What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's green and it has a hole in the middle (600w)

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Gday folks. Hiya SOG! Yeah I love what he's got goin on and I lurk from time to time. :) It's interesting that you mention that because a light mover idea has been tossed around previously.

A friend has made his own in the past, out of some common implement which I can't remember right now. I think it may have been a drill motor. Whatever it was it sounded pretty sweet so yeah, ya never know. :)

For now I'm just happy no-one is saying I've vegged em too big, lol. They look so huge in the pics. You guys may not believe this but the first bagseed run was vegged for something ridiculous like 5 months! Just a terrible mixed up set of circumstances where I couldn't access my equipment I needed, due to being a broke bum.

Feels good now but damn. That first run was trial by fire for my first hps grow. Plus unknown genetics which were pretty bad anyway. I ended up with a smidge over 350 g's, so can't complain, but this current run is just such a walk in the park in comparison.

I finally picked up some Epsom yesterday since the molasses didn't seem super effective.

Take care :wave:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hi Lowman. Thanks, but it does a pretty good job bro. Delta fans are a whole step up from the fans you would be familiar with in computers. Also because Im hand watering, it allows good access and its a smaller target if I was to spill some. Finally, it's 12v, so if I did drop water on it, it's no big deal, get a new fan. Potentially getting water on a 240v fan is not a situation I could feel safe with, hand watering.

I'll hunt up the CFMs some time. It's pretty impressive. All the branches sway a little (when it's not a jungle anyway).

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Love those small fans... had a 360cfm 120v version once... built a twin 150w hps cab out of it.... Miss that thing. LOL

Hey... heads up on the TW X PD... it's a trainwreck cross (supposedly the arcata cut) so you'll want to watch for hermies late in flower.

A good pheno won't throw nanners until far after you'd normally cut (if at all). Hope one of those three turns out to be that for ya. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hi there folks, thanks for the comments and tips. Well I gotta say they look amazing. I decided tonight that the stretch phase is definitely over, so i lowered the light and defoliated. I hope that's alright. It seems alright. It smells alright. It must be right!

Here is an overall shot showing the light before I lowered it. The bulb is one of those odd HPSes with extra blue if anyone understands what I mean. I got a new bulb so should I throw that in? New one is a Son-T. Anyway:

Here's the stumpy Trainwreck, my favourite. I have one cutting left of it which is hopefully gonna root, otherwise I'll have to come up with something:

And here are the other two TW crosses:

Some shots are before/during/after defoliation.

The only other thing to note is that I attempted pollinating some branches but it didn't seem to work. The hairs didn't die off at all. I harvested the pollen, then let it sit open to the air for like 8 hours before I applied it. Could that be why?

With the pc fan, I used to use that one hooked up to a gigantic carbon filter. I think it's like 220 cfm or so. I actually checked it out & paid attention, it was just hitting the central branches, making the other branches appear to shake. It's pretty much an invisible cool tube column of air going over the bulb. I'm not sure if that's desirable, but I do want a bigger fan for next run. I'll man up & set up an auto watering system too.

Temps are great but humidity is high as per usual in the tropics. I'll run the dehumidifier occasionally in my bedroom when things thicken up more.

Have fun! _o/

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
hot diggity homeslice! scrub-a-dub-dub growing some vertical buds! looking very nice bro! I was just gonna see what yer up to and found this :)

you ever google 'scrublouver' ? :D

D

DeftoneSmoker

Looking good man....I have been waiting for ic to approve my new account. This is "detonesmoker btw" I got my girl in flower now:) pics coming soon. Think im got some reading to do as I havent talked to you since you pm'd me saying you were gonna finally do a full grow...l8r man send me a friend invite. wont let me yet.

D

DeftoneSmoker

Here is how mine is doing randoms 138.jpg

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:yoinks: Holy Crap you suffer from Over Veg Syndrome too I see :bigeye:
Looking great from where I'm sitting bruz, can't wait to see the next round of pics
Tagged up for sure :lurk:
:smoke out:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hey! Hello friends & old faces. :) Sorry for the absence but what can I say? :D That grow did great - around 18.5 oz! I have a couple of sets of pics that I'll upload shortly.

The humidity got into the high 80s during lights off but none was lost to mould etc.

The veg length seemed pretty good overall. I've definitely over vegged this new grow though, and I have 6 plants this time. I haven't been doing any upkeep either and it's slightly reminiscent of the first jungle run.

Plant looks wicked, Deftone! I added you, I think.

Damn, the scrublouver is takin' over! Thanks Stealth, I will read through some of these.

Well I'll get the pics up in a bit. This grow will be the last in this cab. I'm not sure what's going to happen next but if nothing better happens, I'll probably do an outdoor grow. :wave:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
So to be clear, these are old pics, just following on from where I left off...

Coming up next, the harvest-time pics! :woohoo:

And then we can get onto the current grow. Laters.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Ok here's the harvest pics. First, the bagseeds:

And the TWxPDs looking more plumper:

And a bit of both:

Good times! Stay tuned for when I finally take some pics of the current grow. I haven't taken any yet, and I think it has 40 something days to go.

Your pal,
SN