Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
So you're telling me this:

I plant some tomatos in the ground.

I plant some MJ in the ground.

They're side by side.

I water them the same. I spray pesticide on them the same. I feed them the same.

I even harvest them at the same time.

But the tomatos are worth $10 a bunch and the MJ is $1000.

Explain that... then we can go back to arguing "its the CLUBS not the GROWERS"

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
If you can explain to me how your ounces costs more than $120 to produce, then I can begin to understand how you charge more than 200 an ounce.

thats simple..

multiply your power bill X10
multiply your nute,medium,lightbulbs,co2, and RO replacement ect..X10
multiply your time for cloning,transplanting,pruning,chopping and trimming X10
multiply your rent/mortgage X10
multiply your risk of robbery X10 (we will leave leo out since you seem to dismiss the risk we take)
multiply the startup costs X10
apply an hourly rate for your sales/marketing time(as a surveyor many years ago my consult time was $65.00 per hour)
i could go on but you will just tell me the costs are the same as your closet.
most people dont understand the inverse economics of scale with marijuana growing.
we dont get breaks for using more of something..
use more power..you dont get a discount you pay "over usage rates" ect...

but again YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THE THING YOU ACT LIKE YOU ARE AN EXPERT ABOUT

ive never built a car..
i have changed the oil.
should i be telling an auto manufacturer how much they should charge?

you speak from lack of experience...

like i said..
get at us when you have actually come out of your closet and done something?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Your question about what years of your life are worth is confusing.

lets pretend you had 500 blooming plants because you work for a small time collective, trust me 500 ain't shit.

lets now say mr DEA agent wants to check you out and fuck with you (because they very much so can).

5 years in federal prison. What price would you attach to that? for someone in their twenties (thats how old you come off, hence my "in your twenties" comments). I value my years in my 20's a LOT more than my years in my 70's......

Explain to me, with your bedroom... or your warehouse... or whatever you do with your extra equipment (more than me)...

EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOUR OUNCES COST MORE THAN MINE.

If you can explain to me how your ounces costs more than $120 to produce, then I can begin to understand how you charge more than 200 an ounce.
how many employees do you have?

you pay $200 a lb come harvest time?
because otherwise it would mold by the time you could finish by yourself (also gettin arthritis from scissoring for weeks upon end, what is THAT worth to you?) If you can trim it all yourself, you ain't even talking about the same level as we are.

do you live where you grow? because if you dont you need to "buy" (rent) a place for your plants to grow too obviously.... A big ass warehouse that is decked out for high quality grade A production isn't some garage..... why dont you go check out Moonshines HALF MILLION DOLLAR facility. thats just the BUILDING!

and now time and time again we ask....

what is YOUR time worth?

you a burger flipper? or a high powered attorney? how about a botanist?

you act like what we do is turn the faucet on, fill bucket, turn faucet off, water plants, cash paychecks!!!!!

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran

They're side by side.

I water them the same. I spray pesticide on them the same. I feed them the same.

if you think putting a plant in the ground=QP you have me wondering if you even grow.......

edit: oh you are talking about outdoor, so now you mean 1 plant being roughly equivalent to almost 3/4 of a lb now...... across the board....

whodare

Veteran
i feel like a greenhouse that could be environmentally controlled as the indoors would witout a doubt put out the best bud that you could grow, problem is that would cost a ton in-turn raising prices...

my 2 pieces of copper

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i feel like a greenhouse that could be environmentally controlled as the indoors would witout a doubt put out the best bud that you could grow, problem is that would cost a ton in-turn raising prices...

my 2 pieces of copper

QFT

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
can I see some pix of what you grow?

please?

I have a feeling you think Grade A+ is what most hobby growers produce...... this takes practice and experience.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran

my 2 pieces of copper

I've been thinking about that myself, get a forever flowering and deck it out with some vertical bulbs for supplemental lumens in the morning /evening of weaker daylight.

it'd still be a bit leafier and 'outdoorsier' than indoor (imo), but still good quality.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wow TOL just drop it, you arent gonna win this one.

you talk about growing an acre of outdoor buds like its some easy simple feat. you honestly have no idea where you are treading, and what it even takes to grow 1/8 an acre. please go tell GangaD who did some of the biggest plots last year, that all he did was water a plant. he would laugh in your face as well as any other outdoor grower, because you know nothing about pallet drops with tons of soil, amending and mixing tens of thousands of gallons of soil, building sheds just to dry weed in, building the beds, greenhouses, etc....it takes hundreds of manhours of physical labor to just setup those things, let alone maintain, trim, and process it all.

i think it comes down to this. Whats the MOST AMOUNT of bud you have grown at one time. if you have run a large outdoor garden while tending large indoor gardens like some of the heavyweights here, by all means if you are producing good buds by "just watering" then maybe you have a point.

but nope, you are a smalltime grower nothing wrong with that, but never ran more than 10 lights, and have no real clue what it takes to produce top shelf medicine from large growops and handle the other 95% of the business that isnt watering a plant...and yea growing some tomatoes and a few MJ plants on my porch might be pretty easy, but try to grow 30 acres of all tomatoes, or run 30k in lights and like i said, its more than just watering a plant. you are really forgetting a whole ton of shit when it comes to commercial agriculture....

whodare

Veteran
I've been thinking about that myself, get a forever flowering and deck it out with some vertical bulbs for supplemental lumens in the morning /evening of weaker daylight.

it'd still be a bit leafier and 'outdoorsier' than indoor (imo), but still good quality.

temp control will help with the leafs... and if anything the suns spectrum will bring out the full potential of the terpene profile... strain dependent of course some plants just belong indoors

this bad boy would be sealed with mad ac and co2 i bet you could pull some 10-15 pounders all day...

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

you talk about growing an acre of outdoor buds like its some easy simple feat. you honestly have no idea where you are treading, and what it even takes to grow 1/8 an acre.

i think it comes down to this. Whats the MOST AMOUNT of bud you have grown at one time. if you have run a large outdoor garden while tending large indoor gardens like some of the heavyweights here, by all means if you are producing good buds by "just watering" then maybe you have a point.

but nope, you are a smalltime grower nothing wrong with that, but never ran more than 10 lights, and have no real clue what it takes to produce top shelf medicine from large growops and handle the other 95% of the business that isnt watering a plant...and yea growing some tomatoes and a few MJ plants on my porch might be pretty easy, but try to grow 30 acres of all tomatoes, or run 30k in lights and like i said, its more than just watering a plant. you are really forgetting a whole ton of shit when it comes to commercial agriculture....

worst thing is this :wtf: is making you and i agree with each other!!!!

now im pissed!!!

lol

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
For those thinking it takes 4x markup to run a retail joint...

Capital machinery manufacturers do it closer to (.4x). This pays materials and labor, salaries, overhead, pensions etc. It even pays executives ~20x the average wage.

4x is a sign that leo is paying too much attention to the suppliers and not enough to the retailers. These guys are supposed to be nonprofit. At the end of the month, after all wages, salaries and bills are paid there should be no money left. Except for the shoebox full of cash the retailer skims.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran

you talk about growing an acre of outdoor buds like its some easy simple feat. you honestly have no idea where you are treading, and what it even takes to grow 1/8 an acre. please go tell GangaD who did some of the biggest plots last year, that all he did was water a plant. he would laugh in your face as well as any other outdoor grower, because you know nothing about pallet drops with tons of soil, amending and mixing tens of thousands of gallons of soil, building sheds just to dry weed in, building the beds, greenhouses, etc....it takes hundreds of manhours of physical labor to just setup those things, let alone maintain, trim, and process it all.

Excellent Point of view yes4. Coming from a guy (me) who doesnt use more than a lil 400 watter I now can understand where you coming from.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haha i was thinking that too...damn im actually agreeing with BHT and Dagnabit lol..

but about the outdoors things, some strains dont do so well outdoors for some reason. I saw a ton of OG kush that went outdoors in 2010...they are all real nice and definately top shelf outdoor but not as good as what ive seen pulled from indoor harvests. they have a more earthy smell instead of the lemon fuel from indoor OG. and i saw samples from growers spread out through different counties from the coast to inland....

we are gonna try to run the OG again outdoors this year and see if we get better results, but there are definately other strains that can compete with its indoor counterpart. for example, our outdoor Cherry Pie (GDPxDurbanXOGkush) did almost as good outdoors as indoors....

also the best outdoors i saw all year was some La Con and BlueberryxPurp from Butte County....absolute fire, dense nugs without the leafy outdoor look, but it was stilllll lacking that indoor stanky stinky punch. my buddy in Mendo produces some outdoor with a reall good smell and stickyness, but more leafy than butte county buds.... i see a shit ton of outdoors everyyear from some of the best growers so i know what top notch outs look like....and they are definately good and better than most indoors on the market, but not as good as the best of indoors...but the outdoor quality gets better every single year so i dont doubt that soon some people will be harvesting some fire outs on par with the top echelon of indoors...

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

They're side by side.

im telling you to get your feet wet or shut the fuck up. this aint a god damn ethics game and for you to sit here and chastize people who risk their freedom so others who arent bothered enough to grow their own can smoke --- its just fucking asinine. not to mention you obviously dont know shit when it comes to what your talking about. yeah mj cost more than it should. is you sitting here bitching about it going to change anything?? your just making an ass out of yourself while disrespecting the people who put in real work. if you think its such an issue where you can devote your entire day to consistantly posting of it on ICM - then why dont you get off your ass and start producing on a commercial scale then you can go out and sell your weed for any price you want. until that day you have absoultely no right to tell people what they should or shouldnt get for their hard work.

PS: im guessing the majority of people have been arguing with has probably harvested more cannabis in 1 harvest then all your grows combined... i know i have and ive never seen your grow

flowerroom1.jpg

^^^thats only 20 lights. the small room. now lets see your grow

Last edited:
O

OrganicOzarks

I read all 13 pages of this, and something came to mind that a friend said.
"it's just a weed. It grows itself."
That shit made me throw up in my mouth a little bit when he said that. Obviously he had never grown a single plant ever.

I have just upgraded my grow (I won't say what size), and honestly the bigger I get the more props I give to the wharehouse growers. This weed does not grow it's self.

I am all organic, and the time I spend mixing custom soil, brewing teas, watering, and daily maintenance keeps getting longer and longer. I to remember when it was one hour a day. Some days it is a couple of hours, but now some days it is 10 to 12. I do this because I feel like it is my calling. I truly love working with the plants. They are simply amazing.

If the price drops to nothing per lb. I will still be doing what I am doing because I truly love it.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
thats simple..

multiply your power bill X10
multiply your nute,medium,lightbulbs,co2, and RO replacement ect..X10
multiply your time for cloning,transplanting,pruning,chopping and trimming X10
multiply your rent/mortgage X10
multiply your risk of robbery X10 (we will leave leo out since you seem to dismiss the risk we take)
multiply the startup costs X10
apply an hourly rate for your sales/marketing time(as a surveyor many years ago my consult time was $65.00 per hour)
i could go on but you will just tell me the costs are the same as your closet.
most people dont understand the inverse economics of scale with marijuana growing.
we dont get breaks for using more of something..
use more power..you dont get a discount you pay "over usage rates" ect...

but again YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THE THING YOU ACT LIKE YOU ARE AN EXPERT ABOUT

ive never built a car..
i have changed the oil.
should i be telling an auto manufacturer how much they should charge?

you speak from lack of experience...

like i said..
get at us when you have actually come out of your closet and done something?

When you go from 1 plant to 10 plants... or 10 plants to 100 plants.... you don't just multiply everything by 10. Some things require just as much work or risk as one or 10 or 100 plants.

Plus you multiply your yield by 10 or 20, so its all worth it in the long run

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thing we aren't "depending" on him for our meds or to add to the supply to lower the price....

He depends on others for his nugs guys, and bitches about what he has to pay, totally clueless.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
You guys would rather speculate on my living conditions and what my plants look like than answer the question about weed and tomatos.

They grow the exact same. Conditions, pests, watering, soil, nutes.

Or maybe you don't like my tomato comparison, so how about peppers?

You show me some guy charging over $1000 for a pound of peppers or tomatos and you guys got a leg to stand on.

Otherwise... THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GETTING AWAY WITH CHARGING YOUR PRICES IS BECAUSE IT IS A BLACK MARKET COMMODITY. You are not god's gift to growing weed. Sorry, you just aren't.

Furthermore, this thread shows that it IS THE GROWERS who are inflating the costs.

CLUBS are only marking up inventory to make what a normal legitimate business should make.... according to GROWERS here at ICmag.

So this whole thread is mistitled. ITS THE GROWERS not THE CLUBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts