What's new

It's not Cannabis, it's dope.

Jenn

Dope just reminds me of my grandparents when they were alive....... They would say " whats wrong with that guy,he must be on dope" so I dont really use the word dope.. I just stick with weed.

Rinse

Veteran
Definitely cannabis but I'm not opposed to using quite a few other names for it. I have come to dislike the term marijuana cause that's a name the US government gave to cannabis to demonize it.

In uk its the opposite, "cannabis" is the news reporters term, and marijuana to us sounds sweeter to the ears.

K

KSP

What the hell is it?

tumblr_lqri5qB9c21qjepvqo1_500.jpg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i end up using the term smoke quite a bit when talking, or bud, but when writing i tend to use cannabis, i don't like the term dope, to me that refers to hard stuff. i know in England dope is mostly understood to be hash or bud. but to me it has that hard drug affiliation. also dislike the term marijuana.

jd4083

Veteran
Pot or dope ...hell yeah.... :tiphat:

way better than these schmucks talking about "medicating" (yeah right @ 99% of ya'll), and saying you smoke "cannabis" just makes you sound pretentious

chief bigsmoke

Pot or dope ...hell yeah.... :tiphat:

way better than these schmucks talking about "medicating" (yeah right @ 99% of ya'll), and saying you smoke "cannabis" just makes you sound pretentious

Cannabis is the only correct term everything else is slang. If you call it herb or pot or whatever you are being very vague and uneducated. There are more species than one, you can't give it a singular name. Cannabis has had a symbiotic relationship with humans for longer than you can imagine. The use of slang for the word cannabis conceals its true and proud past as one of the worlds most precious gifts. If people keep on using stupid derogatory terms for cannabis, than you inadvertently attacking and hindering the pro-hemp movement, by classifying the plant as a single negative word.

The kids do pot, the men use cannabis.

jd4083

Veteran
Cannabis is the only correct term everything else is slang. If you call it herb or pot or whatever you are being very vague and uneducated. There are more species than one, you can't give it a singular name. Cannabis has had a symbiotic relationship with humans for longer than you can imagine. The use of slang for the word cannabis conceals its true and proud past as one of the worlds most precious gifts.

The kids do pot, the men they do the cannabis.

no offense, but you sound like one of those pretentious asshats I mentioned above. I'll keep calling it pot and dope and herb and whatever else, you keep worrying about calling it "cannabis" while the rest of the country is continuing to write off our laughable MMJ attempts and our community as a whole. We have way more important shit to worry about.

Calling me vague and uneducated is also laughable (at best), almost as ridiculous as your last comment. :laughing: grow up dude

chief bigsmoke

no offense, but you sound like one of those pretentious asshats I mentioned above. I'll keep calling it pot and dope and herb and whatever else, you keep worrying about calling it "cannabis" while the rest of the country is continuing to write off our laughable MMJ attempts and our community as a whole. We have way more important shit to worry about.

Calling me vague and uneducated is also laughable (at best), almost as ridiculous as your last comment. :laughing: grow up dude

Simmer dude the thread is called its dope not cannabis. its not an attack on you. plus calling cannabis something other than its scientific name is VAGUE and UNEDUCATED. even your company who you represent calls it cannabis. Plus maybe one of the reasons the country is laughing at the movement is because we have retarded slang terms for a plant that is not be taken very seriously. I'm just pro cannabis. didn't mean to seem like a so called asshat.

jd4083

Veteran
Simmer dude the thread is called its dope not cannabis. its not an attack on you. plus calling cannabis something other than its scientific name is VAGUE and UNEDUCATED. even your company who you represent calls it cannabis. Plus maybe one of the reasons the country is laughing at the movement is because we have retarded slang terms for a plant that is not be taken very seriously. I'm just pro cannabis. didn't mean to seem like a so called asshat.

I'm simmered dude. If you notice, even though I disagree with your statements I still gave you positive karma for both of them. no hard feelings, I have no problem with others having opinions that differ from me, that's what makes the world go round

LayedBack

Usually just call it buds, herb, and some times Cannabis - though my father says reefer, and most of friends say weed, bud - and to talk about smoking we'll usually just say 'let's blaze' or 'light up'

Cannabis is a beautiful name though if you ask me, I quite like to call it that whenever I'm referring to medical marijuana. And have no problem calling it a medicine because it literally saved my life due to it's medical qualities.

jd4083

Veteran
Usually just call it buds, herb, and some times Cannabis - though my father says reefer, and most of friends say weed, bud - and to talk about smoking we'll usually just say 'let's blaze' or 'light up'

Cannabis is a beautiful name though if you ask me, I quite like to call it that whenever I'm referring to medical marijuana. And have no problem calling it a medicine because it literally saved my life due to it's medical qualities.

ah, reefer, that's another favorite. that's what my mom (who arguably smokes more than I do in a given day) has always called it, that and dope...same with the pops. lol