What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogatec2

yeah the goose is dead over in CA...

the smart ones have decided to re route theirs to the other states

ya, now they have ruined the market in my state with thier cheap crappy outdoor. wholsale buyers dont care if they can buy @ 2500 then sell for 48-56, they dont want local produced indoor as long as their crap sells.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chefro420

That's a touchy subject with me... Let's just say business dropped off back in October/November... Fucking Cali outdoor... Keep that shit out west! :tiphat:

No shit! It's garbage , just cheap garbage . I wish the USPS would crack down on it.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The dispensary I go to gets fined $1000 a day by the city. I see that as extortion by law. Point being, everyone has their hand out. 1/8 oz. is 55 to $70 btw.

Skunkman said that if we go legal, pot will be reduced to produce prices, like vegetables. $1600 a lb. is still quite high for even indoor imo. Once I have the seeds or clones and have a good cheap supply of nutes and soil and all other equipment, I could produce a lb. for a lot less than $1600 indoors. If it would be worth my bother, that is something else...

I would say the small time indoor grower in Cali. that wants to sell in state, is on his way out. Priced out of the market, just reality. This whole medical pot thing is likely to get repealed or cracked down big time anyways. If they keep it, expect Colorado style regulation and taxation to follow.

That's a touchy subject with me... Let's just say business dropped off back in October/November... Fucking Cali outdoor... Keep that shit out west! :tiphat:

I feel ya dude.. I contemplated not even posting it...

they have no choice sometimes..its a joke having to haggle with some of these dudes...everyone and their mom knows someone that can get an L now..lol what the hell is that...any who its still wild wild in some other places if ya know what Im saying..

The dispensary I go to gets fined $1000 a day by the city. I see that as extortion by law. Point being, everyone has their hand out. 1/8 oz. is 55 to $70 btw.

Skunkman said that if we go legal, pot will be reduced to produce prices, like vegetables. $1600 a lb. is still quite high for even indoor imo. Once I have the seeds or clones and have a good cheap supply of nutes and soil and all other equipment, I could produce a lb. for a lot less than $1600 indoors. If it would be worth my bother, that is something else...

I would say the small time indoor grower in Cali. that wants to sell in state, is on his way out. Priced out of the market, just reality. This whole medical pot thing is likely to get repealed or cracked down big time anyways. If they keep it, expect Colorado style regulation and taxation to follow.

wow
i dont know what to say about that
if thats true the dispensary really is getting bent over
in turn bending over their customers
all the more reason for patient circles to dominate
if I could consolidate grower power and give the customer
a vehicle to get their meds for half of the candy shop price
there is a market to be filled no doubt..

it is true, the less risk the lower the price..reality it should be priced like rosemary or parsley but we have a long way away from that...the real fear of legalization thats coming from the growing community are the ones making bank and being able to stay at home and clear 3+ grand a month. My reasoning is that if it were more legal, you could grow more to make up for the lost profit..I think in the end, more cannabis is being grown and more people are smoking. It happens every time someone is able to change the economics of strong drugs. indoor weed used to be an expensive rare commodity so its not that unreasonable to see how this could change in the next few years..

I can see it getting cracked down on but the real deal is going to come from patient circles getting grower direct..im starting to see it already happening with serious mmj users.

No shit! It's garbage , just cheap garbage . I wish the USPS would crack down on it.

they don't have the man power.

that really sucks to hear that some peeps are re routing the dirt

that's not what I'm saying...I'm talking about the top shelf that would normally go for 4 no questions asked is now going for half that..so all im saying is their are people out there who want what you got and will not haggle or blink when you call 4...and thats good biz

If your not gettin 4k in cali your a rookie.

you can still get it
imo you have to work a little harder
the real problem comes with that so many are growing
so they can claim not only the laws have changed but the supply is out weighing demand dare I say?...

my emphasis is on patient circles and using technology to under cut the candy shops..

it all adds up

more supply
less strict laws
cheaper bud
and the clubs still are charging full deal
there is an opportunity to under cut
and if I had the money I'd figure out how to cut them out
the clubs don't give a damn about the patients so much 99% of the time. so really I wouldn't feel bad in fact im helping the patient and creating more completion...

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
You can still get 32-34 at the clubs if the product is right.

Only issue is the huge waste of time. Going in. Leave a sample. Or "Yo this looks great. Bring it back next week". Then come back the next week and get your money. That's if they even buy it. They might tell you to come back next week. Also, i imagine they're buying as much from their friends as possible. PM infested or not. Not even mad at that. It's their business let them do what they want. It's a little bit much to hear them hide behind the medical/medicine veil. When it's obviously not the case with so many of the products and patients they're serving.

If you're getting 4 you must be in So Cal. Or only selling one or two lb's to someone with no other connections.

Cut the clubs out and form your own collectives. People are obviously still willing to pay 55-60 for an 1/8 every day. Since i see the endless lines in some of these clubs. Cut the price in half. Provide variety and consistency. Develop some people skills and you might just make it.

As supermanlives said. Adapt or perish.

You can't make a living growing three or four lights anymore. You have to step your game way up.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
OP,

now is an excellent time to use technology to cut out our middle men

if we had online patient circles we could do grower direct...

my good friend and I were thinking about starting a growers collective and selling medicine priced reasonably in light of new laws.
Yeah, the laws are a long way off, but if it started getting treated more like produce you could run CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture). Where the community shares in the financial risk of the endevor and the actual risk of crop failiure.

Good news is that with your gardening skills you could always start a CSA farm as a side business growing normal crops.
:blowbubbles:

KRD

abja roots I can get cashed out 4k for 5 packs all day, could dump 20 a month no sweat. 90 percent of cali herb is swag at best so if you have something good it will fly off the shelf. I never have shit sitting around not even during the outdoor season, theres still a huge market if you got dank problem is everyone thinks there shits dank but most of it sucks.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I would have to totally agree it would be different if this bud was totally amazing but it's not LOL.. gro your own peace out Headband707

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
If selling marijuana is your source of income I recommend you sell it on the streets. Find a middleman you can absolutely trust though, of course. No need to be selling it by the gram illegally. That's a good way to get yourself locked up :tiphat:.

S

SicKSKills

uhh I'm no rookie and if your getting $4K a pack in Cali per your either 1) a dispensary or 2) lying

Period

:yeahthats

maybe in august for indoor og, in hollywood...if you told me 4 for anything right now Id :pointlaug in your face.... time to :snap out of it:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
uhh I'm no rookie and if your getting $4K a pack in Cali per your either 1) a dispensary or 2) lying

Period

You forgot #3..."Slangin"!! lol (Oh wait..you did mention Dispensaries!!) lol
I can sell mine at 35...which I do...but I still have my reserve, that I deal with my friends and associates...piece it all out and make almost enough to cover what I blaze with all them--:tiphat:

David762

DOOD'S I'll buy LB of Primo Mexican and call it something snazzy and open my own mobile smoke delivery service. We'll get RICH
jk

I'd settle for some Primo Mexican right now. You say you deliver? Great, except I'm not 215/420 compliant yet. :( That's the problem with being new in town -- I don't know any 15 YOs to hook up with ... :) LOL

:tiphat:

Everyone is greedy. The mere principle of growing cannabis for a living involves greed on some level. Most of you would charge 15 grand a pound tomorrow if you could get away with it. I know this to be self-evident because I've read a history book before...

Please bro, cut the shit. The clubs make more than us because they had more capital to invest in this game, and as a result they are able to reap higher rewards due to their spot on the hierarchy. This self-pitying rhetoric about us poor, humble old dirt farmers just scraping by, trying to make an honest living whilst selling plant flowers for thousands of dollars a pound is embarrassing.

You're a venture capitalist, just like everyone else in society. Admit it.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Yep.

That's right folks.

You heard it here first.

Reservation Labs and Thunder Kloud Seeds collaborations barely worth $1600 a pound.

Better take a trip to UPS or FedEX if you wanna keep robbing people with your homegrown schwag.

I mean Oregon Grape Bag Seed Pheno A.

OhighO

There is always money in high grade indoor and outdoor for that matter. If you have a better product than 90% of people it will always sell no matter if it is shoes, wine or weed.

S

stickey fingers

AAA

AAA

as a patient, in nor cal i will still pay 55 to 60 for elite indoor, rarely
does the quality ever meet ever meet the price, street or club
i get on a average
2800 no problem to as much as 4000 on any given sunday i useually smoke it before i sell it :D
in 2011 i will finally change my growing style to acatully sustain a confrotable liveing by actuall make my garden pay for its self.
i belive, you reap what you soe ! and unfortuneatly people still
wana play UNO on pluto :D
AAA all the way
SPECIAL THANKS, MOSCA NEGRA,CSG,REZ,GRAPEVINE SEEDS,
KEN ESTES
RIP DR JAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts