What's new

Israel, Palestinians agree to long-term truce in Gaza Strip conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Toker

Veteran
we've been over this resin, I am not going to repeat myself. All I am asking for is balance, fairness and justice. Everyone keeps saying poor Israel and not saying that anything they do is wrong, and that is not right. Rockets launched by a small fraction of a population does not justify destroying the infrastructure and innocents of said population. Period. Exclamation point, whatever you want to add is equally useless and irrelevant. Israel has been very guilty for being a war criminal state for decades, and that war criminal state, not innocent individuals, must be eliminated and room made for a just and representative government NOT run by fanatics.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
The state of Isreal while ever it accepts unending Jewish immigration from all over the world, is inherently an expansionist entity, and there are lots of right wing religious extremists who believe that chunks of Egypt, lebanon and Jorda etc are part of the gift from the imaginary man in the sky. Books of mythology are not title deeds!

Finally, Arab Terroris. It is a bit rich for Isreal to whinge about bomb attacks.rockets etc, when the Terrorism of Haganah, Irgun and the Stern Gang were absolutely integral to the foundation of the state of Isreal. From the perspective of a palestinian looking at the History, The Jewish terrorists succeeded in their aims, so why shouldn't the Arabs?

So basically, according to you, the Jewish Tradition is mere 'mythology' as in it is purely fictional and just a bunch of lies. Yet, the Muslim do indeed have a valid Tradition and everyone should respect it.

then, you justify Muslim Terrorism because Israel defeated the British and sent them home packing. and btw, what resistance did the so-called Palestinians offered the British occupation :chin:

and people talk about double standards, right? LOL!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
we've been over this resin, I am not going to repeat myself. All I am asking for is balance, fairness and justice. Everyone keeps saying poor Israel and not saying that anything they do is wrong, and that is not right. Rockets launched by a small fraction of a population does not justify destroying the infrastructure and innocents of said population. Period. Exclamation point, whatever you want to add is equally useless and irrelevant. Israel has been very guilty for being a war criminal state for decades, and that war criminal state, not innocent individuals, must be eliminated and room made for a just and representative government NOT run by fanatics.

it's easy to pretend all is so simple from your computer in your comfortable house.

But why don't you ask the level-headed people of Gaza what happens when you want to make peace with Israel? oh wait, you cannot ask them that, they were executed by Hamas, oops.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran

I agree 100% there needs to be balance. But....
Until those that constantly call for total annihilation of Israel and it's people get that there will no peace. Changing the mind set of those that love to hate and have fostered, grown, and passed on that hate for a couple thousand years is going to be next to impossible.
What you mentioned earlier about not allowing them to have standing armies would be like the US government fully arming those nuts over at Westboro Baptist church and turning them loose. Total chaos. Conventional weapons in the hands of radicals, no matter their relegious/political beliefs is never a good thing. Even standing governments have taught us this throughout history.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
So basically, according to you, the Jewish Tradition is mere 'mythology' as in it is purely fictional and just a bunch of lies. Yet, the Muslim do indeed have a valid Tradition and everyone should respect it.

Please point out where I said that. As Islam is simply based on plagarism of the OT and NT, it is just as much power and control bullshit as they were..

By mythology, I am clearly talking about the big book of fairytales for grownups! But yes, it is in large part mythological, even Isreali historians and archaologists acknowledge this fact.
To be honest, my problem is as I see it a lot of very white European looking people,using force of arms to kick brown looking people off their land.

If you think that my position on hypocrisy regarding Terrorism is some butt hurt about the British Mandate you could not be further from the truth. I have a deep sense of shame for the history of my nation and the blood on my ancestors hands....there are laces all over the world where we should have never been.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
To be honest, my problem is as I see it a lot of very white European looking people,using force of arms to kick brown looking people off their land.

yeah, ok, because all of us Jews are white and blonde with blue eyes LOL!

how naive...

i3gjzr.jpg

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Oh, a pic pf Ethiopian Jews...that looks like it is 60 years old...well that's me put in my place.
Because I totally didn't know that they existed.
What bout all the converts that Isreal is bringing over to fight in the IDF...do they have a historical claim.

Anyway,. this is my last ppost in this thread, because I have taken far too much LSD this year, to waste my time arguing about this shit. I hope you are safe and well, Bombadil.

S

supreme bean

Love the picture of the guy balancing on his dick.Good luck with the peace stuff.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Oh, a pic pf Ethiopian Jews...that looks like it is 60 years old...well that's me put in my place.
Because I totally didn't know that they existed.
What bout all the converts that Isreal is bringing over to fight in the IDF...do they have a historical claim.

Anyway,. this is my last ppost in this thread, because I have taken far too much LSD this year, to waste my time arguing about this shit. I hope you are safe and well, Bombadil.

Those are Yemenite Jews. But thanks for showing us once again how little do you really know about the subject at hand.

Space Toker

Veteran
I agree 100% there needs to be balance. But....
Until those that constantly call for total annihilation of Israel and it's people get that there will no peace. Changing the mind set of those that love to hate and have fostered, grown, and passed on that hate for a couple thousand years is going to be next to impossible.
What you mentioned earlier about not allowing them to have standing armies would be like the US government fully arming those nuts over at Westboro Baptist church and turning them loose. Total chaos. Conventional weapons in the hands of radicals, no matter their relegious/political beliefs is never a good thing. Even standing governments have taught us this throughout history.

Yes of course those sentiments are a valid cause for concern, but so is the refusal of Israel and the US to admit they can do any wrong and that injustice has occurred here and must be addressed in a serious and meaningful manner. People who refuse to admit they or those they support can do any wrong are the most dangerous people of all.

S

supreme bean

There wont be peace for long.so many people who say they, I love my country.How many say.I love humanity.?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Those are Yemenite Jews. But thanks for showing us once again how little do you really know about the subject at hand.

Breaking what I said about posting, but fair enough, you have me there, and I shouldn't have been snarky in the first place. I (like most people, I suspect) do not have an ecyclopedia of various Jewish people's in my head, and so I jumped to Ethiopian. Sorry Yemenites.

Tell me, how much do you know about the ancient tribes of Britain?

Tim Minchin has plan for peace

[YOUTUBEIF]T6qA-4PWdsg[/YOUTUBEIF]

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
More Yemenite Jews:
yemeni122.jpg

Moroccan Jews:
ic

Algerian Jews:
algerianjews.jpg

Pretty Tunisian Jewish Ladies:
ic

etc... etc... etc...

edit: some of the sites do not allow the sharing of images... but if interested, search: mizrahi Jews and mustaarabi Jews... or Syrian, Egyptian, Iranian, Moroccan, Tunisian, Algerian, Lebanese Jews, to name just a few... Sephardi Jews etc...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
As I understand it, all these peoples you have just shown me, are descended from the people who were expelled by the Romans, and have remained in the respective countries (until the foundation of modern Isreal when they were expelled from these countries) and have largely kept their ancient bloodline in tact, they haven't been watered down by mixing with Europeans. These places are not where most jewish immigration is coming fromthough, are they? My point was that it is perverse that a new yprker whose ancient middle eastern blood, amounts to a thimble in a lake, has more rights to live in Jerusalem, than someone whose entire lineage can be traced there as far back as the paper records go. It was a crudely made point though, so your scorn was well deserved.

Space Toker

Veteran
Bomb...You are talking about the religion, I and most here are talking about the dominant nationality of Israel, what is the proper term for them now? They do tend to be fair skinned and look similar to Europeans.
They are the guilty party. Religion has a right to exist. People have a right to exist. Combine them and the results are never good. Crazy fanatical religious states like Israel as it presntly is does not have the right to exist. Once compensation for all the pain and suffering and damage to infrastructure is made, once all stolen land from the 40's onward is returned, would there be anything left? Even if so, a fair and representative government would need to be set up, where everyone is fairly represented by population and other sensible considerations spelled out in advance and agreeable to all. Some would call this a pipe dream, but that's probably what most thought of the rebels that won a revolution and started the US.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Tell me, how much do you know about the ancient tribes of Britain?

Tim Minchin has plan for peace

[youtubeif]T6qA-4PWdsg[/youtubeif]

I have a general and very superficial understanding of the ancient tribes of Britain, why do you ask? because of the theories about the lost ten tribes of Israel?

I thought for a second that Minchin dude meant at the beginning of the video that the seed of peace would be Cannabis :D a proposal which has been presented btw.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
How about injustices on BOTH sides? Or does that just apply to Israel? How do you admit to wrong when the reason for those actions were due to out and out provocation?
Hamas chunks rockets=It's ok, after all they are just oppressed and the rockets aren't that accurate to start with right?
Israel responds in defense=bad
Hamas tunnels into Israel to smuggle in weapons and radicals=Hey, serves that greater purpose eh so it's ok
Israel destroys them=bad?
Hamas actively kidnaps Israeli citizens=Still serving a purpose? =good?
Syria attacks=good?
Israel defends-bad?
So any time Israel is attacked and defends herself Israel is just plain wrong and somehow the bad neighbor? What's really intriguing is that Israel is always the one attacked first but the only one wrong when they use force to defend. Only those that can sympathize with a radial ideology like Hamas can find any logic in that.
Thing is, an Arab government/group could put a nuclear weapon in the middle of Israel, kill everyone and every Arab withing a 20 mile radius of Israel and the Arab world would rejoice. All the Arabs killed in the blast would be declared martyrs, and the hero's would be the ones who sent the weapon in in the first place.
But hey, Israel is always the bad guy so it's ok. right?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I have a general and very superficial understanding of the ancient tribes of Britain, why do you ask? because of the theories about the lost ten tribes of Israel?

I thought for a second that Minchin dude meant at the beginning of the video that the seed of peace would be Cannabis :D a proposal which has been presented btw.

I have a general and very superficial understanding of the different peoples that make up the Jewish people. I was drawing a parallell.

Anyway, like I said before, I hope you and yours are safe.

Laura Huxley had a good idea about calming angry people down..I'd love to see some drones and helos repurposed for this......

[YOUTUBEIF]pmsw8_lmCus[/YOUTUBEIF] 1.07 for the pertinent bit.
:biggrin::tiphat:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
As I understand it, all these peoples you have just shown me, are descended from the people who were expelled by the Romans, and have remained in the respective countries (until the foundation of modern Isreal when they were expelled from these countries) and have largely kept their ancient bloodline in tact, they haven't been watered down by mixing with Europeans. These places are not where most jewish immigration is coming fromthough, are they? My point was that it is perverse that a new yprker whose ancient middle eastern blood, amounts to a thimble in a lake, has more rights to live in Jerusalem, than someone whose entire lineage can be traced there as far back as the paper records go. It was a crudely made point though, so your scorn was well deserved.

Tons of European Jews are dark skinned, like Jews from Spain and Portugal btw...

But the truth is, what does it matter what Jews look like? so the white looking ones that came from Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Russia, etc... have no right to a Jewish State? :chin:

what about the accusations of Arabs and specially the U.N about the Judaization of Jerusalem and other places? :yoinks:

what is the difference between that and people that did not want people of colour in their cities and neighborhoods? the difference is that it is cool and hip to hate on Jews but not on Blacks.

the majority of Arabs living in Israel today (including Gaza and the West Bank) are actually Jordanian, Syrian and Lebanese settlers of the last 50 years. paper records of the Palestians? LOL give me a break, that does not exist, they never even had a currency of their own, much less historical records; you can check the Ottoman records and the Roman ones, see if you find Palestinians mentioned within today's context.

I've seen the aerial pictures of many so-called Arab neighborhoods in Jerusalem from before merely 25 years; many did not even exist, not even a little house; and many were 10% the size they are now.

but I digress.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I have a general and very superficial understanding of the different peoples that make up the Jewish people. I was drawing a parallell.

Anyway, like I said before, I hope you and yours are safe.

Well, the difference is that I keep quiet when I'm ignorant of the subject matter, and if asked, it is easy for me to say that I don't know if I don't really know.

But thanks for the well wishes though.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.