What's new

Its official Cannabis coming back 2 class B in the UK

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, they will brainwash future generations away from the use of cannabis,, while aiming to alienate our own cannabis culture ,, and the community about it ,,into such a slim section of society that it will hold no public sway, voice, or opinion.

They've already started on the persecution of growshops in the UK,, (Derby Hydro being case in example), whereby the authorities are slowly removing any aspect that supports wholesale cultivation in that town.

Such 'fascism' can only persist within the limits of the latest reclassification... :no:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Gordon Brown is ignoring the advise of his governmental advisers ,, then just whose advice is he taking?

This is the first question that must be asked..! :chin:

"Ignorance is taking over... the rage is relentless... we got to take the power back!"

peace
dLeaf :joint:

"The teacher stands in front of the class, but the lesson plan he can't recall
The student's eyes don't perceive the lies, bouncing off every fucking wall
His composure is well kept, I guess he fears playing the fool
The complacent students sit and listen to some of that, bullshit that he learned in school"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkMsXcHQYg&feature=related

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
He's taking the advice of his advisors, who are largely concerned with beating the Conservatives - certainly far more than they are with the rights of tokers.

But the guys in Derby weren't very smart there, as they did step over the line into tacit 'encouragement', though that isn't actually an offence, and it'll probably get thrown out on appeal. Most growshops commit no crime, and as long as they don't encourage anyone else to, there's fuck-all anyone can do about it. If growshops knowingly help folks grow weed, then they've only themselves to blame, as it's illegal. Putting a sign up saying as much is all they need to do.

However, the products they sell are not illegal, and the shops all pay business taxes and rates, so there's very little scope for closure, and the shops involved would have a huge case against the government (and the police) for damage to business. As I mentioned before, Phillips, Sylvania and all those other large corporations that make our growlights are going to lose millions a year if growing gets proscribed - I just can't see it myself.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Over 50% of UK Cannabis is domestically cultivated, 20 years ago it was less than 1%...so, just how much benefit is this to the economy ?

20 years ago, 90% of the market was shitty soap bar at £2,000 a K.....almost all of this money then left the country to go to gangsters in S.Spain, terrorists, corrupt cops and Moroccans. Plenty of dope and lives were lost at sea and the Customs captured a lot and burned it........all of which was money produced by UKPLC, thrown down the drain.

This stupid business is on it's last legs as UK growers have fundamentally changed the market, the millions of Pounds per week now stay in the country and this must have had a really appreciable effect on the economy.

They know this as well as we do, but Brown is a snivveling fucktard and now, our best hope, bizarrely, is the Tories... they have a lot of fresh policies and the guys at the head of the party all have...partied.... Boris has even publicly said "I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed so it didn't go up my nose" .... and there have been a lot of positive rumblings over Cannabis and MMJ from them.

Boris..."Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening."

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
DocLeaf:just whose advice is he taking?
the UNODC (UN Office for Drugs and Crime)? or one of its satalite advisory groups or policy foundations? Loads of murky stuff goes on over there in Geneva.

There has been other suspect anti-drug legislation in Europe recently, like Mushroom laws in Holland and UK, and moves to control the canna scene-ie in Holland-and we need to view this latest bullshit in its European perspective and then what is going on becomes a little clearer. I don't think that the present changes can be attributed to the PM-this was all looking like happening before he got the top job-although clearly he personally supports it and is trying to get political capital out of it.

ChaosC-you shot yourself in the foot with that last Boris Johnson quote mate

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
EddieShoestring said:
ChaosC-you shot yourself in the foot with that last Boris Johnson quote mate

LOL, just like Boris does to himself with most of his own quotes !

The guy just makes me laugh and seems to have the right attitude towards us .... hard to believe for us children of the Thatcher years maybe ....

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EddieShoestring said:
the UNODC (UN Office for Drugs and Crime)? or one of its satalite advisory groups or policy foundations? Loads of murky stuff goes on over there in Geneva.

Good call Eddy :yes:

Bureaucracy works in funny circles... what we can't understand is why is the policy it creates is so double sided ?

Decriminalization stretches across the alps from Switzerland into Italy,, overlooks France,, and opens up again in Spain. As we travel north Germany is quite liberal on personal use,, Belgium is just Belgium,, and in Holland it's a tolerated (although still illegal) free-for-all ,,:chin:

As a group of free floating islands,, and since the present EU system clearly does NOT work.. surely the UK should be free to make its own herb laws,, !

Peace n flowers :canabis:

Last edited:

Gert Lush

Veteran
UNDOC is completely unreliable under its current head (Costa).
This man, a dyed-in-the-wool Stalinist (Academic at Moscow Uni during the Cold War), has become a patsy of the DEA and the American Drug Tsar, and is often entertained by the good ole boys back home. Really weird to see what strange bedfellows Prohibition makes.

He is responsible to quite a great extent for the "super-strong new cannabis" myth, and has worked hard to disseminate it, flying in the face of his own scientific reports, even though he is supposed to be an "engineer". The man is a total slimeball - do some Googling, there's a lot of material on him. I suspect he is sucking American cock at the moment, so that he might have a stab at becoming Secretary-General of the UN (he is only undersecretary-general now, gawdhelpus)

Fact is, the UN - an organisation supposedly devoted to peace and culture - is less than useless on any matter of canna freedom at present.

=====================

I have to say what really gets me, though, is how passively the UK canna community (if we can even speak of such a thing) took it all.
Smith's decision was based on a flagrant lie, with roots totally immersed in Rightwing American propaganda. It would take minimal argument to show how wrong this is, a ten-year old could understand it if shown. There's a fairly clear trail of just how these rumours started, how they were grounded and how they were fuelled to the risible point they have reached today. I won't even start on it, 'cause if I do, I'll be writing for ten pages.

In fact there is probably a legal case against Smith for generating hatred against a group in society - vulnerable weak-minded people like judges and cops can be adversely influenced by such propaganda, and can be incited to act in a heavy-handed manner against people that are pro-cannabis! (Though not all of them, thank goodness.)

Yet, we do not have a single body or organisation that can stand up and shout "Hey, hold on a minute, this skunk myth is bullshit and here's why!".
Don't forget that any and all new legislation will be based on this "new superskunk" myth. Basically Snith/Brown are just toeing the US line, as has become the norm in this benighted country (UK). And yes, I do agree that these developments have been orchestrated.

In a way, we deserve all we get, useless fückers that we are :D

G

The UN is obsolete. impotent, without any power of it's own. Quite a bunch of knob gobblers.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great points Lush :yes:

Gert Lush said:
all new legislation will be based on this "new superskunk" myth.

Every hardcore-smokers knows ,, Sensi Seed Bank screwed up the 'Super Skunk' line at the end of the last century... lol

If anything the grass has been getting weaker since when ,, either or every ones tolerance has suddenly jumped up a peg or two.. lol

Whose more the fool? The fool? Or the fools that follow the fool?

It's like the Pied-piper of Hamlet!

- - -

There are still plenty of pro-active cannabis campaigners in the UK,, :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwRrbPCpZgg

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO VICTIM - NO CRIME !!!

The people brandished as criminals are the only real victims here... :chin:

Who benefits?

Erb, roots, n culture... :canabis:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Our government suspiciously allows gangsters to distribute natural herbs at exorbitant profits, stripping the young of their hard earned wages" [Howard Marks]

Preacher

Honestly, has there ever been any sort of negative finding against cannabis that didn't involve government bribery?

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
are the people from NORML on this? they advertise and ask for donations, some sort of response would be helpful. theyre askin for cash.

i cant believe that someone cant shoot a fcuking load of holes thru those stats, i think they're pullin that stuff out of their asses. it doesnt matter if its true or not it is only if it goes unchallenged that someone things golly i didnt know that, yeah, thats fine with me. see the post i made of the article in the national post canadian newspaper. it spreads like a virus and is just as hard to kill.

http://www.slate.com/id/2156917/
http://www.slate.com/id/2165198

two good articles that shoot holes through the arguments, check em out theyre not too long and he writes good.

people are making decisions that will further crmiminalize otherwise decent law abiding citizens during a tiime of shrinking government budgets and new threats such as terrorism, based on evidence that is speculative if not suspect, aided by sensationalistic drug reporting that is lazy if not downright "yellow" and a true letdown.

Last edited:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Preacher said:
Honestly, has there ever been any sort of negative finding against cannabis that didn't involve government bribery?
I'm afraid the answer to that would be a resounding NO, preacher!

Gert Lush

Veteran
flubnutz said:
are the people from NORML on this? they advertise and ask for donations, some sort of response would be helpful. theyre askin for cash.

i cant believe that someone cant shoot a fcuking load of holes thru those stats, i think they're pullin that stuff out of their asses.
A blind man with no arms could shoot a hole through those stats.

That's not the problem. The problem is that no-one in Britain has done so, which shows the shocking level of apathy.

Also, this is not NORML's job, or NORML's fight, since NORML is not a British organisation. Unfortunately there seems to be no equivalent British organisation. As it happens, NORM has released some statements debunking these stats (I think I saw them on the MPP site, sorry can't remember exactly), but as I said, this is really not NORML's business.

Gert Lush

Veteran
octodiem said:
The UN is obsolete. impotent, without any power of it's own. Quite a bunch of knob gobblers.
Steady on, old chap, no need to throw out the baby with the bath water.

For starters the UN is NOT meant to have any power of its own, independently of the member states - that's the spec. This makes it neither impotent nor powerless and certainly not obsolete. You seem to have misunderstood the thinking behind the UN. Do some reading up before spouting off.

Secondly, though the UN is FAR, FAR from perfect, it does have certain stated objectives and morals, which - if followed thorugh - should favour the cannabis culture. It would require a bit of coherent argument from the cannabis lobbyists though, but if all we have is the typical "victim consciousness" together with its insufferable whingeing and the teenage "all cops iz kuntz" mentality we won't get very far will we?

Or maybe I should say we're not getting very far, 'cause that's certainly what's happening.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Good points Gert Lush, and I find it ironic really that in many respects the police are actually our next best friend in establishment terms, at least in Britain. They know the difference between personal and commercial grows, and dealers and hobbyists. They pushed for the decrim experiment in Lambeth, and are far more intuitive in terms of actual implementation of the law than the politicians - they may not know any more factually, but they're much more sensible in their interpretations.

Nevertheless, the arguments must be formulated intelligently and without emotion or persecution complexes, as that's exactly what they want. Their weak spot is economics, particularly in terms of the home-grown equipment supply market.

Latest posts

Latest posts