What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's a bunch of high priced corn.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I call it the take my ball and go home mentallity...

I have never gotten along with people that say my way or the highway...it just displays an absolute disrespect for anyting other than self. And once you think you have it all figured out - that is when you stop learning and progress dies.

It's through contrasting opinions and the sharing of different ideas that fuels progression. Pushing for blanket acceptance doesn't do anything accept create a good testbed for how large a possible consumer niche may be...and that goal was acheived.

dank.Frank

I agree 100%. But then you get assholes like me that sometimes just like to argue for fun and end up being threatened with getting their skulls chewed :biggrin:

Anyways...I am curious, what effect can cytokinins have in 24 hrs. Don't you actually have to reachieve root dominance and then take in real nutrients to see a result? What am I missing.

captinahab

Biggest grow guru in the world..... nature... every one else dont know shit. Shes been doing this millions of years and your pathetic short 100 year lifetime full of learning compiled history of agriculture thru the centurys makes me chuckle.

If you only have yes men around then you can do no wrong... even when your wrong.

I know millionare geniuouses who cant even pump their own gas. So smart... but not on all levels. No one knows everything. Ill take common sense over smart anyday....question athority is my life motto because lemmings are everywhere waiting to lead you strait over the cliff. Is the mona lisa anymore artwork than anything i have painted? Why should i even paint if it already reached perfection.

The cannibis comunity has never taken lightly the my way or the highway attitude of growing. Three little birds preached my way or the highway until everyone showed them the door. Alot of good knowledge was lost due to mentality that my way is right and all others are wrong

captinahab

Prime example of what im talking about...

A semi trailer drove under a overpass that was shorter than his trailer and got wedged in. So many PROFESSIONAL people showed up to help. Firemen, police, and rescue units spent hours trying to get it out. They had 3 differnt tow truck hooking lines to it pulling it in diffent angle without it moving an inch.

Crowd grew as they tried to get it free but it hit with such impact that it seemee like it welded itself to the bridge.

A lillte boy rode his bike up to all the people in charge. They were all standing around contimplating ideqs to get it free. The little boy said "hey, why dont you guys let the air out of the tires before you try pulling it out"

Everyone looked at each other and smiled and the truck was free in minutes.

He wasnt a professional... he had no right to chime in... but ill be damned if he didnt fix the problem....... :)

captinahab

I don't see any more professionalism though. I just see the same old questions and answers. It's just another MJ grow site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgd-tkjxQ94
just because you found out santa is real.. doesnt mean you cant still enjoy christmas. :)

In fact it teaches you that the spirit lies in the hope from the next generation.

More.the.reason to have an open forum so they can advace at a greater rate than i had the chance to do.

Where do you want to aee this forum head? Are you looking to alter.cannibis genetical? Maby thc growing on apples.. glow in the dark week.. plants that auto seed on lower buds.

I think your just burnt out on all the knowledge you have gained from this site. Boy if i had these resources 20 years ago...

I traveled for a couple of years as a bud photographer. I photographed thousands of different buds. Strains from all 50 states. Ive met a lot of wookies and every pot ive ever smoked was just that.. pot. You can build a tollerance to any pot... nothin was magical.

I take this very seriously.. i put my life on the line for this plant.

captinahab

Beside cant you just edit out everyones comments when you write a book or publish a study. Their is no one way ...or this site would have ONE sticky called "how to grow weed" and no other post.

h.h.

Veteran
Beside cant you just edit out everyones comments when you write a book or publish a study. Their is no one way ...or this site would have ONE sticky called "how to grow weed" and no other post.
If some of the threads were locked to the general populace, they would be more productive. I would be very content to sit back and read. I don't need to post.
I think that might have been at least part of the intent with creating a splinter forum. I believe that is what Weird is implying. The thing is, it didn't work.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Biggest grow guru in the world..... nature... every one else dont know shit. Shes been doing this millions of years and your pathetic short 100 year lifetime full of learning compiled history of agriculture thru the centurys makes me chuckle.

If you only have yes men around then you can do no wrong... even when your wrong.

I know millionare geniuouses who cant even pump their own gas. So smart... but not on all levels. No one knows everything. Ill take common sense over smart anyday....question athority is my life motto because lemmings are everywhere waiting to lead you strait over the cliff. Is the mona lisa anymore artwork than anything i have painted? Why should i even paint if it already reached perfection.

The cannibis comunity has never taken lightly the my way or the highway attitude of growing. Three little birds preached my way or the highway until everyone showed them the door. Alot of good knowledge was lost due to mentality that my way is right and all others are wrong

Just out of curiosity what happens when nature changes. For example, what happens when man mines the minerals out of soil for hundreds of yrs. You put a seed in that, just like nature intended, and you end up fucked.

And telling jokes as examples of real life ain't exactly helpful either. Sorry but that was fucking lame, who are you Rush Limbaugh.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
If some of the threads were locked to the general populace, they would be more productive. I would be very content to sit back and read. I don't need to post.
I think that might have been at least part of the intent with creating a splinter forum. I believe that is what Weird is implying. The thing is, it didn't work.

yes I am saying that was their intent and I am not saying it is a perfect solution or scenario.

We are in a wicked transition.

We are a prohibition subculture with the pressures of emerging legality and technology that are changing the game on a daily basis.

I had hoped for a better model and I was resentful at IC for some time for not being that better model.

Then I realized the model I wish to see manifest was in my head and if I wanted to see it manifest I had to do something to make it happen.

It is a brave new world and a rapidly changing one.

I will tell you of my greatest disappointment however

That our collective anecdotal observations could very well put us ahead of the scientific culture if it weren't for polarization and a focus on difference

Carl Jung said that during our adolescence we focused on difference so we could create a unique identity and that later on, once established we would seek to reintegrate by focusing on commonalities

Hopefully our collective communities will grow past their adolescence and into adulthood or our prohibition sacrifices will simply have less worth

captinahab

"Carl Jung said that during our adolescence we focused on difference so we could create a unique identity and that later on, once established we would seek to reintegrate by focusing on commonalities"

Basicaly... all my enemys turn into my teachers. But that happens in adult life too. " the vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity".
The people who fustrate me the most usualy teach me the most in the end....

captinahab

Just out of curiosity what happens when nature changes. For example, what happens when man mines the minerals out of soil for hundreds of yrs. You put a seed in that, just like nature intended, and you end up fucked.

And telling jokes as examples of real life ain't exactly helpful either. Sorry but that was fucking lame, who are you Rush Limbaugh.

When in history have we not amended the soil to grow crops? If you plant a seed on top solid rock it wont grow either. Its always been about fertile soil. Are you saying we are depelting the soil so much that the earth may end? Im surrounded by millions of acres of farmers who dont seem too concerned about mineral depletion... half of them are no till.

And Sorry you didnt like my story:)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wierd....your last post was pretty epic. We'll said. I'm going to let that be some brain stew for a bit. That's why I've always like you. :respect:

dank.Frank

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
You know I used to think the way I do now, but I had no way to express it, nor did I have an audience I really cared enough about to be so inspired.

I really feel at this point, that majority of prohibition era growers that left the beaten path and sacrificed everything to have a relationship with this plant had deep inside a vision and desire to see the prevailing potential for harmony unfold.

as societies our old ways are simply not sustainable and as a race we are remarkable enough to over come the old ways and embrace something new, that as a cognitive part of nature we could find a way to live harmoniously within its scope here as we bring nature from this planet to others.

In this regard we have plenty of opportunity and there is a magnificent amount of abundance, enough so that we don't have to compromise in the transition

h.h.

Veteran
You know I used to think the way I do now, but I had no way to express it, nor did I have an audience I really cared enough about to be so inspired.

I really feel at this point, that majority of prohibition era growers that left the beaten path and sacrificed everything to have a relationship with this plant had deep inside a vision and desire to see the prevailing potential for harmony unfold.

as societies our old ways are simply not sustainable and as a race we are remarkable enough to over come the old ways and embrace something new, that as a cognitive part of nature we could find a way to live harmoniously within its scope here as we bring nature from this planet to others.

In this regard we have plenty of opportunity and there is a magnificent amount of abundance, enough so that we don't have to compromise in the transition
Ganja is an enzyme.

There is no real meaning to the word "abundance", only "depletion".

There is room for a sister site. A place for advance talk on plants and soils.
While marijuana brings a lot of folks here, there are those who shy away.
GardenWeb sucks.
Chatter is good. It brings new ideas. It also drowns them out.
Mike Bloomfield, Al Cooper, and Stephen Stills.
Super Sessions.
I put my kazoo away, shut up and listen. Learn from the pictures in my head.
"To everything there is a season"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Nb3A_NO28

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
There is no real meaning to the word "abundance", only "depletion".

or it comes down to relative perspective. From a state of today's ecosystems perhaps that perspective might have some credence. However, evolutionarily speaking in the grand scheme of things if life evolved from RNA then life is far more abundance (and complex) than it was when it started, argue the limits of how much life the earth can support all you like, we have already left it and are working on establishing life elsewhere in our solar system.

Life is expanding much like the known universe after the big bang, the laws that dictate life are congruent with the laws that govern the universe and we have alot more expansion to go.

h.h.

Veteran
Eminent domain? We may find it an already crowded place.
If it's habitable, it's already inhabited.

Latest posts

Latest posts