What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I've never put plants out this late.. A couple ??s

Marcellas

Veteran
Crappy Night Pics

Crappy Night Pics

Thanks #1, you're right. At least I'll hopefully get a little taste of my own homegrown goodness.. Nothing like enjoying your own harvest

Attachments

• SANY0500.jpg
    SANY0500.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SANY0498.jpg
    SANY0498.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY0499.jpg
    SANY0499.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 9
  • SANY0501.jpg
    SANY0501.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9

Marcellas

Veteran
Soo I guess this thread is over.. Lol, I may post a total dry weight - I'm guessing around 4-5 grams. Maybe a dry-nug pic of the top of that purple plant/bud.
:p
I'll start planning soon for a better next season, this was mostly a test grow for a new spot (which wasn't a great spot). Thanks everybody for the feedback these past few weeks/months
:)

Marcellas

Veteran
By the way, the weather has been pretty forgiving (except for a bit of rain this month), and I may be able to leave these last 4 ladies outside until late-October.. Maybe even early November if they can survive it!! But usually there's a frost before November begins here, although it has been warm

Thanks again everyone!! :D

Marcellas

Veteran
1 more question if anybody's still reading!!
There's a high chance of rain this entire coming week, should I just harvest these now?? It's rained today a bit too..

There's not much bud on the plants to rot, if that makes sense lol

Marcellas

Veteran
I haven't harvested any yet Fly by Night, but when I do I'll be sure to post a little smoke report and some dry-nug pics!! And what do you mean 0.5gram test nug? For me to smoke before it's properly dried/cured, you mean?

..... And this is slightly risky, but I think I'm going to let them stay outside and endure this coming week's heavy rainfall.. Besides the purple plant I posted the most recent pics of above, the other 3 small plants were pretty far behind in flowering. So I'll let them stay out for at least another 10 days
:eek:
Even the purple one could be a little further ahead, but I'll play it by year (or day lol) :)

Marcellas

Veteran
Ahhh!! ***** RAIN & COLD, allll week!! *****
.. It's even suppose to Snow here tomorrow! And weather forcast says it's going to get down to like 35F almost every night this week, and rain pretty much every day.....

Should I just get out there and harvest?? I know there's not much, but I'd hate to completely waste my efforts this year

Yea, time to pull 'em.
Even 1 night of 35 degree temps will hurt them severely.

Make sure you dry them in such a way they won't get mouldy.

You'll start earlier next year.

:plant grow:

Marcellas

Veteran
Thanks for the advice, I wish I would've gotten them today after reading your suggestion. Suppose to be real cold and rainy tomorrow

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea, time to pull 'em.
Even 1 night of 35 degree temps will hurt them severely.

Make sure you dry them in such a way they won't get mouldy.

You'll start earlier next year.

:plant grow:

One night of cold will not damage a plant. Only a hard frost or freeze would. If it doesn't frost too heavily, the plants will be fine and if it's raining.....they won't frost. If it's going to warm up again, let them be. If it's going to continually be below 40 degrees at night, pull them.

One night of cold will not damage a plant. Only a hard frost or freeze would. If it doesn't frost too heavily, the plants will be fine and if it's raining.....they won't frost. If it's going to warm up again, let them be. If it's going to continually be below 40 degrees at night, pull them.

I based what I said on what the plants looked like in his last upload of pics and on what another chap reported not long ago here at ICMAG and that was that he chucked his plant outdoors in 35 degree temps and overnight the cola wilted & shrunk...

Furthermore, the OP said it was predicted to be 35F for a week...Why let the plant(s) get beat up like that?

I've got my pie on you, Smokey...:peek::angrymod:

Marcellas

Veteran
The rain has let up a bit today, I could go pull them today but I think I'll wait at least another few days. The LOW's for the next few days are in the low to mid 40's, High's around 50-60F. Still a 30-50% chance of rain everyday for the next week or so
... Thanks guys! :)

Sucks that you were ripped ...

I think I'd go grab what's left first opportunity, we seem to be similar latitudes and yes, it looks like the weather has turned against us.

Good luck!

Marcellas

Veteran
Thanks for the comment! I wish I grabbed them earlier today when there was a few hours of sun - it's been pouring down hard all night, since the sun went down. Suppose to keep raining for the forseable future now and starting to get pretty cold at night..

I should've gotten the little guys today.. There might be a ripper that found the spot, just waiting for the last nice ones to mature a bit! I hope there still even there when I do get out there

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
go go go and get them as soon as possible.
A few years ago I went to get my gorilla harvest and it was raining and I had to march through waist deep water up to a little hill in the forest and made it back with my few grams. that's what I would do if it were me.

Marcellas

Veteran
Well today is the beginning of the end for my plants, chopped em down tonight.. It was hell getting them chopped and back to my place - had to wander my way through freezing swamp land, trying to find the best route so I wouldn't be walking through water. But I was walking through freezing, knee-high water for about half a mile of my hike.

And when I GOT to the spot, I hear ATV's in the distance closing in on me. For a while I thought cops had set up trail cams, saw that I was there in their live video feed, and were flying out to catch me red-handed.
..... They got closer and closer, and I ran across a field and dove into a few bushes (laying flat on the ground in the swamp water), to hide as the drove by me. I heard a few of them (2 or 3) driving around the field next to me for about 10 minutes, I reallllyy thought that they were cops, trying to find me.
The ATV's drove by me, within 10 yards of where I was laying in the mud/bush. I can here them trying to get through a patch of water on the path, one of them saying "Your gonna get stuck" and stuff along those lines. Finally after a half hour or so of hiding, the sound of their motors can be heard leaving in the distance,

I ran to the spot, and chopped down the 3 tiny plants I had left.. Another 1 was missing, broken at the base, probably beaten down from the recent storms. The ATV's completely tore up the path that I took, so I was walking through even more WATER on the way back. It really sucked

I think my prediction of 4 or 5 grams was accurate. There trimmed and hanging, I snapped some pics, and will put them up when I catch my breath. They could've gone longer for sure, but it's suppose to get real cold every night this week, and keep raining..

Now that it's almost done, I really don't think this tiny harvest was worth all the effort, stress, work, and worry that I put myself through this season - but a tiny 4 gram harvest is better than nothing I guess.......

badmf

In general the sun has a different Day time lengths all around the globe so for a real answer we need to know the approximate location of the grow or it's too general, exp: In socal right now you could still put out some plants but they will have a lower yield as the Sun gets less intense as the season progresses. Other areas you may have to watch out for frost/snow. In other parts of the globe its summer.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I based what I said on what the plants looked like in his last upload of pics and on what another chap reported not long ago here at ICMAG and that was that he chucked his plant outdoors in 35 degree temps and overnight the cola wilted & shrunk...

Furthermore, the OP said it was predicted to be 35F for a week...Why let the plant(s) get beat up like that?

I've got my pie on you, Smokey...:peek::angrymod:

That's because he a threw a plant that was used to indoor temperatures outside to near freezing temps. That much shock will kill a plant for sure. A plant that's been outdoors all season can handle many cold spells.

Marcellas

Veteran
Well they were started indoors, but were living in my windowsill until I put them outside in August. And I'd often keep my windowsill open to harden them off a little bit, and get them used to outdoor temps..

But all's said and done now, I have 4 small branches hanging/drying in my closet.. Should be looking at about 4-grams dry. The biggest (purple/pink-haired) one, reallllly darkened up, alll the leaves and flowers are very dark purple. One of the other plants turned all purple as well, this past week

Pics today of trimming/drying