What's new

It came from the swamp!

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been at the organics thing since I started growing indoors back in 2003. I grew outdoors for about 5 years before that but didnt really know what I was doing. I had read a few books and got a few OK crops in. But once I found ICmag and strarted talking with other folks who actually knew what they were doing I started to get the big picture.

I had a friend that used to grow and taking advice from him turned out to be the worst thing I could possibly do. "Dude you gotta pull off all of the leaves, you get bigger buds." And then theres this one... "I am talling you, you are not doing something right, I used to get at least 5 lbs from my 1k"

WTF ever dude, did you dry it first? :yeahthats:laughing:

Organics is actually really easy once you get a good soil mix down. You can forget to feed, hell even forget to water sometimes.:yeahthats

I want to try hydro. Really bad. I would like to start with either Ebb and flow, or DWC. The coco, well I lost damn near a whole crop due to coco. I think I just wasnt prepared for everything that goes with it. I dont own a Ph meter. Matter of fact, I couldnt tell you the Ph of anything. I just make sure there is foam on my compost tea and that means the micros are thriving. Ph must be ok. This is kinda more my speed since I am now alone taking care of the kiddies and the garden at night cuz Mrs.Swamp took a night job.

I will never stop growing organic, but I will experiment with other methods but you can bet your ass there will be a few pots of black gold in there too. Just in case I fuck something up.

I cannot afford to lose another crop right now. Bread and butter if you will in this time. Un-employed and the realestate matket is in pieces so the chance of getting a job in my field is very slim. Organics pretty much guarantees a decent crop that I can almost count on. Might not yield as high as hydro, but lees of a chance of screwups since organics is very forgiving.
:yeahthats brotherrrrah, can I git-ah an amen-ah...(shitty evangelist impersonation)
I hear ya man. Me too. Supporting a family with area 51....lol. Job thing aint happening fo sho. I can flip burgers for less than I am getting with un-employment, then have to worry about childcare. Nah...grow my herb, babysit MY OWN child.

Wouldnt mind dabbling in dro someday...when I get to "legal" pastures maybe. But I will always be a dirty boy!
good vibes

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
so let me get this straight...

since my gallery is private the pics I have posted can only be seen by my friends? even in a thread??

fook I got to change that right now.

peace
jip

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
so let me get this straight...

since my gallery is private the pics I have posted can only be seen by my friends? even in a thread??

fook I got to change that right now.

peace
jip

Ya mon. Thats the way it works. I feel bad cuz it's like reading the entree description but never eating the food. Kinda. Just change your album to public under edit album.

I am truly sorry bout that guys. Now you can go back and see my cj pics

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hells bells! I didn't know that chit either. Gotta make some changes. Nice heads up.

You stuff is lookin tight, friend!
BTW...I NEVER let any females around my grow but my lovely female unit, and she is NEVER allowed near the grow when Aunt Flow is in town. That is a sacred rule that carries out to the vegetable garden as well.
I told her that if she wants to be around any horticulture during that time of the month, then hang out around the lawn grass so it will grow with less vigor. I advise her that the best way to cover the most ground is to walk behind this gadget I have for her that shaves off the top of the greenery as she is making her passes.
A good woman is hard to find.

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hells bells! I didn't know that chit either. Gotta make some changes. Nice heads up.

BTW...I NEVER let any females around my grow but my lovely female unit, and she is NEVER allowed near the grow when Aunt Flow is in town. That is a sacred rule that carries out to the vegetable garden as well.
I told her that if she wants to be around any horticulture during that time of the month, then hang out around the lawn grass so it will grow with less vigor. I advise her that the best way to cover the most ground is to walk behind this gadget I have for her that shaves off the top of the greenery as she is making her passes.
:laughing::laughing:...LMAO

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran

:laughing: Me too. Aunt Flow. LMAO! You are too much bro. It's funny cuz Mrs.Swamp insists on mowing the grass. She gets really pissed if anybody else does it. A good woman IS hard to find.

G

grapepunched

damn does she wear combat boots too?
thats a hell of a woman, mine wont even make dinner :biglaugh:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys are kidding right??....the plants really dont care what time of the month it is??? lol Im having a good laugh over here! ...and mowin the lawn is fun! :D
hey swampy and mrs. swamp :D

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
You guys are kidding right??....the plants really dont care what time of the month it is??? lol Im having a good laugh over here! ...and mowin the lawn is fun! :D
hey swampy and mrs. swamp :D

Ya, just messin around Mrs.Babba. But I am serious about the lawn thing.

Mrs. Swamp

No, KindHypnos, I do not have a sister, sorry!!!

Yep, Swamp is right, I do love to mow the grass...its great exercise!!!

And Mrs. Babba, Im with ya on that!!!.....Im gettin' a good laugh too!!! :laughing:

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Swamp family :wave:
As an update as to growing, flowers, matures ???
Mrs swamp, yes mowing grass is good fun :muahaha:
... it to my wife wanted to mow the grass ....

:smoweed:

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No mowing yet, its busy snowing out there! THought I'd finally put a pic of the blubonic up. its stuck in the back so its a group shot with bubba and GK #3 or 4 back right. Dj BB back left, finally made it in to flower! Plus a seeded gk bud for kicks.

hope y'all are doing well down there today!
RM

Last edited:
P

Peat

Hey SD, & Mrs.

I'm a little late with the pic :wink:, but I timed it about right. :D
I'm about 2 weeks behind ya...

Hey RM,
:listen2: WTF is this 'snow' that you speak of??? :chin:

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nasty stuff that snow, Peat, you dont even want to know about it! Its melted and gone, we're safe now!
RM

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
^^That's too bad MrsSwamp... looks like I'm destined to be single forever :woohoo: lol...

So how's it goin' Mister Swamp?? I'm jonesin' for an update over here :1help:

Hope you had a good weekend!

Yea, bro, I'm gonna have to agree with KindHypnos here, we need an update. :joint: