What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's a Lonely Lifestyle

Mr.Miner

I daydream about having that lonely lifestyle. I am in the marathon process of setting myself up so I can have that very lifestyle in 2-3 years max. I would trade this shit-trap money-making bullshit, stressing, responsibility-career that I have for the other in a heartbeat.
I welcome the 'hermit' lifestyle with open-arms. It is my goal. And it is success, in my opinion.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
or if the grower is a woman, the risk is a man.

I guess..... Not sure about that, Max. The genders are not really exactly the same. I have always thought that women are more into security seeking than Males. Which equates to problems for the career grower. Things are great until they aren't.

I have found, that WEIRD is a font of wisdom. Agree or not, read his words.

It's all about balance for Me. Staying fit and healthy is so important to the mental faculties. And tomorrow, I begin a move to a larger space to live and grow, in more ways than one.

Cheers. Don't push yrselves too hard, there is a price to pay for that.

I cannot believe how important sleep is to the equation. I almost went too hard for too long. My circadian clock was completely backwards, cause its so hectic round here. I worshipped nighttime, as the time to get things done, and enjoy quiet.

It was almost too late to avoid serious health issues, (happened to me decades ago, with near-catastrophic results - I could feel the signs) but I caught myself at a point that I can work with. A good liver detox, and lots of home cookin' gluten-free, plus getting outdoors every day to re-create. I'll be right as dodgers soon. haha.

Having said that, Last week was terrifying. I loaded up too much in my life at once, and then am moving. I could feel it in awful ways. Heart stuff. But, it's all OK now, start tomorrow the move to quiet space, and it would appear that I pulled off an 18 month period in a bungalow surrounded by other houses, in a not so 420 friendly county. No more pot, no more hash, it's all gone. Just Me and my 24 plants (+ a jar of 60+ exciting seeds..!)

The growing lifestyle can be as challenging as any other, a lot is how we process the stimuli.

Last edited:

Max Headroom

Veteran
I guess..... Not sure about that, Max. The genders are not really exactly the same. I have always thought that women are more into security seeking than Males. Which equates to problems for the career grower. Things are great until they aren't.

i just wanted to point out that a "jilted lover" is a huge sec risc, regardless if male or female. both genders have their drama queens.

Kaabon

I only recently started growing, and I do find myself very lonely these days. I don't even sell, but I don't want to run the risk of getting ripped off or somebody saying something stupid because they get pissed off at me. I can't bring women home now because I grow in my room. I wish I had more friends that smoke, but I find that everyone I meet that does smoke always wants to mooch and never around when you don't have buds. Kinda sucks because I am normally a very social person and it is causing me to get depressed from the isolation. It's either smoke buds or take that fucked up medicine for my spine though.

DarthFader1

Veteran
darthfader: there is always some guy who thinks he owns the place and orders people around - how about i say YOU to stop whining about other responses an let people have their opinion and post it.
i did not enjoy your post at all it´s negative and attack against other´s in this conversation, so as you have nothing intelligent to contribute to this topic . please do fuck off, probably no one will miss you as you leave.:tiphat:

Tough guy itt.

Your opinion means zero to me.

I slam little b****** on these forums because sometimes it needs to be done; if i actually take the time to call someone out its always with good reason as i don't post that much

I have added a lot more value in these forums than you would ever even be capable of.

Now why don't you go back to 2008 and not open your account :tiphat:

DarthFader1

Veteran
See the problem with these forums in the present day is they are populated by a bunch of new members on their 14th account who don't / can't even grow. A lot of trolls and extremely bad advice.

That finnish guy i said stop talking if anyone goes back and reads his posts he is blatantly spewing aids all over this website polluting it with his PERSONAL life problems. This is not what these forums are for.

These are some of the reasons a lot of the REAL GROWERS don't really post on here anymore. I am a real grower, ive been on this site since around 2007 and i am a successful grower, that isn't even up for debate.

I just wish these fkkking noob trolls would stop posting and ruining these forums for the real growers out there, and the legit noobies trying to learn

But whatever really, it doesn't worry me at all i will continue to be successful while the noob trolls will continue to live in their mum's basement dishing out phony advice and stinking these forums up with their aids.

End of rant
Darth

p.s have a lovely f****** day :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stick around.

I have a fair amount of patience and do not mind scrolling through dead threads for information but it is frustrating that almost every user with good information is either banned or no longer posts here or online in general and is unavailable for questions. In doing this I have very few questions and a personal pet peeve is the ridiculous amount of redundant questions people ask that are answered dozens of times in megathreads and stickies. But then many prefer to be spoon fed than to feed themselves. C'est la vie as the froggies say.

There is a knowledge base of experienced growers that is slowly retreating. Who else are we to learn from? Many of these people complain about the direction things have gone re: the "things aren't like they used to be" commentry. Tough deal, that's how life works. Things change, evolve and are continually percieved as worse than before by the older generation. Much good has happened, legal growing for one. Granted this has brought a wave of know-it-alls and countless new growers with more money than brains but that's unavoidable. At the same time "stoner logic" has made a retreat and many employ a much more scientific approach. Professionals from other fields unrelated to cannabis feel confident breeching the gap and sharing their information for the benefit of all.

Why not get out there and help? The Infirmary, New Growers and Grow Room Design subforums could use anyone with more than 3 or 4 years under their belt, it's basically the blind leading the blind. IC isn't anywhere comparable to the clusterfuck that is Gr4sscity or the like, but take away the last of the experienced growers and in a few years time they'll look much the same.

Or just keep doing your own thing, act smug and watch it all fall apart.

This reply isn't a direct response to you, more so to older more experienced growers in general.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I do what I want ...yeehaw...if I want fun I go out..if I want peace I go home...I smoke lots of awesome weed I couldn't afford to smoke in the amount I do ..and the bonus $$$$$$$$$$$$ don't hurt either..if your horny get a ho, bang a barfly in motel...if your lonely get a pet..it wont steal your shit or call the cops..i am lucky I can go to campground for 25$$$ and tell them I am tourist too..

DarthFader1

Veteran
Stick around.

I have a fair amount of patience and do not mind scrolling through dead threads for information but it is frustrating that almost every user with good information is either banned or no longer posts here or online in general and is unavailable for questions. In doing this I have very few questions and a personal pet peeve is the ridiculous amount of redundant questions people ask that are answered dozens of times in megathreads and stickies. But then many prefer to be spoon fed than to feed themselves. C'est la vie as the froggies say.

There is a knowledge base of experienced growers that is slowly retreating. Who else are we to learn from? Many of these people complain about the direction things have gone re: the "things aren't like they used to be" commentry. Tough deal, that's how life works. Things change, evolve and are continually percieved as worse than before by the older generation. Much good has happened, legal growing for one. Granted this has brought a wave of know-it-alls and countless new growers with more money than brains but that's unavoidable. At the same time "stoner logic" has made a retreat and many employ a much more scientific approach. Professionals from other fields unrelated to cannabis feel confident breeching the gap and sharing their information for the benefit of all.

Why not get out there and help? The Infirmary, New Growers and Grow Room Design subforums could use anyone with more than 3 or 4 years under their belt, it's basically the blind leading the blind. IC isn't anywhere comparable to the clusterfuck that is Gr4sscity or the like, but take away the last of the experienced growers and in a few years time they'll look much the same.

Or just keep doing your own thing, act smug and watch it all fall apart.

This reply isn't a direct response to you, more so to older more experienced growers in general.

Hey good post Mikell.

The main problem that i see in these beginner threads is exactly what you said about the blind leading the blind. It's all these new members dishing out this total crap blind advice to other new members. It's too much of a clusterf*** to climb into for me, unfortunately. More reading less posting!!

So much great info is already on here though so i feel like if ppl use the search function effectively they can find the answers they seek. I nearly always have

Back to original topic though i have definitely made quite big sacrifices for a few years now in order to do what i do. If you don't enjoy the hermit lifestyle this job probably ain't for you imho.

A friend of mine who was interested in doing something similar; i was laying it out to him about how you really cannot have ppl around to your house etc and i try to explain it to him so many times and all he can think is "oh fuck that would be miserable" See that is a clear cut case of a guy that would not last 1 harvest in this business. They want all the benefits without sacrificing a godamn thing. You wana do this shit, you going to have to make sacrifices end of story. Anything worthwhile in life usually involves sacrifices, even at just a basic opportunity cost level.

cheers
darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
I daydream about having that lonely lifestyle. I am in the marathon process of setting myself up so I can have that very lifestyle in 2-3 years max. I would trade this shit-trap money-making bullshit, stressing, responsibility-career that I have for the other in a heartbeat.
I welcome the 'hermit' lifestyle with open-arms. It is my goal. And it is success, in my opinion.

Right on Mr Miner :)

It all starts with a dream, and a seed (to quote Gypsy)

I won't bore you with my story other than to say this was also my dream sometime ago now to escape the crushing reality of working a bullshit career you cannot stand, and to be truly free. Nowadays nobody tells me what to do and it is something i appreciate greatly, although not without some sacrifices. As this world gets colder and more fucked up, i believe the hermit lifestyle becomes even more appealing for a lot of us. You don't even need a huge amount of money, you just gota be smart with the money you do have and become more self sufficient and live a relatively simple life. Well that's what i try to do anyway.

Keep it green yo and all the best Miner chase your dreams ftw!!

darth

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
The world is full of anti social people. Faces always stuck in their phones. Go to dinner and look around. Families don't talk to each other due to faces stuck to that phone. If you're anti social blame your parents. You'd be a hermit even if you didn't grow herb.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Lol true that sackoweed!

This whole smartphone epidemic omfg; makes me sick to my stomach. Wherever you go all these freak bitches on their phones 24/7. Really makes me hate humanity!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I do what I want ...yeehaw...if I want fun I go out..if I want peace I go home...I smoke lots of awesome weed I couldn't afford to smoke in the amount I do ..and the bonus $$$$$$$$$$$$ don't hurt either..if your horny get a ho, bang a barfly in motel...if your lonely get a pet..it wont steal your shit or call the cops..i am lucky I can go to campground for 25$$$ and tell them I am tourist too..
Yr a crazy Mikifiki, but I love ya...! Dude, You crack me up. Cheers..@!

A

algae1011

The Power of Introverts

The Power of Introverts

Ya, it's a hearty lifestyle 4 sirius, lone-ranger artists only--gotta live your craft, or ya get poop!!

Maybe it can also be called an Introverted Lifestyle. The Power of Introverts: http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts?language=en

I'm excited to learn more on here, and already have--hopefully my noob antics aren't too annoying while I get acclimated to sittin at the cool table... I was alone practicing muzik for a while and still suck at socializing lol...not that I was ever very good lol... :tiphat::dance013::bandit:

:pirate: Link to the song "Walk Alone" by The Roots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODIUNAsF59Y

A

algae1011

The world is full of anti social people. Faces always stuck in their phones. Go to dinner and look around. Families don't talk to each other due to faces stuck to that phone. If you're anti social blame your parents. You'd be a hermit even if you didn't grow herb.

^Real talk^
We're all mad here!

Makes me think of "The Real Me" by The Who: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7D0AEkyn80

"Marriage partners are to serve each other. Elevate, help, teach, strengthen each other, but above all, serve. Raise their children honorably, lovingly and with detachment. A child is a guest in the house, to be loved and respected — never possessed, since he belongs to God. How wonderful, how sane, how beautifully difficult, and therefore true. The joy of responsibility for the first time in my life."

k-grower

Tough guy itt.

Your opinion means zero to me.

I slam little b****** on these forums because sometimes it needs to be done; if i actually take the time to call someone out its always with good reason as i don't post that much

I have added a lot more value in these forums than you would ever even be capable of.

Now why don't you go back to 2008 and not open your account :tiphat:

who the hell make you the judge what supposed to posted and what not? your contribute to this site has mean nothing to me as mine to you, it´s not the only purpose of this site to get YOU an info or post opinions to forums what YOU feel is right, not everyone here is to entertain YOU and if someones writing´s get your nerves it´s not your job to "bitch slab people" as you referred earlier, you should keep your mouth shut if you don´t have anything else than negative feedback and continue reading other post´s, stop flaming other growers and people generally as you make yourself look like an idiot who thinks that hes the "master grower" and that would give you an status of some kind of special rights to judge others or bash them or their posts. GET REAL!

YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR, NOR THE GENERAL OPINION POLICE EVEN YOU ACT LIKE ONE,YOU MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THIS SITE AND PEOPLE HERE, NOR DO I BUT I DON´T TELL PEOPLE FUCK OFF PUBLIC GROW FORUMS/OR WHAT THEY SHOULD WRITE AND TEND TO OWN THE PLACE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts