What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It is called decorum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ignignokt

Learn from the past, live in the present, teach your children to improve the future.

I can't help but notice that your closing thought is an interesting formula which assures the status quo will never change.

Learn from the past, keep learning in the present and future, never stop learning, and try to apply everything learned the best way you can from here on out....

Gry

Veteran
"They now came upon more and more of the big scarlet flowers until they found themselves in the midst of a great meadow carpeted with nothing but poppies. Now, in the magical Land of Oz, it is a well known fact that when there are many of these flowers together their odor and fragrance is so strong and so powerful, that anyone who breathes it in instantly begins to fall asleep, and if the sleeper is not carried away from the deadly scent of the blossoms, they sleep on and on forever and ever until their dying day. But Dorothy, just a little girl from Kansas, did not know this, nor could she get away from the bright red flowers that were everywhere about; so presently as she walked on her eyes grew very heavy, and soon she felt she must sit down to rest and to even sleep. " ―The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900)

packerfan79

Veteran
"They now came upon more and more of the big scarlet flowers until they found themselves in the midst of a great meadow carpeted with nothing but poppies. Now, in the magical Land of Oz, it is a well known fact that when there are many of these flowers together their odor and fragrance is so strong and so powerful, that anyone who breathes it in instantly begins to fall asleep, and if the sleeper is not carried away from the deadly scent of the blossoms, they sleep on and on forever and ever until their dying day. But Dorothy, just a little girl from Kansas, did not know this, nor could she get away from the bright red flowers that were everywhere about; so presently as she walked on her eyes grew very heavy, and soon she felt she must sit down to rest and to even sleep. " ―The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900)

I have never liked the wizard of oz. The wizard being a regular Joe. Posing as some all powerful wizard is slightly interesting. Otherwise it's one of the most overrated films of all times.

Gry

Veteran
I have never liked the wizard of oz. The wizard being a regular Joe. Posing as some all powerful wizard is slightly interesting. Otherwise it's one of the most overrated films of all times.

The standard right wing complaint usually revolves around Yip Harburg.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

yet oddly enough..... that hair looks alarmingly familiar :yoinks:

e3bAi9o.gif

Gry

Veteran
You sent the ball soaring over the wall and out the park with that one.

Hey photoshop fans, need a quick cleanup in isle 9.

packerfan79

Veteran
The standard right wing complaint usually revolves around Yip Harburg.

Not everything has to be political. I can't not like a movie without it being due to politics. I don't like most movies, or TV for that matter. Their is a reason its called the boob tube. I prefer music especially live music. Books are good also. Most books I read are political, or philosophy (which has been lumped in with politics these days)

White Beard

Liberals trying to "Progress" the good 'ol USA. Fixed it for ya.

Is putting words in other people’s mouths fun?

It’s called ‘straw-manning’, or falsifying another’s position so you can argue against your own made up “argument” instead of grappling with the actual other position.

It’s not just bad argument, it’s inherently obnoxious too

I

Ignignokt

If Trump is going to go down, going down via the 25th amendment would be particularly entertaining.

packerfan79

Veteran
If Trump is going to go down, going down via the 25th amendment would be particularly entertaining.

I don't think what essentially amounts to a coup is good for this country.

How do you think half the country who voted for him are going to respond?

The deep-state will be undeniable, this will destroy the little integrity the FBI, and DOJ have left.This will do irreparable damage.

For the first time Americans vote will be removed by a political action. This clearly is treason.

Unless the deep-state can convince the military and police to kill millions of Republicans, it will be impossible.

I hate to say it but a civil war may be the only way to get passed this time in our history. It is a scary thought.

Are you ready to die trying to remove Trump?

Are you ready to kill people for voting for someone you hate?

igrowone

Veteran

For the first time Americans vote will be removed by a political action. This clearly is treason.

Nixon was effectively removed by political action
he resigned because his removal was imminent, and for the good of the country
we've done this before and were the better for it

I

Ignignokt

If people who voted for him refuse to acknowledge that he has something wrong with him, when what most people already knew, is also coming from inside the white house, what else can be said?

The Republican party will still be in power.

packerfan79

Veteran
If people who voted for him refuse to acknowledge that he has something wrong with him, when what most people already knew, is also coming from inside the white house, what else can be said?

The Republican party will still be in power.

Keep telling yourself that. Most of our Politicians have something wrong with themselves. If we removed every politician how was unhinged The Democrats would have 4 people left in office, Republicans would have 7.

Americans wouldn't have to deal with that pesky Voting. Why vote if you vote can be overturned by a bunch of unelected bureaucrats. Its Fundamentally unamerican. If Trump is removed shits going to get bad. Quick. So now Democrats want to do away with legitimate elections all together, that's nothing new though.

White Beard

For the sake of decorum...

For the sake of decorum...

General Welfare = free healthcare paid for with progressive tax scams. I am going to take a wild guess that no founding father would be for crazy taxes to pay for free healthcare. These were the men who declared war on the world's largest empire over taxes on tea.
Not surprised, pretty much everything you say sounds like a wild and a *wrong* guess to me, so sure, go ahead.

As far as the post office, it's regularly used as an example of government incompetence. That doesn't quite qualify as subverting the constitutional mandate that a postal service be maintained by the federal government. UPS, FEDEX, and many other shipping services could easily replace the postal service. The constitution says otherwise, so we get the post office. Their are things that could and should of been changed in the constitution. The ammendment process allows for the updating of the constitution.
So you don’t give a crap about original intent if it doesn’t go along with your pet version of America? If you don’t like it, change it, but don’t *dare* change anything YOU like? ‘Cause unlike your fellow citizens YOU know ALL ABOUT America?

I find it intellectually dishonest when leftists who hate the constitution, and the men who wrote it, try to use it in their favor. You can't simultaneously hate a document and use it to further your ideology when convenient.
Well done, your brainwashing is complete. The faults of your owners and managers are invisible to you, and you keep imagining hated others: the urban thug, the hollywierd liberal, that those hated others are responsible for the slights and insults you perceive, and the deterioration of your position in society.

You parrot your handlers quite precisely.

White Beard

He was a con man in Oz...what did you expect him to do, teach school? Be president?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts