awake at night, worried about rot

I go early veg 3 2 1
2/3 weeks before flip 3.6 2.4 1.2
2/3 week flower 4.8 3.6 1.5

Week 6/7 back down to 321

So far its been working good for me

I go early veg 3 2 1
2/3 weeks before flip 3.6 2.4 1.2
2/3 week flower 4.8 3.6 1.5

Week 6/7 back down to 321

So far its been working good for me
What medium, and what lights are you under? I'm curious what EC that is as well?, seems close to the 2.2EC I've ran. I make stock solutions and don't know the exact weight. Loving me some Jack's. Been learning Master Blend the last round. I miss the smell of Jack's lol. But the masterblend is a prettier teal color lol.

Also depends on ur strains..in flower im feeding every 3 hrs n once during light off..basically feeding at 45 seconds..one feed during lights off is like 30 mins before they turn on

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, is there any chance you are mixing out of order? that almost looks like nutes are precipitating. any fine powder on the floor of the res?